An Interesting Proposition

Well this eems to be quite helpful to get one started:

http://www.white-wolf.com/Games/Pages/VampireHome.html

Sorry, if this has been mentioned in the thread. My sleeping rythm has gone apesh!t during this month. I probably haven't noticed if something has been posted abut it.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I deleted this post because it was wrong. The quickstart does contain some useful info but the rules and disciplines etc. are simplified and cant be used for playing "proper" vampire. I even think it has some serious errors on the clans.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Well, now that Ender is back, we should probably start setting up the details.

1. How many players are allowed?

2. What program will we use to play? (IRC or otherwise)

3. What time and day will we play?

Anything Im forgetting?

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

I deleted this post because it was wrong. The quickstart does contain some useful info but the rules and disciplines etc. are simplified and cant be used for playing "proper" vampire. I even think it has some serious errors on the clans.

Should I read that Amerillo one you posted, above?

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

About the Sarsparilla? If you've got the time. The core book is the only one that's important, if only Ender would post the link to the file here on the forum

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Yeah, I totally need a love inerest.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I think eight players max for a table-top style game, though I have run LARP games with as many as 85 players, but that is a completely different beast.

IRC or any similiar chat room that people would prefer is fine with me.

We do have a female character played by Kaftan.

I have no problem with players reading the Guide to the Camarilla as it provides a rudimentary knowledge of how the Camarilla works. If you would prefer to play a brand-new neonate vampire who really doesn't know much, that is fine, but the Guide to the Camarilla is a player's guide and doesn't contain much in the way of secrets.

Archmonarch might start keeping the first post updated with all the details.

Here is so basic character creation help:

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

The character sheet gets filled in top to bottom, and is put into sections.

The very top portion covers the concept, and the most important area here is your nature and demeanor. The book I sent you has a section called Archetypes, and you pick an Archetype for your Nature, and one for your Demeanor. Your Nature reflects who you really are as a person. (Also you aren't limited to these Archetypes, and you might come up with a new one like Scholar). When you are really roleplaying your true Nature, you can request that I reward you with Willpower points which are quite handy.

Demeanor however reflects not who you truly are, but how you come across to the world. If you are a Scholar, do you come across as a Curmudgeon or Pedantic?

In the attributes section, you will notice the first dot in every attribute has been filled in for free, because you can't have an attribute rating of zero. Pick one group (Physical, Social, Mental) to focus on. That group gets seven points to distribute amongst the three attributes in that category. Then you choose a category to distribute five points and a category that gets three points.

You basically do the same with skills. One group gets 13 points (I think) and then maybe 9 and then 5?

You get five points for backgrounds, and there are several backgrounds listed in the book. I recommend that you spend a few points on the Generation Background.

You then get to put three points in Discplines. The disciplines you can start with are determined by your Clan.

Then you spend seven points on your three virtues. Your first point in each virtue is free since you can't have a virtue rating of zero.

Your Courage Rating then becomes your Willpower rating. Your Conscience and Self-Control add up and become your Humanity rating.

This might be a dumb question, but what would be the best way to actually send you (Ender) our character sheets? What program are people using the fill out their sheets? Is everyone printing out a copy of the character sheet, filling it in by hand, then scanning the completed copy back onto their comp to send to Ender?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I have no scanner...

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

You can just type the sheet out as text, or fill in the character sheet with a paint program if you like. I'm assuming most people here can't edit PDF files.

You can email me at Ender (remove this space) Andrew@gmail DOT com

I have some character sheets I have received already via PM and that is fine, but emai is preferred.

know also that you get 3 dots to spend on disciplines

Your 50 freebie points can buy dots in all catgoried, but at different costs. There is a table on the lower right on page 104 in the core book:

Freebie point cost per dot

Attribute      - 5

Ability          - 2

Discipline      - 7

Background  - 1

Virtue          - 2

Humanity    - 1

Willpower    - 1

So buying 2 extra discipline dots would cost 14 freebie points, while buying 3 dots in an Attribute such as Manipulation would cost 15.

My character is female so I am sure that we will experience many Freudian moments together :D

Achtung

The rulebook says that in this system of making a character, no char should be older than 25 years as undead. What is your take on this, Ender?

213374U> Ender said before that any of the 13 are acceptable and that no lower than 9th generation(4 dots in the Generation background)

I have two questions. Can I choose any clan, or am I restricted to the regular (Camarilla and Anarchs) ones?

And... just how much am I allowed to increase (decrease) Generation? :shifty:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Off to create a character then. Thanks Ender.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Likewise, I'll create a character and send it to you, Ender. Be a good fellow and let me know if I make any stupid mistakes I can fix. In DnD, you can screw yourself something fierce in the long haul by making bad decisions up front.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Vampire is much more fault-proof than D&D, there are no classes or levels that restrict what skills and so on you may take later. And there are no prerequisistes for anything.

well, non-clan disciplines cost more exp to get and raise but you can still get them.( there used to be some high-level combo disciplines that you had to have like Animalism 3 + Protean 4 to be able to learn but those were mant for Elder NPC's I think)

I'm tempted to read the whole book, put I guess that would just hinder my gaming rpogress. The intro section was...interesting.

kirottu said:

Yeah, we need more females, dammit :p

kirottu said: