An Interesting Proposition

A technologically savvy, highly educated Tremere.

The Tremere are the clan of originally mortal mages who drained the blood from a few vampires to make themselves immortal. Once they became vampires, they lost access to their human magics and created Thaumaturgy (blood magic). Thus, they are known as Warlocks.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

Ill also play an anarch-esque character, maybe we'll need a few normal people too before out coterie(party) becomes some kind of Black Rebel Motorcycle Club -ripoff :wacko: ..not that theres anything wrong with that

Im reading the 3rd ed "Guide to the Anarchs" and theyve really made them a real entity this time around. And now there are vampires from all 13 clans among their ranks, its not just Brujahs, Caitiffs, Gangrel and Toreadors anymore like it used to be. There's even Tremere anarchs(!) :p

I can upload it to my site if anyone wants to read it.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Just to organize things, heres a list of our current information:

GM: EnderWiggin

Setting/System: World of Darkness - Vampire the Masquerade

Players: Archmonarch (myself), jaguars4ever, GhostofAnakin, Eldar, Kaftan Barlast, thepixiesrock, metadigital

Eight would seem to me to be an absolute maximum for a single game. Even that may be excessive. Ultimately, however, the numbers are up to Ender and he will make the final call.

Other interested parties: SteveThaiBinh, Magena, xxxroflmeisterxxx, Musopticon?

We could possibly divide this into two games, based on geographical location. Though, of course, with Ender's child on the way, two games may not be practical for his schedule. Unless someone else would GM?

Or if preferred, we may have a waiting list so that if someone drops out or is unable to continue for one reason or another, an alternate takes their place.

In the end, it is up to Ender, with player input.

I find it kind of sad

I'm in, if you take me. I feel sorry for you all, this is going to be so interesting.

Now, if we do play Vampire; my character is going to be a severely self-disgusted(embrace can be a nasty thing to take in) fledling who just stumbles in to the city/other locale this game takes place. Someone not very monstery as such. Clan choice is still open. Some kind of outdoors group would be good. I'm thinking of an ex-lone wolf who's forced to take part in the happenings, played as a pawn.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I can think of two clans that would suit you.

If you wanted to play up the self-disgust angle, the Nosferatu might fit your character. They are twisted and deformed by the embrace, becoming hideously ugly. Most live in sewers and the like.

There are also the Gangrel, an animalistic group close to nature. They have the ability to shift shape and are almost exclusively good with animals. Most are chosen for Embrace, due to their loner tendencies.

I find it kind of sad

*sigh* :huh: I'm interested, but again I can't commit for the long term. It'd be great if you posted a short update/report after each session for interested readers. I'd quite like to follow the goings-on, and maybe if another game starts in the new year I could join that. :blink:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

This is getting better and better. I think I'll go with Gangrel. Fledlings aren't very, shall we say "vampirous" at the start, are they?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Morality is judged according to three virtues: Conscience, Self-Control and Courage or Conviction, Instinct, and Courage (all vampires have courage). The former three are basically attempting to follow the path of Humanity, while the second tends to be the philosophy of the Sabbat, a rival vampire congregation that desires power to do as they will, regardless of the consequences.

Most Kindred (vampires) follow Humanity and to at least some degree mimic human behavior. There is no immediate transition from mortal ethos to undead killer. It does almost invariably occur over time, however.

I find it kind of sad

It depends on how your character was as human, if your character was nice then you wont become an insta-sociopath on embrace. Playing a freshly embraced character is loads of fun provided it fits the chronicle. It could lead to lots of fun roleplaying if the rest of us stumbled into you, just hours after your embrace. Then we'd be like your vampire mommies&daddies :thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I'm a recent embrace. I want a mommy and daddy vampire.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Also, it might present an interesting subplot to discover your sire.

Anyway, if you decide to be a freshly embraced character, hope that another member of the coterie is the same clan as you, so that you may learn your clan disciplines.

I find it kind of sad

^_^

I can just imagine the "wtf-reactions" when he first meets the troup

kirottu said:

Im reading the 3rd ed "Guide to the Anarchs" and theyve really made them a real entity this time around. And now there are vampires from all 13 clans among their ranks, its not just Brujahs, Caitiffs, Gangrel and Toreadors anymore like it used to be. There's even Tremere anarchs(!) :lol:

I can upload it to my site if anyone wants to read it.

I would love that as I haven't really seen anything of this system other than occasionally seeing books on a bookshelf, but I never opened them.

Setting/System: World of Darkness - Vampire the Masquerade

Or if preferred, we may have a waiting list so that if someone drops out or is unable to continue for one reason or another, an alternate takes their place.

A "waiting list" might be a good idea as some people might realize that when Ender can DM isn't when others can game.

For anyone with access to the sourcebooks and are familiar with VtmB video game, are the classes in the game similar to their description in the source books?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I would like to try something, although I'm unsure how to go about doing it. I can accept that this idea will not work, so let me know one way or the other and I'll come up with an alternate idea.

I was a scholar in life. I delved deep into dark secrets, not always understanding what I found but always seeking to find more. As I traveled my arcane path, I was introduced to magic, which I studied with a fervor. I was an academe at heart, but I was also happy in the company of humans. I never turned my dark secrets to dark ends, preferring a life of content contemplation.

Nevertheless, I was not satisfied to ignore the dangerous things lurking in the shadowy corners of the world. I studied and worked with other humans who had scratched the surface of a dreadful universe filled with monsters and demons. I was beginning to penetrate the shroud of deception.

I called upon a trusted colleague and friend, with whom I had shared many secrets when she introduced me into my undead state. I had, she explained, discovered too much, gone too far on my path. She respected me too much to kill me but she could not allow me to continue. This was the only possibility to let me "live."

I am Ventrue, and understand my place. It didn't take long to accept the truth, but I have not yet given up my hope of understanding the origins of the Kindred and the nature of the darkness. I cling desperately to what humanity I once had. I seek ways to work for the good of mankind, but I also know the hunger and desperation of the Kindred. I look forward to learning more. I am, after all, a scholar.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

For anyone with access to the sourcebooks and are familiar with VtmB video game, are the classes in the game similar to their description in the source books?

The Vampire:Requiem and Dark Ages: Vampire sourecebooks go into more detail describing the clans (and some of them were even left out of the CRPG) but they are the same clans.. yes.

image002.gifLancer

...I'm not opposed to non-Camarilla clans..

...I am willing to listen to request for non-standard clans and bloodlines, but there needs to be a good storyline reasoning behind it. If you can tell me how said character concept will make the game better, I will likely approve it...

So if youve got one hell of a reason to play an oddball clan, he might let you. But the regular 13 should be enough for everyone :p I was going to play a Camarilla clan but then I thought Id play a clan Id never had before and found one with a very fitting weakness for my character.

And as requested:

Guide to the Anarchs (38.7mb)

Yup, there's usually no differance in disciplines etc. between regular and antitribu clans so most people count them as one. And you only count as antitribu if youre a cam clan in the sabbat or a sabbat clan in the cam, anarchs f.ex are never antitribu.

I am Ventrue, and understand my place.  It didn't take long to accept the truth, but I have not yet given up my hope of understanding the origins of the Kindred and the nature of the darkness.  I cling desperately to what humanity I once had.  I seek ways to work for the good of mankind, but I also know the hunger and desperation of the Kindred.  I look forward to learning more.  I am, after all, a scholar.

It seems fine to me. Though the Ventrue are primarily social creatures, they are in charge of the Masquerade and so could consider it their duty to embrace you. Anyway, the difference from Ventrue stereotypes could make for an interesting character. I say go for it.

One thing, though: the Ventrue have no access to the vampiric magics and given the secrecy within clans, I do not see an easy way for your character to gain such knowledge, considering the penalty for sharing is usually death or blood bond. Just be aware of this.

I find it kind of sad

Morality is judged according to three virtues: Conscience, Self-Control and Courage or Conviction, Instinct, and Courage (all vampires have courage). The former three are basically attempting to follow the path of Humanity, while the second tends to be the philosophy of the Sabbat, a rival vampire congregation that desires power to do as they will, regardless of the consequences.

Most Kindred (vampires) follow Humanity and to at least some degree mimic human behavior. There is no immediate transition from mortal ethos to undead killer. It does almost invariably occur over time, however.

So, these Sabbat are the "true Sith Vampires"? The ones that haven't been converted from human cattle? The ones that Mr Blade was not happy with in the eponymous films?

:cool:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT