An Interesting Proposition

I dont know how we're supposed to do this, but Im in. Especially if we play Vampire, its been years since I played that :p

..me being in the GMT+1 timezone might be a bit awkward though

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

If someone has no access to the old WoD books, then PM me. I'll get you detailed information for character creation.

http://www.white-wolf.com/Images/Character...vampire_new.pdf

There is the character sheet. If people are already familiar with Vamp then create characters with 50 freebie points and a max of 9th gen. Weird clans/bloodlines/concepts should be run by me for approval.

I'm heading out of town for a few days, but I'll be back by Tuesday.

I can do that, but again ,how in earth will we play? IRC or some sort of messenger program? :p

And I asume we're talking about a regular Camarilla game here? So no runaway Tzimisces or similar?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I'm guessing WoD since it seems to have the most nominations. We're running the old WoD since I don't know the new one well enough yet.

I'm not opposed to non-Camarilla clans. I can easily handle that via story, as I will probably set the game in a city run by an Autarkis (meaning independent/no sect-ties) Prince with an old-school feudal feel to it.

Anyone that respects his laws in the city are welcome, though he would obviously be more skeptical towards certain clans.

Again, I am willing to listen to request for non-standard clans and bloodlines, but there needs to be a good storyline reasoning behind it. If you can tell me how said character concept will make the game better, I will likely approve it.

Saying I want awesome powers is not a good reason. I will not however approve Baali or True Brujah. Heck most WoD players probably don't even know who they are, so it shouldn't be a big deal.

If as a player you are not familiar with the world or setting, don't fret. That is actually the best way to play, as a recent embrace (recently made Vampire) who learns everything about the world in-character.

And if anyone wants to know more about V:tM(background or rules) while Ender is gone you can just ask me. Ive got plenty of useful books such as the guides to the Camarilla/Sabbat aswell as some clanbooks etc.

And since we are playing 3rd edition V:tM and the current is called "Vampire the Requiem" and has a different setting, downloading 3rd ed books on DC etc. is semi-legal sort of like abandonware. But the less you know, the cooler it will be to find out in-game :)

You cant, Vampire: the Masquerade was discontinued and is no longer available for purchase. You could get a second hand copy but WW wouldnt make any money of that deal anyway, so I say go ahead and download your heart out :D

Well, it might be handy to have the actual paper books and they smell very nice :thumbsup:

And if anyone wants to know more about V:tM(background or rules) while Ender is gone you can just ask me. Ive got plenty of useful books such as the guides to the Camarilla/Sabbat aswell as some clanbooks etc.

And since we are playing 3rd edition V:tM and the current is called "Vampire the Requiem" and has a different setting, downloading 3rd ed books on DC etc. is semi-legal sort of like abandonware. But the less you know, the cooler it will be to find out in-game :thumbsup:

I'm on Kaftan's team.

:D

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I'll be the lone wolf who hits and runs (more running than actual hitting).  o:)"

Hush. Take it easy, friend. If you run, you'll only die tired. :-

The thing that I'm confused about is how the game will be played. There are two options... well three actually that I have participated in before.

1. using IRC and getting together at a chosen time to play.

2. start thread(s) so that we are playing in the thread here... this can make it more difficult for some as we would need to really map out what we are doing as opposed to just saying we are doing something. -- show vs. tell.

3. via email.

The second can be well done, but there is a great chance of having people who aren't part of the game jump in on the thread and either spam or act as though they belong.

I would love to get involved in a game... actually my husband was telling me a few days ago that he really needs to get me into a game. :D

I say we just do in on teamspeak or some such. Everyone hates how his voice sounds online, but it's not so bad. Otherwise, I'm for IRC. Thread games and email sounds like a pain to me.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I say we just do in on teamspeak or some such.  Everyone hates how his voice sounds online, but it's not so bad.  Otherwise, I'm for IRC.  Thread games and email sounds like a pain to me.

I've never played over team speak.

I have been in some fun games via IRC though.

I'd join, but being in Finland and all...you know. Also, I'd just be a pain in the ass.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

You're a pain in the ass already. ...And you should join. If it doesn't work out, then it doesn't work out. I think you should give it a shot. :thumbsup:

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

The game has to be played in a realtime enviroment so IRC, a special RPG program, or some sort of messenger chatroom with our without voicechat is whats on. I would prefer if it was text-based since that gives a lot more room for real roleplaying. You get more time to think up things to say and you dont need any acting ability :thumbsup:

The timezone thing might not be a problem, all it takes is for our american GM & players to start it in the afternoon instead of in the evening. Im just 6 hours ahead of New York time :thumbsup:

I'd join, but being in Finland and all...you know. Also, I'd just be a pain in the ass.

We can just schedule the game when you're not available, that way we can do naughty things with your character and you won't be there to object.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

When I was 14, we spent an entire evening destroying the severly overpoweered and annoying character of our friend Jens, who couldnt be bothered to show up. It was awesome :D we hit him with somekind of

A skillfull rogue, who doesn't play by the rules and is a loose cannon. Also, he is a conspiracy theorist...

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.