An Interesting Proposition

Given that we have many PnP RPG players, as evidenced by the popularity of the subforum, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in getting together a game with regulars. Knowing the range of personalities here, I foresee an enjoyable session for all were such to come to pass.

Naturally, it would be dependent upon geography, but Im sure we have enough people to perhaps start several games each based in a different timezone. Perhaps one North American West Coast, one North American East Coast, and one for England, since most of the members seem to be from Canada, US, or England. Of course, there is the possibility for games in other parts of the world should anyone be interested in running such.

Though I have submitted the idea, I am not what most would call an experienced Rper. Certainly, I am nowhere near qualified to act as GM/DM/ST etc. Therefore, I would ask someone(s) to step up and arrange a game. The system would be up to the GM, with some input from players. The easiest format would seem to be through the Internet, whether a program such as OpenRPG, a chat program, or PbP/PbEM. Again, this would be up to the players and their DM.

Should anyone be interested in arranging something like this, please post and maybe we could get something started.

Maybe we should follow this format to suggest games:

Preferred Systems, Experience, Style of Games (whether more combat or RP focused), any specific house rules, and any requirements for application.

Add anything else as you see fit. Everything in this post is subject to modification as suggested by others.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

I think this is an exellent idea. I believe that most of the fun is not the ruleset or the setting or the class etc, etc, but the people you're playing with. And I for one have come to enjoy the e-company of many of the regulars here...not to to mention the bashing of the "not-so-respected-pseudo-n00bs". :D

So consider me in.

Though I want nothing to do with GM'ing whatsoever.

:devil:"

manthing2.jpg

Depends which setting and which system we use. I'd be up for it as long as I didn't have to actually buy any source books or whatever. And if I got the opportunity to shoot Jags from behind when he was least expecting it. :ph34r:

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Maybe.  I always run games and would prefer to play, but can be coerced into running a game.

At one point in time I suggested running a D6 Star Wars game here that I was going to run.

I almost joined that one, but then got busy with work. Luckily I don't have that problem right now (although if we delay getting started, I might).

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Nice!

I like being able to insult someone and have someone else get punished for it.

Then let me tell you a joke Ghostie chum:

Frenchman, Englishman and Claudia Schiffer travelling by train through Provence. The train enters a tunnel and the lights go out. Then came a kissing noise followed by the sound of a really loud slap.

When the train exited the tunnel, Claudia and the Englishman were sitting as if nothing had happened and the Frenchman was holding his cheek. The Frenchman thought 'That Englishman must have tried to kiss Claudia and she missed him and slapped me instead.'

Claudia was thinking: 'The Frenchman must have tried to kiss me and actually kissed the Englishman and got slapped for it.'

And the Englishman was thinking: 'Great! The next time the train goes through a tunnel I'll make another kissing noise and slap that Frenchman again.'

manthing2.jpg