How to Finish Malachor V as Mira...

Okay, okay...let's give this another try...

Well, I'm sure I'm not the first person to figure out how to keep playing as Mira on Malachor V, but all I can say is, "Damn...no THAT was a challenge..." I mean, sure I did the Hssiss lizard trick until I got to Level 40, but everyone else only leveled up to 36. By the time I got to Malachor V, m character was a level 41 or 42 and everyone else was Level 38. I'll tell you, you REALLY notice the whole "enemies level up with the main character" thing... Taking on Marauders, Assassins and Sith Lords made for a level 42 with a Level 38...it's very noticeable. Almost none of my Force Powers were effective, much less were they effective on the first try, like Insanity, Stasis Field, Wave... but the "Dark Jedi" and the Apprentices were easy enough compared to the Prestige Class baddies... Almost all I could use on some of them was Force Storm... I couldn't hit a damn thing taking them on dual wielding lightsabers, but then again, I gave her Master Dualing.

And wouldn't you know...when I went to fight Sion, he was already standing in front of the door to the Trayus Core... So...I approach the door and what do you know? The REAL Sion appears...I just ran around with Master speed activated and spammed Force Storm and took them out that way. The psuedo-Sion went down for good, but the real deal fought to the end... Kreia was hard enough....as were the three lightsabers, but....evade and survive...get them to separate, spam Force Storm, and load up every Strength-Boosting piece of equipment that isn't already equipt on the Exile... And single wield, if you don't have Master Two-Weapon...

But, you know what? I didn't realize that I skipped the Remote and the Remote-GO-TO face-off until the end... Can't say I missed it...

So, I ask again: Anyone else think that was a BLAST!!!!!

Your topic already got deleted, why bring it back up?

This obviously can't be achieved without a)some MAJOR glitch, or b)some pretty tough tweaking with the editor. And since you didn't seem to indicate that you had either, then one has to assume you're just making a joke topic.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Now, the explaination...

The first time I figured this out was by accident... It was on my first playthrough as a female...so, naturally, my first though was that I played as Mira for a little bit and then it switched back to the Exile. It occured when I was just about to deliver the killing blow to Hanharr. I had equipped Mira with some items and weapons that I would either need to use myself or break down and make some better stuff.

So, here's how you do it...I worked on my computer and my copy, so if it doesn't work on your's, I don't know what to say...

So, just do what I did:

Right after you deliver the "killing blow" to Hanharr, but before it cuts to the dialog, hit escape or got to the save screen or whatever...I didn't try this with a quick save...I just hit escape and went to the save screen from there. So, after the "killing blow" but before the dialog, do a normal save (new slot, of course). Then go back to the game and if you did it right, the screen should be black...No big deal, just go back and load the game that you just saved...and bingo! You skipped the Hanharr dialog, but he's still there in his wounded state... And you've also skipped the Remote mission and the Remote-GO-TO face-off....ah, boo hoo...

So, you there you have it!

And I WAS able to beat the rest of the game...Sio, Kreia/Traya and all.....

Have Fun!

Yeah this one time I saved my game before I activated HK and then the screen went black, so naturally I reloaded. And bam! HK had turned into a toaster and his main weapon were burnt poptarts. This was on my first play through so naturally I thought this was all normal.

Yeah this one time I saved my game before I activated HK and then the screen went black, so naturally I reloaded. And bam! HK had turned into a toaster and his main weapon were burnt poptarts. This was on my first play through so naturally I thought this was all normal.

I had only played the game a couple times before...so, I still wasn't that familar with the game. But in my defense, it didn't take that long for me to realize that it was just a glitch...luckily, the auto save was at the Citadel Station when you talk to Carth...

But if you have the computer version, a save point close to when you land on Malachor V, and the desire to prove yourself wrong...be my guest...

Yeah and there was this one time I was playing as Hanarr and when I reloaded after saving ...... he was a big walking carp..... oh wait hang on (w00t)

so...everyone "knows" I'm full of sh*t... What could I do to convince you otherwise?

How do you set up to take screens shots? Would that convince some of you? I don't mean to obsess over this. It's just that I ran across a glitch and I thought I would share it with everyone, but it doesn't really help much that everyone thinks that I'm making all of this up, and wasting my time... But it looks like I'm wasting my time, either way...

On Malachor V: after the "killing blow" but before it cuts to the dialog, make a save, return to the game (the screen should be black), go back load your save, and there you have it...

Until you figure out how to take screenshots of what you describe (CLEAR ones, not just a pic of Mira somewhere on Malachor), you'll be the scorn of the internet.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Until you figure out how to take screenshots of what you describe (CLEAR ones, not just a pic of Mira somewhere on Malachor), you'll be the scorn of the internet.

tell me about it...

If I knew how, I could get any screen shot you want: Proving Grounds, Trayus Core, Face-off with Sion (and the pseudo-Sion that dies right away)...

Do you know how to set up the game options so I can take screenshots?

where to do the screenshots end up in the KotOR 2 folder? do they go to a special folder?

Nope. They end up in the main KOTOR folder, between the *.Exe and *.ini files and such, as *.TGA

(Mmmm, I wrote all of this down not long ago, if the thread wasn't deleted I could have just linked :thumbsup: , as there also seemed quite alot of people in there who didn't had a clue on how to do it...)

okay...well, I'll indulge your curiousity...give me couple minutes

okay, I tried pressing al of the function keys, I tried holding them down individually for couple seconds, and I tried the print screen key....but nothing happens...I checked my saved game...it's not in there...am I missing something? what button do I push?

Edited by Jambo

QUOTE(Jambo @ Jul 21 2005, 12:33 AM)

where to do the screenshots end up in the KotOR 2 folder? do they go to a special folder?

Nope. They end up in the main KOTOR folder, between the *.Exe and *.ini files and such, as *.TGA

(Mmmm, I wrote all of this down not long ago, if the thread wasn't deleted I could have just linked  , as there also seemed quite alot of people in there who didn't had a clue on how to do it...)

Anyways, this is the location. Check if you also saved SWKotor2.ini after setting EnableScreenshots=1...

The pictures in the save folder are these little pictures you see when loading a game, given (in the small) what you saw when Saved... these are NOT your own made SS'es...

Alright, alright...I figured it out...everytime I hot Print Screen, it just put the picture in an little "clipboard." I just opened up Paint and hit Paste and the picture popped right up... here's a few...

post-9822-1121905586_thumb.jpg

post-9822-1121905795_thumb.jpg

post-9822-1121905834_thumb.jpg

post-9822-1121905865_thumb.jpg

post-9822-1121905894_thumb.jpg

post-9822-1121905926_thumb.jpg

post-9822-1121905990_thumb.jpg

post-9822-1121906026_thumb.jpg

post-9822-1121906095_thumb.jpg

post-9822-1121906126_thumb.jpg

post-9822-1121906189_thumb.jpg

So...Kotorkyle, Universal Soldier, metadigital:

How do you want that crow prepared?

But no hard feelings, I would have been a little sceptical, myself if anyone of you guys made such an outrageous claim...

But really, the only true test is to see if anyone else can do what I did...

Really: It was a lot of fun... almost as much fun as going solo on the Start Forge...only, I didn't die near as much this time, but quite a challenge, none the less...