Unfair Saving throws for Jedi Maste

I could never understand why the Jedi Sentinels and Watchmen were given almost as much willpower stats as Jedi Masters. Conditioning feats will bring them up to far, if not even better.

It just seems then that the Jedi Master becomes nothing more than a weakened version of a Jedi Watchman. Since the JM already has lower melee damage and vitality points, their strength should be uber force points and will power. But with the saving throws for the sentinel/watchman as they are, that seems to just take the chutzpah out of the Jedi Master >_<:blink:

It would be really cool if Aurora's rebalance mod addressed this problem.... :-"

Class balance is a difficult thing for most any RPG to navigate, but seemingly especially so for the Kotor games as they have not gotten it right yet.

I hope that in the next game theres no "Classes" for jedi, and that you could obtain the skills and abilities on your own.

As for saving throws, I'd like to see something more uniform, reguardless of class

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I wasn't really a fan of how Jedi Masters and Sith Lords classes were handled. Their weaknesses seemed to vastly outweigh their overall strengths. I was hoping that the Jedi Master or Sith Lord would be absolute monsters with Force ability, but instead they seemed only fractionally better than Watchmen/Mauraders, and considering how weak they were in other areas, it didn't seem like a good trade off.

In other words, I felt disappointed that of the prestige classes, the ones called "master" and "lord" were arguably the weakest. >_<

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I'd have to agree... I tend to play a consular up to my Prestige Class (to stock up on powers and FP pool), then immediately switch to the opposite.. WeaponsMaster :wacko:

Since early on in the game I have the advantage of my party, I can 'survive' the weak(ened) combat skills of Consulars... and later on when the game decides for 'solo' and 'split' quests, I have my combat skills as Weaponsmaster as well as my backup of Force...

Note, I started doing this once I found out how TSL royally screwed my well planned Consular/Jedi Master... I felt rather 'buggered' to say the least.. hehehe <_<

I have to agree with Laozi, please.. no 'classes' for Jedi when/if the next version ever gets developed...

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| My KotOR / TSL Mods | My WIP | USM Compatibility |

Having trouble with TSL's cheat console? Try the Hak Pad. Don't forget the Booster!

I wasn't really a fan of how Jedi Masters and Sith Lords classes were handled.  Their weaknesses seemed to vastly outweigh their overall strengths.  I was hoping that the Jedi Master or Sith Lord would be absolute monsters with Force ability, but instead they seemed only fractionally better than Watchmen/Mauraders, and considering how weak they were in other areas, it didn't seem like a good trade off.

In other words, I felt disappointed that of the prestige classes, the ones called "master" and "lord" were arguably the weakest.  :wub:

Character editors can fix that problem. :(

I'd have to agree... I tend to play a consular up to my Prestige Class (to stock up on powers and FP pool), then immediately switch to the opposite.. WeaponsMaster  :huh:

Since early on in the game I have the advantage of my party, I can 'survive' the weak(ened) combat skills of Consulars... and later on when the game decides for 'solo' and 'split' quests, I have my combat skills as Weaponsmaster as well as my backup of Force...

Note, I started doing this once I found out how TSL royally screwed my well planned Consular/Jedi Master... I felt rather 'buggered' to say the least.. hehehe  <_<

I have to agree with Laozi, please.. no 'classes' for Jedi when/if the next version ever gets developed...

Oh sh1t, the laughing man just hacked my eyes

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I like sith lord (just spamming my Force Crush always got me the win, they couldn't do anything) and never played a Master, I always go for the lightsaber. I agree that you shouldn't have Classes amongst jedi with a minor acception, Jedi Knight and the prestiege class of Master.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Hehehe.

I always love the look in Mace Windu's eyes in Episode III when they're in that saber lock. It's a focused, determined scowl, and I can't help but think he's thinking "What are you doing?? I'm a bad mutha ****er"