Status of KOTOR:3

EnderAndrew

Since people keep asking what is going on with KOTOR:3, I think we should sticky a topic so that everyone knows the official status of KOTOR:3.

In September of 2004, LucasArts laid off several of their employees, including the team who was currently developing KOTOR:3. All internal projects save for one were canceled.

Akari, one of the KOTOR:2 developers said shortly after KOTOR:2's release that as far as he knew, no one was currently working on KOTOR:3

MCA (Lead Designer on KOTOR:2) has said a few times (such as the recent interview with Gamer Girl) that he would like to do KOTOR:3, but it is not currently being developed.

Q: Will there be a KOTOR III? Or, be still my heart, a Planescape 2?

No word on either, really. I wouldn

Only thing is this will have to be stickied in every single forum, since most of the n00bs (and some of the "vets") don't seem to read stickies and just post whatever they feel like, even if it's a repeat of a thread that is on the same page as the one they're posting on. <_<

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

You can also email LucasArts at: http://lucasarts.com/contact/

There is no way to e-mail lucasarts. Look at the page, no e-mailbuttons / adresses at all. Yeah, why don't we send letters to them. Or maybe someone could find their Fax number?!

For one thing, I cannot understand why this company would drop a project that is selling like hotcakes. If the designers at Lucasarts are to lazy to develop a good story, then it will be our job to do that for them.

Master Vandar lives!

GoA: You are barred from harming or attempting to harm Darque in any way. I require her for my Diplomacy game.

By the way, have any interest in playing? :D

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

They should kill that guy--Geoghegan

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

GoA: You are barred from harming or attempting to harm Darque in any way. I require her for my Diplomacy game. 

By the way, have any interest in playing? :D

She won't be harmed as long as she learns her place. :wub:

Jags already tried to get me to join. I turned him down like his date on prom night.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

there are lots of news concerning lucasarts since a few days (just search google). I posted some news at www.starwarsknights.com (Check for the news of the 07/11/05 and of today). You'll also find the links to the original sources. There's a short mention of Kotor 3 but it raises as much questions as it gives answers :huh: ...but if you read the original article and look how quickly they say they don't have immediate plans for Jedi Knight...well everything is possible...

You lose the thread....bigtime

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I just visited pczone.co.uk and came across an interesting article about LucasArts and its IP's.

Lucasarts info

Just hit the link it'll take ya to a site, it doesn't delve deeply into Star Wars but by the sounds of it were going to have to wait a long time as these games become scarcer.

... "We are best known for our Star Wars IP, but we feel like we oversaturated the market in the past," says Geoghegan [pronounced Go-Heegan] vice president global sales and marketing at LucasArts. "We were inadvertently harvesting the brand and we were shipping too much undifferentiated, mediocre product. We have to be more careful about how we manage the brand." ...

Sounds like as much of an admission of guilt as we're evver likely to hear.

No mention of the patch for the game described as:

... some gamers going so far as to argue that the best Star Wars products recently released--on any media--are videogames. Adventure KOTOR II and action game Battlefront have many admirers ...

What does this remind me of ...?

Trust us, this time for sure!

Nothing up my sleeve, and Presto! Bulwinkle the Moose!

(Bull something, that's for sure.)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT