xbox workbench bug?

hey all. i have been playing the xbox version and i was wondering if anybody else was encountering this. whenever i try to break down any item to get components, it doesn't matter what item i am breaking down, or which character is breaking the item down, i always only get 1 component out of the item. i heard that you can get more components if it is a higher value item or if the person breaking down the item has a higher repair skill? nonetheless, i only get one component per breakdown.

has anybody else encountered this? is this the way that it is supposed to be or is it some kind of bug? if it is a bug, is there any way to fix it? any ideas here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rylant

I never encountered this problem. Some items do give only 1 component when you breakdown, like mining lasers and such. When you breakdown items, on the right of the screen you will see 3 stats. If I remember correctly, it says:

value #

components #

stock #

# being the amount you have

value is how many components you will recieve from breaking it down,

components is how many you have in total,

and stock is how many of that items you have (im not sure if it says stock, it might say something else)

right. for me, the "value" number is always 1. it doesn't matter who is breaking the item down or what the item is. i was wondering if this was the same for others or if i may have some bug?

Rylant

hey all.  i have been playing the xbox version and i was wondering if anybody else was encountering this.  whenever i try to break down any item to get components, it doesn't matter what item i am breaking down, or which character is breaking the item down, i always only get 1 component out of the item.  i heard that you can get more components if it is a higher value item or if the person breaking down the item has a higher repair skill?  nonetheless, i only get one component per breakdown.

has anybody else encountered this?  is this the way that it is supposed to be or is it some kind of bug?  if it is a bug, is there any way to fix it?  any ideas here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rylant

The repair skill of the exile is used. For best results, increase it to 20.

i have the same prob and i think this is a bug rather than intended. coz treat skill is like repair in that it modifies the number of chemicals you get when you break stuff and when i use chars like kreia or visas with hich treat they get the max number of chem/item.

kinda stupid if repair comp/item ratio is based on the repair skill of the main char even if he is not the one using the workbench.

raising int or repair skill is kinda off the question as well as breaking down bao dur shields non stop or duping items and breaking em off.

pc version btw

Telos Military base:

I wanted to prepare myself extra well for the 3 HK-encounter, and without thinking about this one, did find that it mattered of the user.

When Bao got on he could make stuff my own char couldn't make...

And also the Medtabels seem to work. When Kreia worked on one in Telos' Academy it clearly show "Threat Injuries Skill 18", Kreia had this, Exile had 1...

Altough I could swear the Designers said it would work otherwise... I'll see if I can find their post...

indeed the repair skill of, say bao dur, is used when CREATING items not when breaking items into components which is sadly based on the exile. ofcourse this wouldnt be a problem if you got lots of int and a sentinel coz you can build up all skills.

on the other hand treat injury whether building or breaking items is based on the character using the lab station and is independent on the skills of the exile.

I was unable to find said Designers Post...

But due to above post I can recall what it said...

Constuct Things- Users skill

Breaking Down- Exile's Skill, the fact that the Medlab uses the current user instead of Exile's skill was the bug...

If you have alot of spare time, you might want to search for it...