Something that's been on my mind

alanschu

I've never played TORG.

You haven't done a lot of things it seems :mellow:

They just released a new and revised book for it, you should check it out :thumbsup:

Now.. Now... settle down children :(

I haven't played TORG either...Darque, since you spam these boards about TORG nearly as much as I spam them about Mystara, you have gotten me curious. What is TORG?

I know very little of it besides it being a planet where tech level (sorry the GURPS in me slipped) varies wildly across the planet accommodating play in all sorts of genres ranging from fantasy to sci-fi... What makes TORG so cool in your honest opinion?

image002.gifLancer

TORG is a setting where these beings called possibility raiders can attatch their reality to another world (called cosm) and invade it by converting the world to their reality and gaining vast amounts of power in the process.

With the eventual goal of becoming the "TORG" (which is a funny word for godlike being)

The basic setting in this case is that Earth has been invaded by several other cosms, each with it's own "genre" (horror, sci-fi, lost worlds, fantasy, etc) And the players goal is to defend the world from these invaders and their minions.

TORG is a setting where these beings called possibility raiders can attatch their reality to another world (called cosm) and invade it by converting the world to their reality and gaining vast amounts of power in the process.

With the eventual goal of becoming the "TORG" (which is a funny word for godlike being)

The basic setting in this case is that Earth has been invaded by several other cosms, each with it's own "genre" (horror, sci-fi, lost worlds, fantasy, etc) And the players goal is to defend the world from these invaders and their minions.

Wow.. that sounds a bit different than anything I have ever read about. Sounds very intriguing though. So to save Earth, your campaign will need to change genres every few months(years) or so until all the cosms are defeated?

image002.gifLancer

Well you can adventure in one cosm/genre if you want.

The metaplot is to save earth... if that happens or not is up to the individual game master.

WEG did run a "metacampaign" for it, where players could subscribe to the "Infiniverse" minimagazine... one of the perks was being able to give input on the game/tell them how your adventures were going... or something like that.

And then the campaign as a whole (meaning according to WEG and future releases) was based on that player input.

Awesome concept. :mellow:

I went on a posting spree after the boards got deleted, I guess I was trying to stimulate growth... I slacked off when I wasn't bored with real life like I am now...

still in detox mode from beating all those games?

I tried playing daggerfall... that was a lesson in frustration...

Now I'm back to not wanting to play anything.

I tried playing daggerfall... that was a lesson in frustration...

Now I'm back to not wanting to play anything.

Go get out then or at the very least annoy a sibling or spouse or whatever.

If I didn't live in a place that despises baseball, I'd be doing that.

image002.gifLancer