Help me decide which game to play

Setzer

So other than using Tutu mod to use BG2 graphics with BG1 are there any other mods you all recommend?

As for NWN do any of you know if NWN 2 will be a continuing story or has that not yet been revealed?

If you haven't played Kotor 2 then why are you posting here? or are you a Black Isle Fan.... I'll stop that line of thinking for now.

I would suggest LOTR the third age, It's actually quite fun and fairly easy on a playthrough. A lot of customization too. Otherwise with KOTOR 2 wait for the RP, and give Baldurs Gate 2 a try.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

NWN's official campaign = avoid.

So once you get past the game's OC the game gets better? I heard the story got better in the expansions? My main gripe with NWN was the graphics. Every building I walked into looked practically the same. Their was a lack of creativity with the game's setting. It was a let down because the BG series in 2D looked alot better than NWN did. I enjoyed the gameplay and the story was 'ok' or at least up to the point where I stopped playing.

The OC isn't that bad. (Alright, the ending third of SoU is pretty meh, but the HotU third expansion is not terrible.) The main complaint is the munkinism; there are ludicrous magic items in the epic levels, like Bastard Sword of Global Thermo-Nuclear Warfare +36 to hit / +40 dmg / Critical Range 2-20 (okay, I'm exaggerating a little).

The main thing to remember is that the community modules are even better than the OC. Rick Burton has already been given a job at Bioware, based on his terrific work (look for it at the Hall of Fame: there are some cracking mods here.

The Community have put together a bunch of common items (like new weapons, e.g. all the Japanese martial types, extra scenery tiles, and even monsters).

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

...the original BG still holds a fond place in me heart as one of the greatest cRPGs e'er made...IWD II was a good game, if not in the league of its predecessor...the NWN OC sucked...after reinstalling PS:T, I'd give 'em all a go (yes, e'en NWN...you may like it, or at least a few o' its expansions/mods), you never know what'll strike yer fancy... :)

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

Which is probably why you should save it for last.

It's like a rock concert...no one's gonna stick around for the new, upstart band if the main band plays first >_<

I always save the best for last. If I play the good one first, the bad ones will seem doubly bad!

If you haven't played Kotor 2 then why are you posting here? or are you a Black Isle Fan.... I'll stop that line of thinking for now.

I would suggest LOTR the third age, It's actually quite fun and fairly easy on a playthrough. A lot of customization too. Otherwise with KOTOR 2 wait for the RP, and give Baldurs Gate 2 a try.

If you had read through this thread then you would know why I haven't played it yet. >_<

The biggest "flaw" with Fallout IMO, is it's lack of narrative. It's mostly just a wander around type game.

Fortunately, given the specifics of the game, it's a game design that supports the lack of narrative. I have no problems with the random exploring in Fallout, since as a newb just leaving your Vault, you really have no reason to do anything BUT randomly explore >_<

Fallout for teh win!

I don't know how possible that is though.

Fallout's gamestyle better suits game with less narrative.

One thing I hate about games like Baldur's Gate is that a lot of the extra exploring has no relevancy to the plot. Sure the mines of Nashkel are all buggered up, but I think I'll go kill a few weeks wandering this forest area first.

In my opinion, there's no motivation for the PC to do that random adventuring, but in Fallout there is.

Even in Baldur's Gate 2 they provided ample reason, since one of the tasks is you collecting a farkload of money, so you have to do some random questing to make up that bling.