Where to get Music from the game?

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone can tell me where to get the music of KOTOR 1&2, the one that plays in backround. More precisely I'm searching for (.mp3):

in Kotor2: Dantooine ruins

in Kotor1: I dont know the title, but it is the very military march-like music that plays when there are big battles, like in the end or on the endar spire.

TIA

In the KotOR folders go to the StreamMusic folder to find the music MP3's. These will not play in Windows Media Player but they will play in WinAmp and Media Player Classic (probably more but I know it works on these).

I think the K2 Ruins track is "The Jedi Theme" and the K1 track is "The Sith Theme". Obviously the filenames aren't exactly that but should have words like Sith, Jedi and abbreviations and stuff in the filename.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

As said, you can play them with WinAmp, BUT...

Unlike the above poster states the files are not MP3 and unless you want to loose your hearing it would be advised to copy all Mus_ files to some other folder and and rename the copies from *.wav to *.mp3

This are the files you specifically ask for

Kotor2 Dantooine Ruins = mus a 650

Kotor1 Fighting music = most likely you mean Mus theme Sith (Endar Spires Music)

Or (since you mention the end) Mus Bat Malak (Final Fight Music)

Edited by Battlewookiee

http://www.griskey.com/

K2 composers page. Some real quality stuff.

Now playing: Kotor March(End Credits) :thumbsup:

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

EMule... :thumbsup:

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

But it does have a much better sound quality than the game's...

...ragardless of what you say about the quality from Grisky's site it is much, much better than the game. :shifty:

@SniperRu: You can download Miles Sound Tools (http://www.radgametools.com/mssdown.htm) and you can listen to the game tracks without having to rename anything. The player also has reverb and stereo effects built in so it actually makes the music sound better anyway. :)

I think the K2 music you're looking for is also found under the name mus_jedi.wav - but I would seriously recommend getting that one from the site Musopticon? linked to. :thumbsup:

But it does have a much better sound quality than the game's...

Indeed it has

...ragardless of what you say about the quality from Grisky's site it is much, much better than the game. :lol:

Ehm, yeah, that's what I said, so Regardless??? :lol:

@SniperRu: You can download Miles Sound Tools (http://www.radgametools.com/mssdown.htm) and you can listen to the game tracks without having to rename anything.

The worst of this one is that you can only listen to 1 at a time. I used both, but prefer Winamp as you can just select all of them and then listen to all of them (Always shuffle) behind each other, without reloading after every song ends...

The player also has reverb and stereo effects built in so it actually makes the music sound better anyway. :-

Don't notice any difference...

I think the K2 music you're looking for is also found under the name mus_jedi.wav

Mus a 650? Indeed it is the same as that one...

but I would seriously recommend getting that one from the site Musopticon? linked to. :-

Agreed...

...ragardless of what you say about the quality from Grisky's site it is much, much better than the game. :p

Ehm, yeah, that's what I said, so Regardless???  o:)

Oh I ment in general. Regardless what anyone says about Grisky's site.

@SniperRu: You can download Miles Sound Tools (http://www.radgametools.com/mssdown.htm) and you can listen to the game tracks without having to rename anything.

The worst of this one is that you can only listen to 1 at a time. I used both, but prefer Winamp as you can just select all of them and then listen to all of them (Always shuffle) behind each other, without reloading after every song ends...

That is true, and I find equally bad that is there is no pause button and you are forced to have it on repeat (or if otherwise, I haven't found out about it yet). But still, it's good for a quick listen.

The player also has reverb and stereo effects built in so it actually makes the music sound better anyway. :)

Don't notice any difference...

I did - well the stereo for sure - and certainly more evident on the KOTOR 1 tracks.

...Well for me anyway. :p

I did - well the stereo for sure - and certainly more evident on the KOTOR 1 tracks.

...Well for me anyway. o:)

Yes, you will notice a large quality boost in KOTOR1's songs, since KOTOR1's are originally already Stereo, and higher quality

Also with Winamp you will notice that it plays KOTOR1's in stereo (since it is Stereo music), and plays KOTOR2's with Mono, since it is mono music, it won't try to force it Stereo, as it will have no effect, since it ain't included in the file to support it...

Okay, I have a question about music from the game.

I've found the streammusic files, and I want to play them in my iTunes.

Does anyone know a way to convert the files to mp3 format, because they won't play, (as you've problably guessed).

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Sorry for reviving old topic.

The original ones converted to *.mp3 files do work in WinAmp...

Don't know about iTunes

And then you can always do the complicated way of using MILES to change Kotor2's to *.wav and then find a program that turns *.wav into *.mp3

(Suggestion once again: Wait for the patch before trying all this, or you can try it Again then)