Best FPS

In terms of pure action, I'd go with HL2. That, and all its mods give it mega-longevity, whether it be pure visceral mayhem via HL2DM (gravgun + mp = win) or coordinated tactical teamwork via CSS (it *really* depends on the server, though once you find a good tactical server where teams cooperate and coordinate their plan via mics = win), and all the upcoming mods. I can't wait for the upcoming DOD:S, either.

In terms of memorable campaign, though, Call of Duty. Some pretty defining gaming moments in that one. I won't forget the time where the assault on Red Square begins and a beautiful orchestral score picks up as legions of your comrades charge desperately at the enemy machinegun fire. It was just.... beautiful *sniff*

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

I remember the first time I caught a filing cabinet fired at me with my grav gun, and fired it back and killed my attacker. Gold!

And I got chills just REMEMBERING that scene in Call of Duty with Red Square.

It was cool, because you had overrun the German positions, and you were only bumping into some token resistance before continuing your push. Then the guy gets up there with the flag......<shiver>

Deus EX

HL2 I guess

I actually really had fun playing Republic Commado

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

And I got chills just REMEMBERING that scene in Call of Duty with Red Square.

It was cool, because you had overrun the German positions, and you were only bumping into some token resistance before continuing your push.  Then the guy gets up there with the flag......<shiver>

DEFINING GAMING MOMENT

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Oh ya, Ghost Recon

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

One of the jokes that humans say in WoW if you type in "/silly" is great.

It's a bit paraphrased, but it goes something like this:

So I have this great idea for a movie. 

It would be about a couple of gnomes that come into possession of a Bracelet of Power.  They travel across the country-side being chased by the Bracelet Boogiemen!  The bracelet would also be the obsession of the deranged Murloc [an annoying creature in WoW] named Gottum. 

The gnomes would get together with some powerful people and form The Brotherhood of the Bracelet.

It would then expand into a sequel with the second one being A couple of Towers, and would culminate in an epic climax in the final chapter called Hey!  The King is Back

Well, if we want to toss in some retro nostalgia, we might as well toss Doom and Duke3D into the mix as well :D

I hated Doom. It was very boring, after the intial "wow! Look at the Hi-Res! [9x9 grid]".

Quake2, OTOH, was much more fun. And Duke Nuk'em 3D was awesome. "Who wants some?" "Come get some!" !

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT