Obsidian Forum Diplomacy Game 2 (OBS-2)

The first post has the details.

As well as EVERY email I send out as the GM.

Please remember to engage brain before fingers.

Thank-you for your assistance. :huh:

Eek, that post was a bit stupid wasn't it? :"> After the shock wore off, I considered deleting that post, but it was late and I was tired. Oh well. My apologies.

Besides, I really had no plans, as I was still trying to decide what course of action would allow me to live an extra turn. But I've been screwed from the beginning, haven't I?

So... wanna start betting on how long it takes to finish me? :D

sig2.gif

Thank-you for your assistance. :huh:

Eek, that post was a bit stupid wasn't it? :"> After the shock wore off, I considered deleting that post, but it was late and I was tired. Oh well. My apologies.

Besides, I really had no plans, as I was still trying to decide what course of action would allow me to live an extra turn. But I've been screwed from the beginning, haven't I?

I've got $50 on you going out next year. :huh:

You weren't screwed from the beginning. You were screwed from the moment that Reveilled missed his turn and thus missed supporting you into Rumania. :huh:"

Thank-you for your assistance. :)

I've got $50 on you going out next year. :p

You weren't screwed from the beginning. You were screwed from the moment that Reveilled missed his turn and thus missed supporting you into Rumania. :-"

Eh? :huh: I don't remember that ever happening. I remember NMRing and losing Galicia to Russia, and I remember supporting Russia into Rumania when there was no move to Rumania to support. I think I remember that happening twice. Buuut...I don't remember missing a turn before Darkside decided to attack me. :ermm:

She was screwed when she decided it was preferable to give Turkey the neutral centres and sacrifice her builds than to get Rumainia and all three Turkish home centres. :-"

So how's that alliance working out for ya, Darkside? :-" :p

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Thank-you for your assistance. :)

I've got $50 on you going out next year. :p

You weren't screwed from the beginning. You were screwed from the moment that Reveilled missed his turn and thus missed supporting you into Rumania. :-"

Eh? :huh: I don't remember that ever happening. I remember NMRing and losing Galicia to Russia, and I remember supporting Russia into Rumania when there was no move to Rumania to support. I think I remember that happening twice. Buuut...I don't remember missing a turn before Darkside decided to attack me. :ermm:

She was screwed when she decided it was preferable to give Turkey the neutral centres and sacrifice her builds than to get Rumainia and all three Turkish home centres. :-"

So how's that alliance working out for ya, Darkside? :-" :)

Oh. I remember that one of you two had NMR'd when the other was supporting you on that turn thereby making the support fail.

Yeah, the giving up all the neutral supply centres was a bad idea. :p"

So how's that alliance working out for ya, Darkside?  :ermm::huh:

Alright, no "I told you so"s. You were setting me up too. And no Ender didn't tell me that, it was basic logic. I'm the noob. Noobs don't last very long.

It was a brilliant plan though. The only flaw was admitting that you and Deraldin had an alliance. From there, you requesting assistance in the south and Germany urging me north was only too obvious: it would have left the border I share with both of you open, then all you had to do was sweep in and destroy me from the inside out. By the time Ender tipped his hand, it was simply too late. All I could do was ride it out.

^ Well Meta, there's my monologue for your summary thingy. :D

sig2.gif

So how's that alliance working out for ya, Darkside?  :ermm::-

Alright, no "I told you so"s. You were setting me up too. And no Ender didn't tell me that, it was basic logic. I'm the noob. Noobs don't last very long.

It was a brilliant plan though. The only flaw was admitting that you and Deraldin had an alliance. From there, you requesting assistance in the south and Germany urging me north was only too obvious: it would have left the border I share with both of you open, then all you had to do was sweep in and destroy me from the inside out. By the time Ender tipped his hand, it was simply too late. All I could do was ride it out.

Actually I was just trying to get you to help me smack England around a bit but that didn't work too well once I had Sweden as that put me between the two of you and "I told you so's" are so much fun! :huh:"

Hindsight doesn't do much good anyway.

In the meantime, I'm not known for surrender. You won't take Moscow until you've slaughtered every last Rusian soldier!

...or taken all their vodka, at which point they'd probably defect.

sig2.gif

Hindsight doesn't do much good anyway.

In the meantime, I'm not known for surrender.  You won't take Moscow until you've slaughtered every last Rusian soldier!

...or taken all their vodka, at which point they'd probably defect.

How long you survive depends on how soon Ender decides to take sevastopol. :ermm:"

I'm the noob.  Noobs don't last very long.
That seems to be my situation in OBS-03. <_<

Sucks, doesn't it? <_<

This is my first game of Diplomacy ever. :)"

So how's that alliance working out for ya, Darkside?  :ermm::)

Actually, by the time it got to the turn before you turned on me, I fully intended to honour my alliance with you over Germany. Keeping that unit in the centre of Russia scarpered my plans of an attack against you in the early stages, so I was willing to maintain our alliance at least until we'd dealt with Italy and Turkey.

Yeah, I was setting you up, but I was going to wait until there was just two or three of us left. I was looking at it from the other angle, that the "noob" would be easier to control, and a good ally I could wait until the end to stab. Looks like I paid the price for that error! :)"

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

So how's that alliance working out for ya, Darkside?  :ermm::)

Actually, by the time it got to the turn before you turned on me, I fully intended to honour my alliance with you over Germany. Keeping that unit in the centre of Russia scarpered my plans of an attack against you in the early stages, so I was willing to maintain our alliance at least until we'd dealt with Italy and Turkey.

Yeah, I was setting you up, but I was going to wait until there was just two or three of us left. I was looking at it from the other angle, that the "noob" would be easier to control, and a good ally I could wait until the end to stab. Looks like I paid the price for that error! :)"

*sniff* You were going to stab me and ally with Russia? :'(

How could you Reveilled? I trusted you and this is how you repay me? :'(

Ach, cheer up. It's not like I actually betrayed you. :ermm: And besides, at the time I was considering it, it looked like you were going to finish up in the north far quicker than I had expected, so I was worried you would coast to an easy win. Besides, with an army in every Austrian home centre, I would say that I paid my price for that stillborn Russian alliance in blood. Once the Emperor of Austria-Hungary, Now I am naught but the King of Serboslovakia. :'(

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Guys, there is an alternative way of looking at the game, y'know. Just because you cannot win from a given position, doesn't mean you are down-and-out.

You can have a large effect on the game: diplomacy isn't over until the large soprano lets out her triumphant screech.

If anything, you can be even more demanding, as you can play one against the other.

Look at Reveilled: I bet everyone thought he was dead this round. There is a bit of luck in the game, and a lot of skill and even more deal-making, to tip the luck in your favour.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Ach, cheer up. It's not like I actually betrayed you. :) And besides, at the time I was considering it, it looked like you were going to finish up in the north far quicker than I had expected, so I was worried you would coast to an easy win. Besides, with an army in every Austrian home centre, I would say that I paid my price for that stillborn Russian alliance in blood. Once the Emperor of Austria-Hungary, Now I am naught but the King of Serboslovakia. :'(

Heh, they always fall for the crying emoticon...

What made you think I was going to finish up north so quickly? :ermm:

Ach, cheer up. It's not like I actually betrayed you. :- And besides, at the time I was considering it, it looked like you were going to finish up in the north far quicker than I had expected, so I was worried you would coast to an easy win. Besides, with an army in every Austrian home centre, I would say that I paid my price for that stillborn Russian alliance in blood. Once the Emperor of Austria-Hungary, Now I am naught but the King of Serboslovakia. :'(

Heh, they always fall for the crying emoticon...

What made you think I was going to finish up north so quickly? :)

I can't really remember. It might have been about the time when France was NMRing and you and England seemed to be cooperating fairly well. I think I figured if that continued then I might well find myself with my back to an Anglo-German alliance before I could finish up an attack on Russia, and started to wonder if I might be better off sticking with my Russian alliance, at the very least until Turkey and Italy were finished, at which point I could take stock of the situation and decide who I should keep my alliance with at that time.

Of course, it quickly emerged after that that I had been stabbed and you and England weren't so close after all, so that all quickly put paid to that idea.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

I can't really remember.  It might have been about the time when France was NMRing and you and England seemed to be cooperating fairly well.  I think I figured if that continued then I might well find myself with my back to an Anglo-German alliance before I could finish up an attack on Russia, and started to wonder if I might be better off sticking with my Russian alliance, at the very least until Turkey and Italy were finished, at which point I could take stock of the situation and decide who I should keep my alliance with at that time.

Of course, it quickly emerged after that that I had been stabbed and you and England weren't so close after all, so that all quickly put paid to that idea.

Didn't quite work out the way you thought it would did it? I actually got a message that England was about to stab me and I decided to stab him first. Don't know if it was true or not because that was the first time that he NMR'd so he hasn't moved since then. :)

Look at Reveilled: I bet everyone thought he was dead this round. There is a bit of luck in the game, and a lot of skill and even more deal-making, to tip the luck in your favour.

Just you wait. I'll win this game yet! :-

I'm soo sure. :(