Obsidian Forum Diplomacy Game 2 (OBS-2)

I know it doesn't make any difference to the actual results, but my order A Ser S A Tri actually falls under rule 8, and is legal, rather than being illegal under rule 9.  A Tri was ordered to support, not ordered to move, so it can be supported by a unit that only mentions its province.  This is stated more explicitly on page 7, under the first bulletpoint of "Supporting a Unit": "A unit that is ordered to hold, convoy, support, or not ordered at all can recieve support in holding its position".

Aaarrggh! :(

I actually initially thought that was true, and I had that in the first version! :)

It does make a difference. I have re-calculated and updated the map and order status for 1903 Spring. I have also included the rules for easy checking, so that we all know why the results are so (and if I have made any other mistakes, please let me know asap).

Apologies once again for the inconvenience, team. :">

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Question for those more knowledgeable. If a unit attacks another unit without support it cuts support given by the unit that was attacked. What happens then if the attacking unit is attacked by a third party? Obviously if the unit is attacked by multiple units, it is dislodged, but in the case of only a single unit attacking what happens then?

In summary:

Unit A supports Unit B.

Unit C attacks Unit A intending to cut support.

Unit D attacks Unit C.

I couldn't find anything in the rules that covered this specific example.

Question for those more knowledgeable. If a unit attacks another unit without support it cuts support given by the unit that was attacked. What happens then if the attacking unit is attacked by a third party? Obviously if the unit is attacked by multiple units, it is dislodged, but in the case of only a single unit attacking what happens then?

In summary:

Unit A supports Unit B.

Unit D attacks Unit C.

Then Unit A's support is cut, and units A, C, and D hold in their positions.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

In summary:

Unit A supports Unit B.

Unit D attacks Unit C.

Then Unit A's support is cut, and units A, C, and D hold in their positions.

True (AFAIK :luck:"). And if there was:

Unit E supporting Unit D attack on Unit C,

then Unit C would be defeated (retreat if available), but its attack on A still stands, even though it is dislodged / disbanded (Rule 15).

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Um..Mets? My "former" unit in Venice should still be in Venice. :D

If a nation A's unit fails to move into and adjacent province due to the fact another nation B moved into said province do to his superior support, nation A's unit is NOT destroyed, correct? I'm under the impression that it merely stays put in it's original province.

Am I right to believe that the only way a nation's unit can be destroyed is if the province it's CURRENTLY occupying is taken by an opponent and it has no possible/listed escape routes?

Perhaps you can clarify the the supposition using real examples like you always do. :()

-Jag.

--

No, that's okay, you're absolutely correct. Units are only destroyed if they don't retreat from a province (either because no retreats are listed or none are possible) they were dislodged from, and they can only be dislodged if the province they begin the turn in is occupied, and they have not moved out of said province (either because a move order failed or another kind of order was given).

-Reveilled.

manthing2.jpg

I swear that army was there earlier Jags. Wonder why it was removed. :(

German Emperor Outraged Over Recent Russian Occupation of Austria Territory.

People gathered in the streets today to protest the occupation of allied Austrian territories by the brutish Russian invaders who earlier this week managed to overcome the fiercesome Austrian defenders when the Italians delayed support from Vienna and the Turkish joined the Russians in thier push south. The Austrian defences were overwelmed by the sheer number of enemy troops that were sent against them and in the end the entire division was brutally slaughtered in defense of their homeland.

The German people urged their leader to take action against this atrocity and come to the aid of their allies. In a statement made earlier today the Emperor had this to say about the current situation.

"It is clear to me that the eastern nations are bent on the complete destruction of the Austrian peoples and their way of life. We have already taken steps to help combat our allies, but alas our troops were to late coming to the aid of the Austrians in the south. In the north we have our fleets moving towards the Russian homeland as we speek in a desparate counterattack in order to relieve some of the pressure that our allies face in the south. We will not let the grave insult go unpunished by the cowardly Russians.

I have just had word from Aishur, he has been in isolation with a nasty virus (and a bad reaction to his medication as well), so he has obviously not been able to get to a computer.

I will immediately take him out of Civil Disorder.

I don't think it is fair to do more than that (unless you guys want to roll back a turn ...).

I may push the deadline for this turn back, as well, to give him time to get back on his feet, pending consultation.

PS I have corrected the Venice Armies mysterious disapearance ... looks like they went for a quick drink and now they're back ...! :ermm:

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Right. Problems:

1. Only three people have submitted moves this turn (1903 Autumn).

2. Aishur is either too unwell or too obstreperous to play, so England is either out of the game or needs a replacement.

Suggestions? Keep playing?

Also, I will extend the deadline for 24hrs, initially, so please get any outstanding orders in.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Right. Problems:

1. Only three people have submitted moves this turn (1903 Autumn).

2. Aishur is either too unwell or too obstreperous to play, so England is either out of the game or needs a replacement.

Suggestions? Keep playing?

Also, I will extend the deadline for 24hrs, initially, so please get any outstanding orders in.

End it now while I'm in the lead! :thumbsup:"

I'd love to keep playing if we can get people to start participating a little more. A replacement for Aishur would help this a little.

This is quite a pickle.

I would suggest that the turn be adjudicated in 24 hours regardless of how many sets of orders there are, and that if the other players do not submit on a second subsequent turn, that we find replacements for those players, or take a vote on declaring the game abandoned if we are short of four or more players.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!