Obsidian Forum Diplomacy Game 2 (OBS-2)

I must say that overall I am quite disappointed in a game where players never once respond to messages, and then don't turn in moves.

I agree. It's not like it really takes all that long to come up with at least on possible set of moves ahead of time. I realize that I am guilty of not doing this however it is difficult to work these things out when no one responds.

Had I recieved some messages containing at least a yes or a no, that would have been infinitly more than what I had got and much more useful than dead silence from all involved. In some cases even when pressed to answer, you don't get one, although that might be on purpose, because of one too many PM's/e-mails/IM's... :ermm:

I'm looking at you Russia...

Why is it that everytime I try to do something a day before the deadline it get's completely missed by everyone... >_<

Even though I seemingly profited from you not submitting moves, I'd rather be stymied then feel the cheap victory of gaining through another's inactivity.

I guess that is why I pushed for a reset in the very beginning.

I find little joy in a game that is being half-played.

Even though I seemingly profited from you not submitting moves, I'd rather be stymied then feel the cheap victory of gaining through another's inactivity.

Me either. :blink:

But trying to find time for three games is getting a lot harder for me, and sending in orders slipped my mind this week. All I can do is apologise for that, since I can't change what's happened.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

I love GMail. I have all of my Diplomacy emails tagged, and I can pull of them up. They are sorted by game, and I can easily look when the last turn was.

I also have a rule of trying to submit moves as soon as the turn starts, even if they are tenative.

As I said in the other thread, Game 1 is nearing an end, so that will help.

Now you understand why I prefered a reset from the beggining - the game is made for fun for all parties involved. :cool:

However, when people miss turns, not only is is unfortunate for themselves - but it also detracts from the overall quality of the game. o:)

Naturally I'm not berating you for you absence; I'm merely letting you know how it feels from the perspective of those who were denied the opeing turn.

manthing2.jpg

Now you understand why I prefered a reset from the beggining - the game is made for fun for all parties involved. :cool:

However, when people miss turns, not only is is unfortunate for themselves - but it also detracts from the overall quality of the game. o:)

Naturally I'm not berating you for you absence; I'm merely letting you know how it feels from the perspective of those who were denied the opeing turn.

I always understood why you preferred a reset from the beginning. I preferred it for the same reasons. But someone didn't, and I am still of the opinion that agreement to restart should have been unanimous.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Please remember to include the code for this game in the subject line, as I have now got FOUR games going simultaneously!

It might also help if you always put your country and the date of the turn, too.

SO, for example:

Subject: OBS-2 - GERMANY - 1903 S

This will make it a lot easier for me to keep all the orders together.

Thank you for your assistance.

:p

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Aishur seems to be AWOL.

I have extended the deadline for everyone until midnight (UTC) tonight whilst I try to contact Aishur.

Feel free to resubmit orders, if you want, but please put all the relevant references in (as I noted above) because I have four games going simultaneously, and you aren't doing me any favours if you send in somrhting that just says "Moves". :)

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Don't change the subject Mr. Deral "moves" Din.

I don't know what your talking about. All my moves have been submitted with "OBS-2 Diplomacy Germany [year/season] [moves/builds]" as the subject line. Easy to distinguish from all the other games he's in. :-"

I could forward you the e-mail if you want... :-

Aishur still has not responded. I shall have to carry on without him, but I might consider a good excuse (like he has been in hospital or something).

Unless that happens soon, then I guess we carry on. If he has been in hospital, then this game is not really going to matter too much, anyway, in comparison. :(

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

The email I received says Germany submitted the following move:

F Swe-GOB

No one else moved there, so I don't know why that failed.  In that case, the fleet should move, and Russia should have successfully moved into Sweden.

Yeah, I kinda got muddled there and thought that a move into the territory would negate that territory's unit moving out.

I have corrected it in the first post, and I shall mail the result asap.

There was also a correction with one of Austria's moves, too, which resulted in a change for that region. (I have noted the correlated rules next to the orders, for clarity.)

Apologies for the inconvenience.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I know it doesn't make any difference to the actual results, but my order A Ser S A Tri actually falls under rule 8, and is legal, rather than being illegal under rule 9. A Tri was ordered to support, not ordered to move, so it can be supported by a unit that only mentions its province. This is stated more explicitly on page 7, under the first bulletpoint of "Supporting a Unit": "A unit that is ordered to hold, convoy, support, or not ordered at all can recieve support in holding its position".

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!