Obsidian Forum Diplomacy Game 2 (OBS-2)

Fellas, fellas, lets just stop fighting, what do you say?

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

As Natwark didn't appear for two turns in a row

And for the last blessed time, it's Nartwak, not Natwark! ^_^

:unsure:

Who keeps editing my posts?

From now on, the Poster formerly known as Nartwak will be known as:

aakNrtw (which is the alphabetised version of his name).

8)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Winter of 1901 sees an ominous build up of troops in the peaceful European states:

Builds:

TURKEY 4 = Build 1

ITALY 3 = Same

AUSTRIA 5 = Build 2

FRANCE 3 = Same

ENGLAND 5 = Build 2

GERMANY = 5 = Build 2

RUSSIA = 4 = Same

See the first post for the map.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

German troops spotted in Sweden!

Dispite accusations to the contrary, German troops are not invading Sweden. They were invited by the ruler of Sweden to participate in a military exercise. When asked for comment Emperor Deraldin laughed and nonchalantly replied to this reporter saying, "There is nothing to worry about. King Oscar saw the industrious german troops on a training exercises on his recent visit and asked if I wouldn't mind sending some troops over to help show his own military how a real military operates in this time of transition for the Swedish military. That's all there is too it really."

Moscow Post

German-Russian Relations in Danger

The recent German invasion of Sweden has caused much unrest throughout Europe. Having originally promised dominion over the Swedish lands to the Russian government, this move is being considered by the Empress "insulting and unforgivable". Also included in her statement was the following quote: "The betrayal itself could have perhaps been sorted out, but this nonsense about 'training excersises' is an outright mockery of my intelligence- I mean Russia. I swear to avenge mysel - loyal people even if it costs thousands of innocent lives... because it's the right thing to do!"

sig2.gif

German Emperor Disgusted with Russian Response to Situation in Sweden.

In a private meeting today between Emperor Deraldin and his diplomatic advisors, the Empereor expressed his outrage over the Sweden incident. While the Emperor was not available for comment it has been discovered that this reaction was a result of Empress Darkside's slanderous comments about a German betrayal of the Russian peoples. Sources have indicated that there was some discussion between the two countries over what was to become of Sweden in the event that the two countries should look to expand their borders although no official stance was declared by the German Government.

It seems then that the Empress Darkside has sworn vengeance for a betrayal that never occured due to the lack of a formal agreement between the two countries.

Less than one day to go: 21 hours! (And still, the overwelming majority of you have not posted even tentative orders ... you do know that there is no penalty for changing orders, don't you? :))

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Mets: Could you be kind enough to update the exact positions of infantry and navy in the first post?  :)

You mean after the deadline? Of course. (It is currently up to date, as we approach Spring 1902 ...)

Excellent.

But could we by any chance also get it in list format as well? That way we can easily differentiate betwen armies and fleets at a glance. Sort of like how Reveilled does it:

e.g. Positions:

England

F Lon

etc, etc.

Oh, and while your at it friend, a first-post update of the last orders would be great as well - you know, for spectators.

And now that we mention them, how about a table? :)

manthing2.jpg

Agenzia Giornalistica Italia, Gennaio 12, 1902

Lord Jaguar appoints successor

by Luigi the Chef

luigi.jpg

Our beloved Lord Jaguar has appointed Grand Inquisitor Nartwak to be his successor. "With the new drug operation my good friend Kaftan Barlast has set up for us from Argentina, I really don't need to bother with daily nitty-gritties of war-mongering," mused Lord Jaguar. "I say it's time to kick back, enjoy the pizza, and cruise around in my Bugatti killing random people in drive-by's."

The former General Nartwak rose to fame by commandeering the legendary Operation German Shepherd - which forced former Kaiser Kaftan to flee to Argentina whilst defrauding the Swiss gold reserves on the way. Many a conspirisy theorist however conclude that this was in fact and elaborate ruse, as Kaftan Barlast and Jaguar co-found the Playboy

manthing2.jpg

English Outrage At German Aggression. Vows Solidarity with France

The Times, Mar 1902

Disappointment and outrage summed up the feelings in the House of Commons today as news of a second (and successful) German invasion of France reached these shores.

Whereas the Liberals and Laborites continued their hapless plead for calm and world peace, the bullish Tories have revealed that the government has been in contact with the French for quite some time now and the latest deployment of BEF A and BEF B to the continent, as well as the presence of the Blue Squadron in the English Channel are some measures carried out by the government in consultation with the French.

"Blast those damn Huns," Screamed Aishur Aishur, Tory MP for Nowhereshire (pop: 45) and one of the most vocal supporter of the government's policy "Now a good bottle of Beaujolais is going to skyrocket! How am I going to pay for my daughter's wedding luncheon? This crime will not go unpunished!"