Obsidian Forum Diplomacy Game 2 (OBS-2)

Yeah, go ahead and try to take it, I dare you!

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Yes I also wanted to hold but forgot to tell you before the deadline lol.  I was here this week but I wont be here for the next 2 but I will still post my moves I just forgot to post my holds this round.

Make sure you do!

Anarchy is not a good state for your armies ... :huh:

(Two NMRs in a row = Anarchy = a Bad Thing.)

You have to go in and get it.

Armies don't just teleport around in WW1! :blink:

But he said I could have it! He said it was mine! :p

I am sure that, should your armies be in the neighbourhood, pixies would be obliged to let them into Paris. :lol:" :blink:

Edit: 10 days and counting since Nartwak last signed on ... :lol:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Edit: 10 days and counting since Nartwak last signed on ... :ermm:

Who's Nartwak again? Italy? :huh:

My next victim, thats who.

Yes, it's Italy...

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Moscow Post

July 23, 1901

Tensions Rise Across Europe, War Imminent

With armies being mobilized all across Europe, it seems world leaders' worst fears have come to pass. Despite attempts on the Empress's part to neutralize the situation, it is beginning to look as though war is unavoidable. When asked to comment on these troubling developments the Empress gave the following statement: "I would like to apologize to the Russian people for my failure. Despite my best efforts to avoid war, it appears I have led the people straight into it. Rest assured, alliances have been struck, plans have been made, and every precaution has been taken to ensure the safety of the people." Requests for her to elaborate on these "alliances" have been denied.

EDIT: Woohoo! Lvl 3!

Edited by Darkside
sig2.gif

World News

July 23, 2101

France destroys all oposition...

...Is what the headlines would say if France had taken action in response to the termoil in Europe. With the unfortunate time machine mishap, the new French Third Republic is picking up where the late French Republic left off, dead. Our French government has recieved a lot of dissaproving stares, and angry letter for their lack of action, but Lou Gutman, head of our French government operation, told time traveling reports that he has everything under controll. He them proceeded to roundhouse kick the Emporer of Austria during a meeting of the seven countries on the verge of war.

Lou Gutman also assures us he is not planning to use any of our new technology in the war. "Especially not an army of robot ninja's..." Say's Gutman. The World Government says they have complete faith in Gutman and his team, and will be rooting for him all the way.

In other news, several hovertruck loads of Robot Ninja's were stolen from a NewTech warehouse. Officials say they will begin an investigation at once. Officers have no leads as of now, but say they suspect a terrorist group of Monkey Pirates.

My mom passed away last night and I decided to quit gaming because believe it or not, my mom inspired me to start in the first place. Im only 15 years old and I have school coming up in the next few weeks and I think it is best if someone takes my place in Diplomacy. Sorry for the setbacks but this event totally stopped my desire to game. This combined with my limited knowledge of Diplomacy makes a substitute the only choice I have left. I also wont be on any forums so dont expect me to be on anytime soon.

That's very terrible news. I'm sure everyone on the forums would want to offer their condolences.

Take care of yourself and your family in the coming weeks and months. Hope to see you back sometime in the future.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I can offer to step in and take his place.

Yeah, but you're already part of my French Third Council.

My mom passed away last night and I decided to quit gaming because believe it or not, my mom inspired me to start in the first place.  Im only 15 years old and I have school coming up in the next few weeks and I think it is best if someone takes my place in Diplomacy. Sorry for the setbacks but this event totally stopped my desire to game. This combined with my limited knowledge of Diplomacy makes a substitute the only choice I have left. I also wont be on any forums so dont expect me to be on anytime soon.

:blink:

I am sory for your loss.

:(

I hope that you don't give up gaming forever, if it really was your mother who inspired you, then I would think she would be pleased to know that you kept on.

(Don't worry about the game.)

My earnest condolences. :-

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I can offer to step in and take his place.

Also: I can fill in for Nartwak until his AWOL status is resolved.

You woudn't happen to know where he disapeared to, would you? :blink: I'm starting to worry; it's been nearly two weeks since he posted ... :-

I see no problem with you two filling in. :)

I think more people makes for a more interesting game. Also, the established players have all gained a free round (Spring 1901), and that makes me think the game is still balanced.

Ender, if you would take up the mantle of Turkey in the absence of JediConsular7, please; Autumn 1901 is due to be submitted @ noon (GST) on Wednesday, and Winter instructions on Frday.

Jags, if you can start to play as if you were Nartwak (some good role-playing practice for you :(), then hopefully he will (literally) come on-line and take over.

From my understandings, neither has conducted much (any!) diplomacy in the game so far, so you have a free hand.

Don't forget to add some official "white" press to the thread to explain all this.

(Any "grey" press you may send to me for publication, and even have someone not playing submit some "black" press to the thread: just please keep it in character.)

I've updated the first page, as usual.

Jeepers, I'm glad I logged on tonight! (I was going to keep on playing System Shock 2; as it is I only stopped for a breather.)

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Team,

the substitutes have unanimously raised the question of a restart.

Ordinarily I would not look favourably on the request, as the game was well advertised and everyone has had the same conditions, but, if Nartwak is ill, then he would have been unfairly disadvantaged.

I am asking you all to let me know if you would like to restart: instead of 1901 Fall orders due @noon on Wed (the day after tomorrow: I still have not had provisional orders from all but two of you! :rolleyes::rolleyes: ) we would begin the game again, with Spring 1901 orders from the new board.

I fully understand the rest of the other players who might think otherwise, however I thought it was worth asking your opinion.

Unless you respond to the contrary, I shall assume that you are all in favour of the idea. You should obviously tell me the contrary before noon on Wednesday! :rolleyes:

What say ye?

M.

GM Obs 2

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

(It is a little unfair on those players who have been religiously keeping to the programme, though. There are a couple of players who have been religious in their adherence to the rules.)

I hope the whole game is not too daunting for the newer players. I think that might have something to do with the lack of vim and vigour.

Feel free to ask any advice from the GM: I will give impartial advice. :blink:

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I feel bad that it will penalize the good players, and delay the game. At the same time, the game should be enjoyable. Right now, three nations didn't move initially, which gives a few other nations a healthy head start on siezing some of the uncontrolled supply centers. The game would become one sided pretty quick. Actual diplomacy wouldn't mean as much as pure attrition and I believe that defeats the true purpose of the game.

And for the record, whether we continue as is or reset to the Spring, Turkey looks forward to establishing diplomatic relations with the other countries in play.

Just one more IMPORTANT NOTE:

EVERYONE please submit CLEAR ADVICE FOR 1901 Fall, in case the game continues from the positions as they are.

(You think you have it tough: I have to unpick the mess that you guys are sending me! :huh:" )

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT