Way just really awesome!

Mordrian

Oh my God, it was so awesome! You know?

We just had on the telly this all out 80's night(well it's till continuing, going for a straight 9 hours! :thumbsup:). They were sending old concerts, interviews with all big stars, and having special documentaries for bands like Depeche mode.

So I just thought I'd ask what you thought about a thing. What really made Depeche mode so successful(talking about the early Depeche mode)? I mean, sure they were good, but I never thought they had that something extra, that some bands had. You know what I mean? Was it that they were really early with that certain sound they had? The synth music that's so well known by now? Or was it something else?

Perhaps it was just that they were good, but I don't think that's what made the breakthrough.

Well, 'Mode does have a rather, let's say, unmainstream fanbase.

To tell you the truth; that sounds just wrong. I'll put it this way; everytime 'Mode comes to Finland the audince is full of trans, gays and just plain wackos. That might have something to do with the breakthrough aspect.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Ahh, yeah I can imagine that. But were they really that unmainstream in the beginning too? I wasn't even born in 81(?) when they released their first album, and am guessing some years just after that they got to the top. What I'm trying to say is, I realise that nowadays they are perhaps not that mainstream, but was it the same in the 80's too? They sure was different, and that prolly made their success. But they were being played in many radiostation, I hardly, or never hear them on radio today. :mellow:

I'd help you more if it weren't for my absence during the eighties. :lol:

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds