What TV Shows Are You Anticipating?

Archmonarch

Lost and Smallville pretty much top my list. It doesn't look like I'm With Busey is coming back. Carnivale was cancelled. And Jags is right, the Simpsons are dying. :shifty:

Actually in Japan there is a remake of the 90 anime series 'the Guyver'. It would be nice if some US station picked it up... :thumbsup:

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Dennis Leary? Ya its great how he totally raped Bill Hicks of his act.

Oh please. In terms of comedic persona, many 'angry ranting' comics that are post-70's could be said to be ripping off Carlin or Pryor. And I'm sure someone somewhere thought that Carlin/Pryor were ripping off earlier comics. Almost every fantasy book alive has ripped off LoTR. There is no such thing as true originality and unconcious 'rip offs' happen all the time - it's human nature to be unconciously influenced by things we've seen/heard/been around while creating.

I know there was the actual joke line by line rip off controversy, but stuff happens, it's never been proven that it was maliciously intentional, and Rescue Me is quite seperate from all of that, anyway, IMO.

It's a good show...I don't know exactly how involved Leary is w/the script writing/producing (despite the credits...) but talentless? I don't think so.

Thats a pretty weak excuse to like Dennis.

And the comedian you're looking for whom everyone "ripped off" is named Lenny Bruce

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

There is no such thing as true originality and unconcious 'rip offs' happen all the time - it's human nature to be unconciously influenced by things we've seen/heard/been around while creating.

That's a mighty strong statement, even for the OE Way Off-Topic forum!

What are you saying, that Shakespeare wasn't original?

I don't think so.

I've told you a million times, don't exaggerate!

Shakespeare is a plagiarist. Sources for many of his works were variations of old legends and myths from Britain and the greater world. Hamlet, for example, is based on an old Norse legend. At least that's what I was taught.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195

I don't know if that makes him a "plagiarist."

He enjoyed the story and let it inspire a play.

I was just proving the point that he wasn't exactly orginal.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

I think the story of hamlet is actually the story of the Baliol(sp?) clan of Scotland

Oh, and bit of [wideangle] and Independent Lens

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Lost, House, and Smallville. It was pretty funny, someone asked me what House was about once, and I was like "Well, someone gets sick, then House makes snarky comments, misdiagnoses, makes snarky comments, the black guy breaks into the patient's house to find out what went wrong, the girl gets all emotional, they find the cure, House makes snarky comments, the end."

Near the end of the series it got a lot better though, usually a show takes one or two seasons to really get going. Smallville was one, first season was nothing but freak of the week, but the later seasons got more original. House seemed to focus less on the actual diseases and more on the characters as the season went on and I believe even had a whole episode where there wasn't anyone who got sick.

And I guess I'm looking forward to the return of Hockey Night in Canada.

Oh yeah, that too. I wonder if there are any native born canadians who don't know the theme song to Hockey Night in Canada.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I think the story of hamlet is actually the story of the Baliol(sp?) clan of Scotland

Oh, and bit of [wideangle] and Independent Lens

Looking back at my notes (our teacher was completely bent on proving Shakespeare was a plagiarist), Hamlet was based on an old Norse legend in history of the Danes written by Saxo Grammatious. If you compare the plots of the two stories, they are almost identical. Hamlet is also based on a play called The Spanish Tragedy by Thoms Kyd.

Personally, I don't like Shakespeare. I find it boring, and I'm not exactly proficient in Shakespeare's use of language. I just had to endure reading his work and learning about him.

--John Stewart Mill--

--Black Hawk Down--

Oh yeah, that too. I wonder if there are any native born canadians who don't know the theme song to Hockey Night in Canada.

doo doo doooo doo DOO doooooo

doo doo doooo doo DOO doooooo

do do do dooo Dooo doo doo Dooooo doo doo do

Doo doo doo doo do DOO

"And I guess I'm looking forward to the return of Hockey Night in Canada."

I'm not. They focus too much on the Leafs and the other asanine Kanadian teams, the announcers are annoying, and Don Cherry while he can be entertaining is a racist scumbag.

I much prefer TSN, and FOX as they actually have variet in teams, and better announcers (though TSN is much better in this regard).

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I like Don Cherry (racist?) because he's not a typical, PC douchebag like most sports announcers (although I think Kelly Hrudey is my favourite Hockey Night in Canada announcer...I like "In the Crease").

I respect a guy that speaks his mind.

"I like Don Cherry (racist?) "

Racist, countriest, bigot. You call it, he's it. I can respect someone for speaking their mind; but remember if one speaks thier mind they have to deal with the cosnequences if their words betray them as scum.

Lost

Rescue Me (tho it started)

Galactica (tho it started)

Deadwood season 3

Venture Bros

Arrested Devolpment

Penn & Teller: Bull****! season 4

and of course: Family Guy / Simpsons/ Southpark

all of which I'll prolly download well after the actually air

I'm looking forward to seeing Alex Rodriguez getting nailed in the face by a 95 mph fastball, shattering his cheekbone and eye socket......

Also I think the William Sister's new show will hopefully exhaust the public's interestin them. If they spend a good amount of time embarrasing I might tune in.

"How is he racist?"

Ask him what he thinks of Europeans.

"I think people need to be a little less sensitive."

I think people shouldn't be racist/bigots.

How is he racist?

I think people need to be a little less sensitive.

The thing I hate about Cherry is he's got a double standard that's annoying.

If he likes a player, that player can do absolutely no wrong. But if he hates a player, then he picks apart every little thing the player does and bashes him.

Case in point, he loves Eric Lindros, dislikes Sidney Crosby. So everything Crosby does is being a showboat or show off, but Eric and his crazy parents are immune to his tirades.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Ya it doesn't matter how many concussions or big games he doesn't show up in with Lindros