What TV Shows Are You Anticipating?

Archmonarch

Considering the success Of Kaff's '80's, '90's TV thread, I thought a future version was in order. What shows are you looking forward to next season? Preferably new shows, though they can be new seasons.

Given my love for the scifi/fantasy genre, my choices (thus far) are of this variety.

In no particular order:

Lost Season 2

Battlestar Galactica Season 2

Supernatural (If for no other reason than to see how the WB screws up the occult)

Surface (Previously called Fathom)

Threshold

Invasion

I dont expect all of these to be good (excepting those proven few). Hell, I dont even expect many of them to be good. But they seemed worth a chance from what I know so far. And I always have room for a pleasant surprise.

Care to share your lists?

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

Galactica - but it started last night so I'm not sure that really qualifies, exactly, anymore.

Did you see the season opener of SG-1? Man that stunk...

I'm looking forward to Rescue Me's 2nd season coming out on DVD (assuming it does)...since we don't get the channel it's on. :) Denis Leary's the man.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm too much of a snob when it comes to visual media to like much television pumps out.

I was looking forward to thew Chappell Show, but thats gone down the tube.

Dennis Leary? Ya its great how he totally raped Bill Hicks of his act.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Well whats worse is he completely butchers it.

Being unoriginal and completely lacking of talent has been pretty kind to Dennis all and all

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I'm looking forward to House. I enjoyed Star Gate Atlantis, but was a bit disappointed in SG-1. Although I did like the new guy (his name escapes me) better than I thought I would. I really hope they keep the thief (I'm really bad with names aren't I?) around this time.

P.S. I watched a little bit of Battlestar Galactica for the first time last night. I decided it was more of a soap opera than a sci-fi so I've decided to just leave it alone.

sig2.gif

I've watched a few episodes of House, and to be honest I don't see the huge appeal. It always seems to be the exact same episode, over and over again. Person is ill with life-threatening unknown illness. Illness is identified. Person is given medicine for life-threatening illness. Medicine makes person worse. It is revealed that person must have two life-threatening ilnesses. Person is cured of both, or dies. Roll credits.

Oh, and Hugh Laurie makes lots of sarcastic comments that often make it seem like Dr. House is a poor American version of Edmund Blackadder.

*shrug* It's an okay show, which I watch if I remember it is on, but I'm never bothered if I miss it.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

I enjoyed Star Gate Atlantis, but was a bit disappointed in SG-1.  Although I did like the new guy (his name escapes me) better than I thought I would.  I really hope they keep the thief (I'm really bad with names aren't I?) around this time.

Cameron and Vala (Crichton & Aeryn for Farscape fans). I gotta admit I teared up a little when they had their first few lines together :'(

I've watched a few episodes of House, and to be honest I don't see the huge appeal.  It always seems to be the exact same episode, over and over again.  Person is ill with life-threatening unknown illness. Illness is identified.  Person is given medicine for life-threatening illness.  Medicine makes person worse.  It is revealed that person must have two life-threatening ilnesses.  Person is cured of both, or dies.  Roll credits.

Oh, and Hugh Laurie makes lots of sarcastic comments that often make it seem like Dr. House is a poor American version of Edmund Blackadder.

*shrug*  It's an okay show, which I watch if I remember it is on, but I'm never bothered if I miss it.

Bah, nobody watches House for the medical drama, they (meaning me) watch it for the characters! Especially House himself. "Well, you have a parasite in your stomach. If you want me to kill it you had better say so now because it'll be illegal in a few months. The good news is that it'll get a job and move out on it's own in about eighteen years." :ermm:

sig2.gif

I've watched a few episodes of House, and to be honest I don't see the huge appeal.  It always seems to be the exact same episode, over and over again.  Person is ill with life-threatening unknown illness. Illness is identified.  Person is given medicine for life-threatening illness.  Medicine makes person worse.  It is revealed that person must have two life-threatening ilnesses.  Person is cured of both, or dies.  Roll credits.

*shrug*  It's an okay show, which I watch if I remember it is on, but I'm never bothered if I miss it.

Bah, nobody watches House for the medical drama, they (meaning me) watch it for the characters! Especially House himself. "Well, you have a parasite in your stomach. If you want me to kill it you had better say so now because it'll be illegal in a few months. The good news is that it'll get a job and move out on it's own in about eighteen years." :ermm:

Well, yeah, that's quite a good redeeming feature of the show (one I especially liked was when he kept reintroducing himself to the woman with no short-term memory), but rather often it does come across as an attempt by Hugh Laurie to impersonate Rowan Atkinson, which never quite succeeds. Now, if they made a Blackadder V, with Rowan Atkinson playing Dr. Blackadder, then that would be a show I'd watch religiously. :)

It may be that I'm unfairly comparing the two because Hugh Laurie was in Blackadder, but ah well.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Dennis Leary? Ya its great how he totally raped Bill Hicks of his act.

Oh please. In terms of comedic persona, many 'angry ranting' comics that are post-70's could be said to be ripping off Carlin or Pryor. And I'm sure someone somewhere thought that Carlin/Pryor were ripping off earlier comics. Almost every fantasy book alive has ripped off LoTR. There is no such thing as true originality and unconcious 'rip offs' happen all the time - it's human nature to be unconciously influenced by things we've seen/heard/been around while creating.

I know there was the actual joke line by line rip off controversy, but stuff happens, it's never been proven that it was maliciously intentional, and Rescue Me is quite seperate from all of that, anyway, IMO.

It's a good show...I don't know exactly how involved Leary is w/the script writing/producing (despite the credits...) but talentless? I don't think so.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Smallville is about it for seasonal shows.

The Beauty & The Geek 2 shall be cool.

I tend to spend my tv time watching certain soap operas as they are frequently the tv shows with the constantly best acting and worthwhile stories.

LONG LIVE GENERAL HOSPITAL!

GH > U

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

There is no such thing as true originality and unconcious 'rip offs' happen all the time - it's human nature to be unconciously influenced by things we've seen/heard/been around while creating.

That's a mighty strong statement, even for the OE Way Off-Topic forum!

What are you saying, that Shakespeare wasn't original?

I don't think so.

I've told you a million times, don't exaggerate!

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Considering that no one today knows whether or not there were other playwrights during his time (that are unknown to posterity) that he might have ripped some of his ideas from, I'd say, at least in terms of debatable discussion, it's possible to claim he's not original, yes.

Posterity remembers those whose works are not lost, not neccesarily the origins of the material.

EDIT - of course, if you can find me the first early-man to ever put pen to paper to write a play/book/draw a painting on a cavewall, I would concede that that could be considered truly original.