Please join our (Second) Diplomacy Game!

Reveilled

Well, my party got the big lock down.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Noooooooo!

I so would have liked a game with Number Man the Tyra...Peace Lover!

Tell me about it. :thumbsup:

In fact it was just a cheap stratagem to allow for more time to refine my Blitzkrieg tactics to ensure a swift and utter victory... *Palps cackle*

Anyway, when are you guys starting?

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Noooooooo!

Tell me about it. :thumbsup:

In fact it was just a cheap stratagem to allow for more time to refine my Blitzkrieg tactics to ensure a swift and utter victory... *Palps cackle*

You know what Number Man: You could sign up as the ruler of your sovereign nation...and when you contract a mystery illness/or your governement is overthrown (i.e. your ISP goes in flux), the diabolical Lord Jaguar could "oversee" your forces until you're fit to command again. That way you'll clock in some learning exp. for game 3, no? :shifty:

manthing2.jpg

Sounds a little fishy to me...

You wouldn't happen to be trying to pull one by ol'Lou Gutman Private Investigator, would you?

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

You know what Number Man: You could sign up as the ruler of your sovereign nation...and when you contract a mystery illness/or your governement is overthrown (i.e. your ISP goes in flux), the diabolical Lord Jaguar could "oversee" your forces until you're fit to command again.  That way you'll clock in some learning exp. for game 3, no?  :(

That's a good idea. But I don't know if it would be fair for the other players to let your megalo... er... unification ideals run rampant by controlling two powers. :shifty:"

Yep, a very good idea alright... :thumbsup:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Good, because you can't pull a fast one on old Lou Gutman, Private Investigater...

Noooooooo!

Tell me about it. ;)

As soon as a seventh person says for definite thet they would like to play.

I'd also suggest that we hold the six Game 1 players as standbys for each country except my own, to cover the possibility that someone will stop playing without warning, as people are occasionally apt to do when the going gets tough.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

I'm afraid I'm going to have to give the Diplomacy game a miss since, not only am I completely unskilled at such games, but I'm going away to Vietnam this summer and I'd just be holding up the game in my absence... hope you find someone to play... have fun :thumbsup::)

[color=gray][i]OO-TINI![/i][/color]

All righty then!

Our seven players are:

Nartwak

thepixiesrock

Aishur-Rim-Nisheshu

Reveilled

Darkside

Deraldin

JediConsular7

And our GM is Metadigital.

Here is how country assignment works. Everyone sends Metadigital a list of the countries they'd like to play, in order of preference, e.g.

1. Russia

2. England

3. Turkey

4. Germany

5. Austria

6. France

7. Italy

What then happens is that once Metadigital recieves seven lists, he will select one player at random, and assign them their first choice. Then, he will select a second player, and assign them their first choice. If their first choice is already taken, they are assigned their second choice, and so on until they get a power no-one else has yet chosen, and so on until all countries have been assigned.

You can also submit certain countries equally, e.g.

1. Russia/England

3. Turkey

4. Germany/Austria/France

7. Italy

If more than one of your first choices are available, the one you play is assigned randomly. If only one is available, you get that one, and if none are available, you get the next choice on your list, or the next, and so on.

In this example, if neither Russia or England are taken, the player randomly gets either Russia or England. If one is taken, but not the other, the player gets the other. If both are taken, then the player gets Turkey. If Both are taken and so is Turkey, the player randomly gets Germany, Austria, or France, etc. etc.

Therefore, if you don't care which country you get, then submit:

1. Russia/England/Turkey/Germany/Austria/France/Italy

(the countries don't have to be in that order, the result will be the same regardless).

Note that this is different from not submitting a list at all, which means you automatically be selected last and get whatever is left over.

I would post meta's address here, but aside from the fact that I feel uncomfortable giving out someone else's email address, as a matter of curteousy I'm going to wait for him to say that he is ready to begin before I hand the game over to him. When he is ready, please Email him your list rather than PMing it, as he will need your email adresses so that he can distribute them to other players.

Also, Mets, if you like I can send you the image I use for mapping the turns, or alternatively I can continue to do the mapping, simply mailing it out to everyone once the orders are published.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

I would be an awesome DM.

I'd have to read the manual,but nah..

Better yet I could change all the rules and proclaim Romania victor.

Sounds good to me!

Oh hell, we're not using PMs?  I could get in trouble for this.  Is it too late to back out?  I am deeply sorry, but the last thing I need is to be told I can't post here anymore. :(

Could get in trouble for using e-mail? How come? :p

Not for using email so much as giving my email out to a random group of people. I'm already on "probabtion" of sorts, I can't risk getting my only pastime I have right now taken from me. Again, I'm deeply sorry for doing this. I really wanted to play. :(

sig2.gif

...No one but the government...