Tekken Five

Katsuhiro Harada: It's not whether there is enough content or not. Each person has their own way of enjoying a game. Some people really enjoy playing against friends while others enjoy playing alone. We wanted everyone to enjoy this game so we added a variety of bonus games and content. Even if we knew it would succeed with the arcade version alone we still would have added this content.

Dosnt it just make you feel all warm and fuzzy.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Guys, you seem to be missing the point; it's not whether you like / want to play Tekken (I certainly don't), it's the attitude of Mr Harada, to wit:

Katsuhiro Harada: It's not whether there is enough content or not. Each person has their own way of enjoying a game. Some people really enjoy playing against friends while others enjoy playing alone. We wanted everyone to enjoy this game so we added a variety of bonus games and content. Even if we knew it would succeed with the arcade version alone we still would have added this content.

Dosnt it just make you feel all warm and fuzzy.

:)

*applause*

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

And the umpire takes away a point! (Low blow from the Player!) Naughty move, there, discouraging all attempts to resist box-moving and dumbing-down by ridiculing the game, rather than applauding the design.

Restart!

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I know. I just wanted to point out I don't care much for Tekken, if at all.

While his attitude seems fairly laudable, and I subscribe to it, I feel this often just translates into fluff content.

Read the bit that isnt in bold in md's post.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Read the bit that isnt in bold in md's post.

I did. I still feel most of it is fluff. It's my way of "enjoying" the game.

Boy, you're a tough marker. Let me know when you finish a game, I'm sure it will be excellent, given your stringent principles on content. :shifty:

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I played and enjoyed Tekken 3.

I really like Anna Williams and her ability to "beeotch slap" people.

I found it really amusing to slap people to death in that game.

My friend who convinced me to try the game didn't find it that amusing though. <_<

Maybe they knew someone who'd been biatch slapped to death :'(

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Maybe they knew someone who'd been biatch slapped to death :'(

doubtful, I've never killed anyone.

Sure, not IRL. But you sure made short work of them in Tekken3, didn't you?

Are you suggesting that the "friend" was such a geek that he (obviously) had no female experiences, even as friends? What does this say about Darque and her need to prop up her self-esteem by surrounding herself with poor, inferior geeks ... like on a forum (!!) ... like us. >_<

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I hope this one features some kind of silly mini game like "Tekken Ball" in T3. That's great fun to play after an 80 battle streak with some friends. o:)"

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

My life in Tekken has been centered around counter attacks. I can remember a four round, no time limit two player match with the final score being 71 to 69.

I wish Anna had half as many moves as Nina did. I wish my PS2 worked right now... :blink:

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Boy, you're a tough marker.

And a liberal guy, too cool for the macho ache, with a secret tooth for the cherry on the cake. With a pious smile, a smile that changes what I say. Yadda yadda yadda.

given your stringent principles on content.  :blink:

OH NOES ROELPLAYA IS TEH FUN DESTRUKTOR!!!

As I said, I agree with the principle of what Harada was saying. I'm just suspicious of the result of that particular mindset, or similar ones. I reserve the right to pass up on excellent extra content such as secret costumes, card games, mini-DDR sessions to get virtual kisses, or an Elvis karaoke/bukakke combo. The absence of such elements make a game more enjoyable to me - and as he says, everyone has their own way of enjoying a game. My way of enjoying it is ignoring the fluff and sticking with the meat of the game, thank you very much.

I reserve the right to pass up on excellent extra content such as secret costumes, card games, mini-DDR sessions to get virtual kisses, or an Elvis karaoke/bukakke combo. The absence of such elements make a game more enjoyable to me - and as he says, everyone has their own way of enjoying a game. My way of enjoying it is ignoring the fluff and sticking with the meat of the game, thank you very much.

Cruel. (you can't pass up Elvis, surely? Not Elvis! The entertainer? Big hair? Swings his hips provocatively?)

PLAYAH IS TEH FUN DESTRUKTAH

I don't care for Fighting Games any more.

Street Fighter EX Gamma Omega Epsilons Squared to the root of PI vs Marvel 2.5/3 Delta Phi Slamma Jamma caused me to lose interest :lol:

Button mashing is kinda dull.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT