Shocking News! Daikatana dude leaves Midway!

Llyranor

Extremely wishful thinking, but it'd be pretty cool if JE was able to push for turn-based variant of the combat system

Wasn't it Van Buren which was going to get both a RT and a TB system as a compromise? Or was it Jefferson?

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Extremely wishful thinking, but it'd be pretty cool if JE was able to push for turn-based variant of the combat system

Wasn't it Van Buren which was going to get both a RT and a TB system as a compromise? Or was it Jefferson?

The last TB console game (Gladius I think) sunk so low it's probably somewhere in Australia.. They still do really well on handhelds, but not so much on the main consoles. Be interesting to see how well Sacred Radiance (the GC version of FireEmblem does compared to the GBA).

I think it was VB.

Unless it's already part of the design it dosnt seem likely. They do have a pretty tight schedule for something like NwN.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

That's a pretty tall order for anything intended as a persistent world. Anyway, I'm not going to Obsidian to jump in and start crescent-kicking people in the face for rule changes. Ferret, Frank, and the other peeps know what they are doing. I will be happy to work on area design for a change.

This is good news...ironic, but good.

After what happened to the black hound and how jaded JE appeared to be with the D&D license situation, it's interesting that he ends up working on NWN 2.

How do you walk into a situation like that from a motivational perspective? I mean, the PC, interview answer is to put on a **** eating smile and say

The team already has a pretty solid plan for NWN2.  I'll just be helping them with that, not launching into a furious barrage of requests for changes.

When do you get your green link and "O" beside your name?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Anyway, I'm not going to Obsidian to jump in and start crescent-kicking people in the face for rule changes.

Although that does create quite the humorous mental image :D

Good luck at Obisdian. Try to let them keep your "Obsidz VIP" title :lol:

The team already has a pretty solid plan for NWN2.  I'll just be helping them with that, not launching into a furious barrage of requests for changes.

Welcome JE!

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

Mr. Sawyer must be either flattered or disgusted by the blind faith in him by now.  :blink:

I guess he will be an valuable asset, especially in the rules department. But I liked Chris Avellone's original story for Fallout 3 more, the way they turned it into some space exploration adventure in the final levels didn't sound very original to me but it's always difficult to judge concepts because they are often so reliant on realization.

And many liked the story behind Jefferson. And even though I didn

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

What can I say.

Congrats on joining the "nest" as Volo kidly put it.

I am a little curious about what will happen with the new Gauntlet seeing as both you and Romero have left.

I hope they'll continue the development.

I assume we'll start to see a dramatic increase in black and white O's in the left hand margins starting next week.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I assume we'll start to see a dramatic increase in black and white O's in the left hand margins starting next week.

Or he'll stop posting altogether like the rest of the Obsidian devs. :(

Say it ain't so, JE! Say it ain't so!

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Anyway, I'm not going to Obsidian to jump in and start crescent-kicking people in the face for rule changes.

What would constitute a good motivation for doing said crescent kicks?

Or he'll stop posting altogether like the rest of the Obsidian devs. :p

... Because, let's face it, the devs are here to banter inanely with us forum monkeys ... ;)"

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

... Because, let's face it, the devs are here to banter inanely with us forum monkeys ...  :-"

They're not? :p

;) (We're the ones that give them all their good ideas, from ninja chimps flipping out and killing everyone, to exploding barrels in NwN2 ...)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

... Because, let's face it, the devs are here to banter inanely with us forum monkeys ...  :-"

They're not? :blink:

:shifty: (We're the ones that give them all their good ideas, from ninja chimps flipping out and killing everyone, to exploding barrels in NwN2 ...)

That there is the premise for a successful game series.

Imagine all the possible spin-offs, too.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)