Kotor 3: Ideas and Suggestions

There are a few things I think would be appropriate for KOTOR 3:

Player Character:

Must start neutral (in order to maintain the "choose your own path" flavor of 1&2), should begin as a non-jedi (as in 1), should be able to choose to initially train with either Jedi or Sith, should have the choice to get advanced training as either Jedi or Sith Prestige Class (and maybe a Gray choice - no prestige class) and should have the "final choice" to be able to choose to go Light, Gray, or Dark - I know none of these are new ideas, but I wanted to let you know where I stand.

Prequel Plot Assumptions:

Revan was female (makes Carth a more interesting character), Exile was male (makes Brianna more interesting and gets rid of Mikal), both chose LS path, and completed all major and minor quests appropriately (including the Exile training all available NPC's) - these are all just for simplicity's sake, more than anything else - plus, the SW universe is about heroes and the redemption of fallen heroes. Also, give the Exile a name.

Plot Requirements:

- Plots/quests available should be based on the major choices throughout the game (where did you train, prestige class, and final L/G/D choice).

Game Play Features to Keep from KOTOR2:

- Influence - definitely added to the flavor of the game, but I would have liked to have some way (other than a saved gamed editor) to know how much influence I had with various characters.

- Most Armor and Weapons are upgradable - very cool.

- Most items found can be broken down into components/chemicals - better use of extra junk.

- Massively Upgadable Lightsabers - I especially liked the personal crystal's stat bonuses - this made lightsabers the weapon of choice beyond even the best-upgraded vibroswords

- Weapon Finesse Feats

- Level-based difficulty and loot - while I walked through most of all levels on both games with little difficulty, I appreciated that foes were tougher and worth more XP at higher levels

- XP bonus for unlocking doors and disarming/recovering mines - makes security and demolitions skill worthwhile

- Using "destroy droid" to detonate mines

Game Play Features to Toss from KOTOR2:

- Auto-Heal (or at least slow it down)

- Dark Side "psoriasis"

- CON-based Implant use (or perhaps, bring back the Implant feats, and allow them to over-ride minimum CON requirements)

- Mines were too easy to detect

- Swoop Racing was too difficult

Game Play Features to Bring Back from KOTOR1:

- Balanced Weapons - wielding a heavy blaster pistol/vibrosword/standard lightsaber off-handed did not incur the additional penalty in KOTOR2 (so why have short lightsabers?)

Game Features to Improve on:

- If level progression beyond 20 is allowed, the feat tree should have more then three levels - Duelist Feats became almost irrelavent at level 30 (about where I was the first time I completed KOTOR2), for example - the d20 system is based on a cap at 20th level

- Dark Side Mastery should include the yellow/red eyes, and no other physical changes

- Force Forms should be more useful and distinct - different "ready" stances, attack styles for visual flair - ability to focus your training on them (improve them on the feat or force power tree)

- Split Party Quests - I really enjoyed the Duxn/Iziz quest, and think this requires you to flesh out characters you normally wouldn't focus on

- Training Party Members as Jedi - the first time I played, I only trained Bao Dur, which just seemed weird - the next time I played, I trained everyone possible - which was cool but unnecessary, you should be able to train one or two and no more

- Random Loot Generator - should be customized based on the location, type of enemy killed, and level

Game Features to Add:

- Party Members can gain Prestige Classes

- Add cover and stance rules - shooting from behind stuff or while prone increases defense

- Personal Lightsaber should look distinct from other sabers, should be the only lightsaber where the personal crystal functions.

Returning Major Characters:

- T3-M4 - LS party member (after Jedi Academy choice)

- HK-47 - DS party member (after Sith Academy choice)

- Bastila - NPC Jedi Master/Council Member

- Carth - NPC - possibly a plot catalyst, but cameos (a la KOTOR2) are probably enough

- Zaalbar - NPC - include the wookies as a major plot focus - and how you choose to complete the quest (LS/Gray/DS) determines which young wookie (good/none/bad) you get as a party member

- Jolee Bindo - NPC - possibly as the catalyst for the "final choice"

- Canderous/Mandalore - NPC - have the Mandalorians as a plot element for one of the major quests

- Mira - NPC - either hunting the DS PC or as a non-party member ally for LS/Gray

- Brianna - NPC Jedi Master/Historian

- Atton - NPC - plot catalyst for LS PC, if the plot involves trying to follow Revan/Exile to the unknown regions - possibly found as a down-on-his-luck pazaak player who ran out of credits trying to track down the Exile

- Visas - NPC - plot catalyst for Gray PC, if the plot involves trying to follow Revan/Exile to the unknown regions

Returning Minor Characters:

- Yuthura Ban - Sith Master trying to rebuild the Academy (somewhere other than Korriban)

- Dustil Onassi - Party Member who joins somewhere after the academy choice, LS agent of the Jedi/Republic either to observe and report back on a LS/Gray PC or spy on a DS PC - the "final choice" could involve a one-on-one duel with Dustil, resulting in either convincing him that your intentions are pure (LS), killing him (DS), or wounding and abandoning him (Gray)

- Atris (now Darth Traya) - plot catalyst for DS PC, if the plot involves trying to follow Revan/Exile to the unknown regions

- Darth Nihilus - a wasted character in KOTOR2 - lots of speculation flying around these forums about his origins and ultimate fate

- The Rodian tech on the station near Yavin IV - I enjoyed this part of KOTOR1 so much that I truly missed it in KOTOR2

I'm not going to speculate on the major plot line beyond "trying to follow Revan/Exile to the unknown regions" - but I think it would help resolve the major issue with KOTOR2, which was an unfulfilling ending.

I would think that there were many lessons learned for how to incorporate that sort of open-endedness in KOTOR 2's development, that will streamline the process in KOTOR 3.

I really liked the relatively hidden way that they do it, by having natural dialogue with the NPCs dictate it. Although I wouldn't even been adverse to just answering a questionnaire before the game officially begins.

There are a few things I think would be appropriate for KOTOR 3:

Player Character:

Must start neutral (in order to maintain the "choose your own path" flavor of 1&2), should begin as a non-jedi (as in 1), should be able to choose to initially train with either Jedi or Sith, should have the choice to get advanced training as either Jedi or Sith Prestige Class (and maybe a Gray choice - no prestige class) and should have the "final choice" to be able to choose to go Light, Gray, or Dark - I know none of these are new ideas, but I wanted to let you know where I stand.

Prequel Plot Assumptions:

Revan was female (makes Carth a more interesting character), Exile was male (makes Brianna more interesting and gets rid of Mikal), both chose LS path, and completed all major and minor quests appropriately (including the Exile training all available NPC's) - these are all just for simplicity's sake, more than anything else - plus, the SW universe is about heroes and the redemption of fallen heroes.  Also, give the Exile a name.

Plot Requirements:

- Plots/quests available should be based on the major choices throughout the game (where did you train, prestige class, and final L/G/D choice).

Game Play Features to Keep from KOTOR2:

- Influence - definitely added to the flavor of the game, but I would have liked to have some way (other than a saved gamed editor) to know how much influence I had with various characters.

- Most Armor and Weapons are upgradable - very cool.

- Most items found can be broken down into components/chemicals - better use of extra junk.

- Massively Upgadable Lightsabers - I especially liked the personal crystal's stat bonuses - this made lightsabers the weapon of choice beyond even the best-upgraded vibroswords

- Weapon Finesse Feats

- Level-based difficulty and loot - while I walked through most of all levels on both games with little difficulty, I appreciated that foes were tougher and worth more XP at higher levels

- XP bonus for unlocking doors and disarming/recovering mines - makes security and demolitions skill worthwhile

- Using "destroy droid" to detonate mines

Game Play Features to Toss from KOTOR2:

- Auto-Heal (or at least slow it down)

- Dark Side "psoriasis"

- CON-based Implant use (or perhaps, bring back the Implant feats, and allow them to over-ride minimum CON requirements)

- Mines were too easy to detect

- Swoop Racing was too difficult

Game Play Features to Bring Back from KOTOR1:

- Balanced Weapons - wielding a heavy blaster pistol/vibrosword/standard lightsaber off-handed did not incur the additional penalty in KOTOR2 (so why have short lightsabers?)

Game Features to Improve on:

- If level progression beyond 20 is allowed, the feat tree should have more then three levels - Duelist Feats became almost irrelavent at level 30 (about where I was the first time I completed KOTOR2), for example - the d20 system is based on a cap at 20th level

- Dark Side Mastery should include the yellow/red eyes, and no other physical changes

- Force Forms should be more useful and distinct - different "ready" stances, attack styles for visual flair - ability to focus your training on them (improve them on the feat or force power tree)

- Split Party Quests - I really enjoyed the Duxn/Iziz quest, and think this requires you to flesh out characters you normally wouldn't focus on

- Training Party Members as Jedi - the first time I played, I only trained Bao Dur, which just seemed weird - the next time I played, I trained everyone possible - which was cool but unnecessary, you should be able to train one or two and no more

- Random Loot Generator - should be customized based on the location, type of enemy killed, and level

Game Features to Add:

- Party Members can gain Prestige Classes

- Add cover and stance rules - shooting from behind stuff or while prone increases defense

- Personal Lightsaber should look distinct from other sabers, should be the only lightsaber where the personal crystal functions.

Returning Major Characters:

- T3-M4 - LS party member (after Jedi Academy choice)

- HK-47 - DS party member (after Sith Academy choice)

- Bastila - NPC Jedi Master/Council Member

- Carth - NPC - possibly a plot catalyst, but cameos (a la KOTOR2) are probably enough

- Zaalbar - NPC - include the wookies as a major plot focus - and how you choose to complete the quest (LS/Gray/DS) determines which young wookie (good/none/bad) you get as a party member

- Jolee Bindo - NPC - possibly as the catalyst for the "final choice"

- Canderous/Mandalore - NPC - have the Mandalorians as a plot element for one of the major quests

- Mira - NPC - either hunting the DS PC or as a non-party member ally for LS/Gray

- Brianna - NPC Jedi Master/Historian

- Atton - NPC - plot catalyst for LS PC, if the plot involves trying to follow Revan/Exile to the unknown regions - possibly found as a down-on-his-luck pazaak player who ran out of credits trying to track down the Exile

- Visas - NPC - plot catalyst for Gray PC, if the plot involves trying to follow Revan/Exile to the unknown regions

Returning Minor Characters:

- Yuthura Ban - Sith Master trying to rebuild the Academy (somewhere other than Korriban)

- Dustil Onassi - Party Member who joins somewhere after the academy choice, LS agent of the Jedi/Republic either to observe and report back on a LS/Gray PC or spy on a DS PC - the "final choice" could involve a one-on-one duel with Dustil, resulting in either convincing him that your intentions are pure (LS), killing him (DS), or wounding and abandoning him (Gray)

- Atris (now Darth Traya) - plot catalyst for DS PC, if the plot involves trying to follow Revan/Exile to the unknown regions

- Darth Nihilus - a wasted character in KOTOR2 - lots of speculation flying around these forums about his origins and ultimate fate

- The Rodian tech on the station near Yavin IV - I enjoyed this part of KOTOR1 so much that I truly missed it in KOTOR2

I'm not going to speculate on the major plot line beyond "trying to follow Revan/Exile to the unknown regions" - but I think it would help resolve the major issue with KOTOR2, which was an unfulfilling ending.

Most of the things you mention are good idea's but I am afraid that it is not such a good idea to set Revan as a LS female and the Exile as a LS Male by default. A lot of people would prefer that you can make a choice what Revan and the Exile were.

Where I don't agree with you is the Random Loot Generator. It is a source of frustation for most of us. O no, again a short lightsaber (reload), No no Double bladed please (reload), after 10 times finally you get a standard lightsaber you would like to have. Same goes for the areas you reload each time because you get that useless stuff.

And I wonder: where are your customizable Lightsaber hilts and Jedi Robes with hoods where everyone is talking about.

Master Vandar lives!

And I wonder: where are your customizable Lightsaber hilts and Jedi Robes with hoods where everyone is talking about.

I like these ideas - but, like you said - everyone is talking about them. I think lightsaber hilts should be different - especially the lightsaber you build, but these ideas are purely for looks (OK - you might be able to relate to your characters better if they look different) and don't really impact gameplay.

Three other gameplay features I liked from KOTOR2:

- a character with a melee weapon in combat with a character with a ranged weapon had an advantage.

- Switch Weapons

- Added "Scripts" (Ranged was definitely my favorite for non-Jedi, and even Atton and Mira most of the time)

Perhaps if you restricted your novels to just the five hundred words at a time, then people would be more able and willing to read them? :sorcerer:"

That was a low blow :(

Besides, I don't recall you complaining when I posted pages upon pages of Nihilus/Exile speculation.

But fine, I'll give it a try.

Basically I would have the character begin as young padawan training on Coruscant. It all begins a year or so after KotOR2, and a few jedi are trying to rebuild the order by training new younglings to become padawans. The PC is one of them.

You set alignment/gender of Revan and Exile during history classes. If Exile is LS, then the major jedi on Coruscant are the Exile's companions - Atton teaching mental resistance, Handmaiden history, etc.

Upon reaching level 2 you make your lightsaber (with the help of master Bao-Dur) and go to learn the ropes with your own master. This boils down to fairly generic 'jedi business' on Coruscant - solving murders, catching smugglers, breaking up brawls, etc.

The plot begins in earnest all the 'masters' and the PC feel a "disturbance" in the force. Visas is then found unconscious, and upon awakening explains that she has felt something that she only felt once on Katarr, when Nihilus destroyed her world. Nihilus has returned, and he is still draining worlds of life.

Fearing another attack on the few jedi trying to rebuild the order, they decide to separate and go into hiding. The PC and his or her master take a several younglings to safety on Alderaan (perhaps on the Ebon Hawk, not sure...).

There are Sith assassins on Alderaan, however, and while investigating them the jedi get help from the mysterious Tawyn, a shady but knowledgable character (scoundrel), but you're never sure which side Tawyn is really on.

Eventually this leads to a confrontation with the Sith, where the PC's master is killed, but instead the PC meets Bastila. Whether good or evil (as per Revan's alignment), Bastila is still looking for Revan. Either way, the PC must work with Bastila to discover Revan's fate.

They discover that the Sith assassins reveals that they infiltrated Alderaan with the help of smugglers working on Myrkr, though their ship came from Sleheyron. The group must now go both these worlds to find more clues (order irrelevant).

On Myrkr the group will be forced into the jungles immediately, when Czerka confiscates their ship to keep their base here secret. In the jungle Bastila and the PC will find that their force powers no longer work. A chance for non-jedi to shine at last ;)

Captured wookies are used as slaves on Myrkr, but many have escaped over the years and live in the forests, where they clash with the native Neti (a plant-like species).

Two people are trying to change that - Mission and Zaalbar. They want the wookies to unite into a tribe with Zaalbar as their leader and then side with the native Neti (a plant-like species) and stop Czerka.

Another wookie challenges that, though, and want the wookies to just kill the Neti. He is a mercenary secretly hired by Czerka, who want the wayward wookies to clear the forests for them. Obviously this wookie is Hanharr (yes, I'm assuming Mira would have refused to kill him).

Pretty obvious light/dark side choice here. Mission/Zaalbar or Hanharr will join the group depending on the choice, but only until the group leaves Myrkr.

Either way, after resolving all this, the group can find the info they need from the smugglers' ship's computer. It is corrupted, however, and only partial, so the info from Sleheyron is also required.

Sleheyron is a world mercilessly ruled for profit and power by competing Hutts. It's a place with lots of powergames, though none of the Hutts are nice people. There is a LS choice in the form of an undergroup trying to improve the situation. If Revan is LS, this group is led by an again jedi called Jolee Bindo.

Basically this is a place to play the Hutts against each other or side with Jolee and work against them, so the PC can work for the Hutts to get the info they need, or they can side with Jolee to slice the Hutts' computers. The data is complete, but encrypted. However, with the data from Myrkr, this will let the group find the location of the location where Darth Nihilus' advance fleet is waiting on the edge of the Republic.

This leads to a big space battle, where most of the Sith advance fleet is destroyed, and where all the jedi from Coruscant gather with the PC and Bastila to confront Nihilus. They defeat Nihilus, but are shocked when they remove the mask. Nihilus is the Exile.

It turns out that the Exile follow Revan to the unknown regions. He found Revan, but Revan had turned DS again and challenged the current dark lords for the rule of the true Sith Empire and so started a civil war among the true Sith. Revan had few followers, but trained more on the old hidden fortress of Naga Sadow on Khar Shian, the moon of Khar Delba.

When the Exile found Revan, Revan revealed the Exile's true nature to him by making him see that Nihilus had always been his own dark side that he had cut off from himself on Malachor V during the Mandalorian Wars. The Exile has a unique gift to cut himself off from the will of the Force, but in doing so he separated himself from the true nature of what his actions had made him into. He had cut off the part of himself much as a person can cut off an arm or leg infected with gangrene, except that this was a mental separation, and so the Exile had created a sort of 'force neurosis', which had manifested itself in Nihilus and then taken the body of a dead jedi as a host. When the Exile had 'killed' Nihilus, he had simply reconnected with his own dark half, though he had not admitted as much to himself at the time (this is why he took Nihilus' mask). Doing so also cut his force bond with Kreia, though he had also failed to realize that.

The PC must now use his empathic powers to sense all this and either turn the Exile LS again or use this information to ally with the Exile (DS). The Exile then joins the group, and they leave for Khar Shian in the true Sith Empire.

Entering Sith space will get them shot down, though (yes, you knew it would happen), and they crash on Khar Delba. Now they must find a way to reach the moon of Khar Shian (similar to the Dxun/Onderon situation in KotOR2). Lots of hiding and fighting the Sith here. Also, good opportunities for demonstrating how harsh a Sith world would really be - that would be a must!

Khar Shian is overrun by Revan's dark apprentices/padawans, who are not exactly happy to see them. Lots of battles, but eventually the group finds holovids of Revan's battles with the Sith and learn that the Sith would have already assaulted the Republic with huge fleets, had it been for Revan's civil war against them. They also learn that Revan is now held captive on the central Sith world of Ziost, though. The Sith can be stopped only by challenging the ruling dark lord, and since only Revan can do that, the group must now infiltrate Ziost and free him.

They can do so after lengthy challenges only to find that Revan has been told that his old jedi "friends" are coming to kill him before he can become a threat to them. Being thoroughly DS Revan believes this, so when the group finds him, they must fight him while Bastila uses her bond to inspire trust in Revan while the PC uses his empathic abilities to sense his motives.

The DS/LS choice comes when determining what to do next. The DS choice is to betray Bastial and the Exile and help Revan kill them, then become Revan's apprentice (until he too can be killed). If that happens, the PC and Revan go off to Coruscant, which is now under attack by the fleets of the Sith. Together they then confront and kill the dark lord on his flagship, overthrow the republic and then rule both it and the Sith Empire.

The LS choice is longer. Revan and Bastila must lead a group to fight the dark lord by boarding his flagship during the space battle over Coruscant, while the Exile joins with Mandalore to lead the Mandalorians in battles against the group troops of Sith that have landed on Coruscant. The PC leads a third group, which must reach the jedi temple and help save the younglings (returned after the threat of Nihius was over) from being killed or captured by the Sith.

Hmmm, I don't mind the random loot.

I never reloaded a game because I didn't like the loot that I got.  The game's were easy enough as it was.

Me either; I concur with you. Who reloads to get different loot?

Perhaps if you restricted your novels to just the five hundred words at a time, then people would be more able and willing to read them? :-"

That was a low blow :(

Just post in little, easy to digest chunks, rather than enormo-stomache-distending gasto-nightmares.

Or lots of white space, different fonts or even an Executive Summary at the top (or bottom), if you really MUST post such large amounts of text. It's not that it isn't worth reading, just that it is difficult to read large swathes of writing on the Forum.

:)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I would think that if they were to officially "force" a sex on Revan, it'd go with the Lucasarts Canon of Lightside Male.

Is it a male? I know the databank goes with the LS ending, but I don't recall it actually specifying that Revan is male.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I would think that if they were to officially "force" a sex on Revan, it'd go with the Lucasarts Canon of Lightside Male.

Don't you start with all that "canon" nonsense.

Edit:

Now GoA is stealing my thoughts! Is my brain leaking?

Edited by metadigital

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Don't you start with all that "canon" nonsense.

Edit:

Now GoA is stealing my thoughts! Is my brain leaking?

More like you're stealing my thoughts. Kinda like you trying to take credit for my Outcast protagonist idea. :-"

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

A Question to Jediphile. Could you make some links to the stories you have previously written, not this compiled version.

What I like in your story is:

1) The roles of Revan and the Exile in this game

2) The choice of Planets we visit

3) The returning characters from Kotor I and II

4) The True Sith are in the game

What I don't really like:

1) You start as a padawan on Coruscant. Well, then I tend to think that you are just another Jedi who is off course again very strong in the force. Maybe I am wrong though and you have a more detailed explanation of this character somewhere else.

2) I somehow think that this game is too short. Okay there are 7 planets and I have the feeling that you don't like the concept of finding 4 or more pieces to find "something" which a lot of us would see as the Sith Throne on Ziost, the stop on the Khar worlds are also something that most people would like to see. I guess that more planets would be all right.

3) The LS ending. Saving a lot of Young Jedi isn't my idea of a good ending.

4) It also looks to me that it will take some time before anything actually happens. Visas falling unconscious because Nihilus attacks, is this the first thing that actually happens? Then, your first combat would be with the Sith assasins on Alderaan?

Master Vandar lives!

You set alignment/gender of Revan and Exile during history classes. If Exile is LS, then the major jedi on Coruscant are the Exile's companions - Atton teaching mental resistance, Handmaiden history, etc.

Upon reaching level 2 you make your lightsaber (with the help of master Bao-Dur) and go to learn the ropes with your own master. This boils down to fairly generic 'jedi business' on Coruscant - solving murders, catching smugglers, breaking up brawls, etc.

I quite like these ideas, but I don't like how 'school' it all is.

Oh and don't forget about how Visas can die.

I did like the Nihilus/Exile thing, I thought about something like that myself.

Back to my story now. o:)

BACKLOG:

Page 1 - Part 1-5

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?sh...ic=35628&st=105 - Part 6.

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?sh...ic=35628&st=150 - Part 7

For the record, if you play female, you can romance Dustil and Darth Aumen. And if you play male you can romance Alora and Darth Aumen.

Anywho, here

A Question to Jediphile. Could you make some links to the stories you have previously written, not this compiled version.

Sure.

Part 1: Coruscant opening

Part 2: Alderaan, Myrkr and Sleheyron

Part 3: Showdown with Nihilus/Exile

Part 4: Sith Empire - Khar Delba, Khar Shian and Ziost

Part 5: Endgame on Coruscant and Endings

What I like in your story is:

1) The roles of Revan and the Exile in this game

2) The choice of Planets we visit

3) The returning characters from Kotor I and II

4) The True Sith are in the game

Thanks.

Incidentally, if anyone wants info on Sleheyron, you can read developer David Gaider's original ideas on the Bioware forum as intended in KotOR1 (yes, they did cut a planet, and yes, I have posted this link before...)

What I don't really like:

1) You start as a padawan on Coruscant. Well, then I tend to think that you are just another Jedi who is off course again very strong in the force. Maybe I am wrong though and you have a more detailed explanation of this character somewhere else.

I had much more detail originally (see the part 1 link above). Basically I intend the early tone to underscore the dire situation for the jedi order (or rather lack of jedi order) and how it hurts the republic. Before you get into the big plot, I want to demonstrate that the order is falling apart due to all the jedi that have been killed in the Mandalorian Wars, the Jedi Civil War, the Sith Lords war...

Very few are left, and the order's "masters" are really just the Exile's companions trying to rebuild the order, so you have the PC and master out doing 'jedi business' that really should be handled by much more experienced jedi. But there aren't any, so... and the criminal elements are having a field day on Coruscant smuggling things in and doing mafia-type extortion, killing the innocent, etc. I want something like the KotOR1 murder investigation and Ep. II "Jedi business" stuff just to showcase what jedi do when they don't fight the Sith in horrible wars. We've seen that, but never really played it.

2) I somehow think that this game is too short. Okay there are 7 planets and I have the feeling that you don't like the concept of finding 4 or more pieces to find "something" which a lot of us would see as the Sith Throne on Ziost, the stop on the Khar worlds are also something that most people would like to see. I guess that more planets would be all right.

I don't like the idea of setting up a quest where you look for x number of parts on y number of planets before you can progress in the plot. I'd rather have x be smaller and then have more plot developments along the way. Maybe it is too short, but it's just a skeleton where more can be added, after all. For example, I give very little details on Sleheyron or Khar Delba, which could be huge worlds. That's because I cut my description so someone might actually read the plot. Yes, there are few planets, but there is room for more. I'd rather aim low and then expand than aim high and then have to cut - they did that in both KotOR games, and the last one suffered horribly from it.

3) The LS ending. Saving a lot of Young Jedi isn't my idea of a good ending.

Again, I shorted my description. See the part 5 link above, and you'll see I wrote a LS ending with details for the new character, Revan, and Exile specifically (and Jolee, if he's there)

4) It also looks to me that it will take some time before anything actually happens. Visas falling unconscious because Nihilus attacks, is this the first thing that actually happens? Then, your first combat would be with the Sith assasins on Alderaan?

No, there would be confrontations with criminals on Coruscant. It just wouldn't be highly violent for level 1, but once you reach level 2 and get your lightsaber, it's off to the streets of Coruscant to do some 'jedi business' with your master.

Anyway, thanks for showing interest - Influence gained >_<

From talking you can learn about a young scientist named Tipoca who believes that the ice caps are going to melt and flood Kamino.

You know, the whole time I kept thinking, what if Tipoca is really a sort of Blofeld-like villain trying to bring the very melting of icecaps about that he predicts, so that he can attain world domination... And you helped him by your actions >_<

To Jediphile: I guess that's your opinion. Some people want a revelation, some others don't. You are right that it looks too much like Kotor I, I agree with you on that part but on the other hand being just another Jedi who is too strong in the force is IMO not a good thing. Don't take it as a complaint against your main character just yet though. I haven't read all your stories and indeed a lot of people wish they could play as a different race, and that's an advantage where your character comes in.

To Vagrant: I was waiting for this moment to reveal what your main character is and I suspected it to be something like that. IMO, a good idea in a game which is not a follow up story on Kotor I and II. Why I say that is this:

A conversation between Darth Malak and a Sith Master on the Star Forge:

Sith Master: Lord Malak, I have news about the Jedi.

Malak: Ah, the Jedi. Did the droids pass their test, did they destroy our enemies.

Sith Master: No Lord Malak, the droids could not stop them.

Darth Malak: Strange, I did not know there were any among the order who could survive the assault.

Darth Malak probably knew that the Exile was no longer in the Jedi Order and the only other very powerful Jedi would be Revan. You mentioned that "Abil" abandoned the Jedi after Darth Malak was defeated. I think he would have been very powerful if he had true Sith blood.

Short note about Kamino as well as Tatooine. There have to happen more than just the things in your story. They look to much like Korriban on Kotor II. Not enough to do.

If I am wrong or you do have an explanation in your following parts feel free to correct me and tell me to wait. I am learning to obtain the patience of a Jedi Knight :blink:

Master Vandar lives!

I think the problem with storyline suggestions, especially super long ones where someone puts a lot of effort in, is that they'll not be used. I can't see a designer making a game and then implementing someone else's story idea.

I know I've made some storyline suggestions, but still seems a bit of a waste of effort.

You know, the whole time I kept thinking, what if Tipoca is really a sort of Blofeld-like villain trying to bring the very melting of icecaps about that he predicts, so that he can attain world domination... And you helped him by your actions
That's actually kind of a neat idea.

Kayne and Abil?!?
I'm sorry, when I came up with the whole twins thing, I couldn't resist something like that. I thought of famous historical siblings.

I also don't like the prospect of, "No, Abil, *I* am your brother/sister!! - NOOOOO!!!" It sounds far too familiar, and we already had a couple of very convenient separated twins. It's one thing they always warned about in the RPG - "don't try it - George Lucas may get away with it once, but you can't get away with it even that many times..."
Hmm. I guess I can't really argue with you there.

Also, the Aumen/Ben rescue has KotOR1's Bastila written all over it. I don't mind a character sacrificing himself/herself for the plot, but then kill them and at least try to avoid making it look so recognizable like the plague.
Really? I thought the way they came back was kinda cool and non-KoTOR 1-ish.

Sorry if I'm very blunt, though
Don't worry about it.

I think he would have been very powerful if he had true Sith blood.
Maybe you could blame the placebo effect? :thumbsup:"

Short note about Kamino as well as Tatooine. There have to happen more than just the things in your story. They look to much like Korriban on Kotor II. Not enough to do.
There would be sidequests a-plenty across these planets, I'm just not gonna go into detail about them all. All I'm doing is describing the main quests, and how to get the journals speedily.

Well, thanks for reading, guys!

could we have jedi not be able to use uncivilized weapons?

Like blasters? Obie Wan always refered to blasters as being uncivilized.

Yet he used one to kill General Grievous.