Kotor 3: Ideas and Suggestions

I want the smaller transport because the mini-games would be more exciting, if you didn't have the Ebon Hawk's invincible shields.  Plus, I really want to buy upgrades and parts for a more jedi-like transport.  You really eliminate the need for those extras if your pc is travelling on the Ebon Hawk, because...well, only a glitch will destroy you, lol.

Not sure why you think the Ebon Hawk is this big indestructable flying machine. It's about the equivalent of the Millennium Falcon, and that was quite destructable. It was just Han's piloting that kept it in one piece.

Actually, Davik said the shields were inpregnable, but couldn't out run the large fleet cannon field head-on without those launch codes to get off Taris in kotor. :blink:" So if you want to have the smaller ship-to-ship battles, you need to change the kotorEU or add a companion ship that isn't invincible in those kind of skirmishes. Have you ever been shot down by the sith 6-pack? Didn't think so...

Actually, Davik said the shields were inpregnable, but can't out run the large fleet cannon field...thats why you needed the codes to get off Taris in kotor. :blink:" So if you want to have the smaller ship-to-ship battles, you need to change the kotorEU or add a companion ship that isn't invincible in those kind of skirmishes.  Have you ever been shot down by the sith 6-pack?  Didn't think so...

Hmm...then explain why people could actually die in KOTOR I during your escape from Taris? If the ship was inpregnable like you (and Davik) say, then theoretically you should be able to leave the room, grab a snack, and return to find your ship still in one piece after those Sith Fighters attacked you. But lo and behold, game over if you sustain some damage.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Let us take the Boy Bands of yesteryear for example. Does anyone believe they'd sell that many copies of their substandard albums if they weren't the lovable cuties they apparently were?

It certainly wasn't their due to their singing prowess.

Okay, I don't have a large opinion either way wrt hoods (and masks); if it doesn't affect role-play then it's just cosmetic, and is a simple skin update (like many modders have already done, and in fact as Revan was clothed in K1). So it is a quick, cheap win.

I'd be surprised if the devs of any future KotOR game, if there is to be one, wouldn't add this cosmetic flourish, simply because it would make so many little boys happy for no effort.

Then again, maybe the devs would make the mistake of thinking that, because it is so easy, they might leave it till the last moment to add, and then run out of time in the dev cycle to actually put it in ... :blink:"

Some people were almost crying because they couldn[']t get beyond the mandatory shooter bit in KOTOR. Thats why they were made totally optional in KOTORII and the one time it wasn[']t optional you couldn[']t die anyway (on Peragus).

I'm sure you could die on Peragus II, if you let the Sith in, and then died fighting them. (I used to let them all in, because you don't get any XP for killing them with the turret. Still, you'd have to be a bit of a gimp to die killing them, but it must be possible.)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Just like people say a Tiger Tank is invincible.

Davik loved the Ebon Hawk, of course he's going to pass around the legends.

It's clearly not invincible as it CAN be shot down by Sith Fighters.

I have never been shot down by those sith-6pack of fighters, and have taken 5 minutes of laser fire just to see if it was even possible. The Ebon Hawk was ripped apart in the beginning of kotor2 by a surprise attack, and probably didn't have time to arm the shields.

Actually, Davik said the shields were inpregnable, but can't out run the large fleet cannon field...thats why you needed the codes to get off Taris in kotor. :blink:" So if you want to have the smaller ship-to-ship battles, you need to change the kotorEU or add a companion ship that isn't invincible in those kind of skirmishes.  Have you ever been shot down by the sith 6-pack?  Didn't think so...

Hmm...then explain why people could actually die in KOTOR I during your escape from Taris? If the ship was inpregnable like you (and Davik) say, then theoretically you should be able to leave the room, grab a snack, and return to find your ship still in one piece after those Sith Fighters attacked you. But lo and behold, game over if you sustain some damage.

Didn't those launch codes have to do with being tracked immediately off the surface of Taris? No ship shields can withstand a battery of one corellian ship, let alone a entire fleet locked on you before you leave the atmosphere. The Ebon Hawk's shields are invincible to the smaller ships. Is that a better statement? How bad do you have to play in order to get shot down by those little raider ships? It has never happened to me.

I'm sure you could die on Peragus II, if you let the Sith in, and then died fighting them. (I used to let them all in, because you don't get any XP for killing them with the turret. Still, you'd have to be a bit of a gimp to die killing them, but it must be possible.)

You could, but you didnt die in a mini game. Whether or not you died was down to your characters and thats the same as any other combat in the game. Even with a full ship it wasnt easy to die unless just charged into the middle of the ship and got caught in the crossfire. Which would kill you the same in any other situation in the game anyway.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I have never been shot down by those sith-6pack of fighters, and have taken 5 minutes of laser fire just to see if it was even possible. 

Me either, but many peoples complaints and the changing all the turret games to optional would lead me to believe that quite a few people did.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Just like people say a Tiger Tank is invincible.

Davik loved the Ebon Hawk, of course he's going to pass around the legends.

It's clearly not invincible as it CAN be shot down by Sith Fighters.

I have never been shot down by those sith-6pack of fighters, and have taken 5 minutes of laser fire just to see if it was even possible. The Ebon Hawk was ripped apart in the beginning of kotor2 by a surprise attack, and probably didn't have time to arm the shields.

Did you know that some people actually complained that the turret battles were too hard in KOTOR?

The Ebon Hawk is NOT invincible. Clearly the shields take damage, and clearly you can die from Sith fighters.

Did you know that some people actually complained that the turret battles were too hard in KOTOR?

The Ebon Hawk is NOT invincible.  Clearly the shields take damage, and clearly you can die from Sith fighters.

The shields did take damage, I remember one arc of the shield steadily and repeatedly flashing red, and a beeping noise, meaning that the shield was imminently going to collapse or had done so in that area ... though I was never in any actual danger ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

No ship shields can withstand a battery of one corellian ship, let alone a entire fleet locked on you before you leave the atmosphere.  The Ebon Hawk's shields are invincible to the smaller ships.  Is that a better statement?  How bad do you have to play in order to get shot down by those little raider ships?  It has never happened to me.

What are you talking about? If you "die" in that part of the game, it's because those Sith Fighters shot you down, not the big Capital ships. If the shields were as unbeatable as you say they are, then 6 Sith Fighters wouldn't be able to do anything.

The fact is the ONLY reason the Ebon Hawk appeared to have such strong shielding is because of how easy that mini-game was. Heck, they could have made you take on the Capital Ship with a jetpack and you'd survive as long as you were good enough at avoiding shots ("you" as in the gamer).

So I think you're confusing the gameplay mechanics with how good or bad the actual shielding of the Ebon Hawk is.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

To the present developers of K2 and any future series IP developers:

It is plain to see that simple a cosmetic strap-on to enable cloaks with hoods in multiple colours is the most cost-efficient "quick win" for a segment of target audience; 100% of teenagers want to play with hoods (probably analogous to their RL sartorial habits [pun intended]).

This is an easy way to make a future game look like it has been improved with no effort and definitely no silly expenses on superfluous writers. :lol:

Yes, and make it part of the character customization at the beginning of the game. If you can tap a button and it animates a melee/lightsaber in a non-combat mode, than you can have a button raise/lower the hood too. If we can choose the color and wear it above any clothes/armor we use later in the game, OE wouldn't have to design more of them. Just that initial set-up included before game play for the pc would be it...an extra perk seperate from the armor ratings.

Oh no, Tatooine again. Well, I shouldn't put it like that, it's just that I'm so tired of seeing Tatooine show up just about every single movie, game plot and novel in Star Wars - that Tatooine was not present in KotOR2 was one of the high points.

Besides, I don't really see much reasons for it here. HK-47 sets a trap for the party, they find more Naga Sadow clues, and they encounter a wayward Sith. All of this could just as easily have happened on just about any other planet (well, not Manaan perhaps...).

Well, there is sidequests across these planets, and I like Tatooine. Although quite a few have complained about Tatooine.
The Manaan interlude is nice enough, but if it's skippable anyway, there doesn't seem to be much point.
Money and EXP a plenty is in there. That's the point.

Thanks for reading!

Here's part 7 of my story as seen on Page 1 and 8.

--------------------------------------

Part 7

--------------------------------------

The Ebon Hawk flies over the green plains of Naboo and lands in an artificial settlement.

Upon leaving the ship, you are greeted by a Czerka corporation Twi

How about environment affecting combat? Well, rather than the same old combat with even ground everywhere, how about if you are on high ground during a combat, then you should have the advantage of elevation (see Episode III). If you are near a large rock or wall, then you can use that rock or wall as cover from blaster fire. And if there are explosives around and your blaster accidentaly strike them, everything around the explosive will go boom! And vehicles can explode if they get hit by a stray blaster. And if you're fighting in a star ship near a window area, you gotta be especially careful or you may get sucked into the vacuum. Maybe you can use the Force to lift up a heavy boulder and drop it on an enemy that you are in combat with? Or if you are fighting near a bottomless pit, you can use Force Push and push your foe into the endless pit. Thoughts?

Yes you have come up with some very good suggestions for someone of your abilities, you should be very proud of yourself.

Whos the big winner today?

Eddo, thats who.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

@Eddo

Be wary with the instakills like the bottomless pits though.

No one wants to be the recipent and watch their PC die because the enemy decides to force push them at that moment.

I like the ideas about combatants taking cover and perhaps getting bonuses to their defense.

As long as it remains primarily in control of the ruleset and not individual player skills, things could work...and I find your suggestions do adhere to this.

good idea, but how would you implement it?

the only way i can think of it working is as dialogue/interaction between jedi and sith characters. but would there be anything else to it? :wacko:

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

==>Shryke:

Thx for the question. Here's one possible implementation.

Plot stage 1 - A new enemy appears threatening both Jedi and Sith. The enemy is shown separately as viewed by the Jedi and as viewed by the Sith.

Plot stage 2 - A Jedi and a Sith are battling the new enemy at a location on a planet that is neither strongly LS or DS. Each is nearly defeated and forced to retreat. They find themselves together, forced to develop a strategy to defeat the common enemy. They realize that defeating the enemy will require certain items or actions that can only be provided by existing Sith worlds, and certain items or actions that can only be provided by existing Jedi worlds. The Jedi and Sith characters agree to work together to accomplish their goals, but conclude that hatred between Sith and Jedi runs so deep that they cannot reveal to either culture what they are actually doing. As they formulate their plan to visit the first of the two worlds [Jedi or Sith] they realize that the actual DS orientation of the Sith cannot be hidden from the "force sight" of the Jedi in the Jedi world, and the actual LS orientation of the Jedi cannot be hidden from the "force sight" of the Sith in the Sith world.

Plot Stage 3- They devise a plan to teach their opposite how to become more of their LS/DS opposite using encounters with NPC's on an independent world to adjust the orientation of one of them before visiting the other's world [A red or silver glow of each character could be shown during this learning period]. Via a series of encounters on the independent world, one character becomes enough like their opposite to adjust their own orientation just slightly past neutral to the orientation of the other.

Plot Stage 4 - The Sith and modified Jedi (or Jedi and modified Sith) then go to the Sith world (or to the Jedi world in the second case) and accomplish that part of their plan. The modified character must remain modified during this time to exist on their opposite world. The two must also work together, despite various arguments, to win several battles on the first world.

Plot Stage 5 - Repeat stages 3 and 4 for the other character.

Plot Stage 6