Kotor 3: Ideas and Suggestions

I would really appreciate the chance to build my own crew. I think you guys took a great step in that direction with KOTOR2 by adding Mira / Hanharr and Disciple / Handmaiden but I'd like to go a step beyond. I think you guys are talented enough to be able to create a bigger pool of NPCs with just as rich of a back story as the ones given in KOTOR2 and KOTOR.

Also, take the concept of seperate games further than just performing quests for different NPCs and getting to the same end (albeit different cut scenes)...

Also the combat was a big issue for me. I don't know what exactly needs to change but the hack fest got a bit tedious by the end stage. THANKS for not including a giant droid factory crawl at the end of this latest installment. (got it at the beginning instead ;) ... )

I would really appreciate the chance to build my own crew.  I think you guys took a great step in that direction with KOTOR2 by adding Mira / Hanharr and Disciple / Handmaiden but I'd like to go a step beyond.  I think you guys are talented enough to be able to create a bigger pool of NPCs with just as rich of a back story as the ones given in KOTOR2 and KOTOR. 

More NPCs is always good for the player, but it also means more work for the devs, and since there is only so many man-hours for each and every game, I'd rather they focused on plot first and everything else second. Number of NPCs comes some way down that list IMHO. I've actually suggested fewer potential NPCs, if that means we get better NPCs than in KotOR2. I also think the NPCs should be far more limited to dark side characters - you don't make friends by behaving like a jerk and sacrificing everyone around for your own evil ends. You could also tie the number of possible NPCs to the main character's Charisma ability, as they did in 2e AD&D - a character could have only as many NPCs as his or her Charisma modifier, for example. Oh no, now everybody will begin with Charisma 18+ in KotOR3, just out of fear that will happen :blink:

Also the combat was a big issue for me.  I don't know what exactly needs to change but the hack fest got a bit tedious by the end stage.  THANKS for not including a giant droid factory crawl at the end of this latest installment.  (got it at the beginning instead :shifty: ... )

Well, it's d20 combat... Not much you can do about that, I fear. Truth be told, I do like that it's at least turn-based combat, though it could certainly be a lot more strategic. But yes, it's d20, so it's basically all about hacking away at each other until somebody drops...

i suggest that Obsidian if OE is making K3 that they take their damn time!And put good romances with hot babes in them too :wub: , some robes with hoods would be nice, and Mandalorian Assault Armor like in K1(where the hell did the helmet go in K2?!),a real plot as well, and you actually get to join the Sith and be dubbed a Darth name, and real helmets instead of masks, and have your Party Members actually do/approve bad stuff that you and they do when they're Darkside :devil: ,and be able to fly fighters to defend something or another, and thats all i have to say. :shifty:

How about getting NPC's to fight each other?Well, you know on some parts of Dantooine when you were fighting beasts? How about while you are engaged in a fight with a pack of Krath hounds, you simply turn on force speed and run back to where the other civilians are, and they'll ask why you are running and you don't answer, but keep running. Then the Krath hounds come and the civilian pulls out a blaster and shoots them, or he runs away himself. Same thing in the Kinrath cave, the Kinrath can follow you even when you exit that cave area.

Hmm...interesting, Eddo. Actually, that might work if you wanted to add more realism to the game. One thing I would love to see is a dramatic reduction in loading screens. They were bad in K1 and got worse in K2. I would like to be able to go different places without having to pause in front of a loading screen often. And it can be done, many games do it already. A nice overhaul of the game engine and graphics would definitely help things.

Crew-wise, I think they should keep he option to be able to convert people into Jedi or Sith, but dramatically rework the influence system. Although, I highly doubt Obsidian is doing K3.

By the way,... Spaceballs is awesome. :rolleyes:

How about getting NPC's to fight each other?Well, you know on some parts of Dantooine when you were fighting beasts? How about while you are engaged in a fight with a pack of Krath hounds, you simply turn on force speed and run back to where the other civilians are, and they'll ask why you are running and you don't answer, but keep running. Then the Krath hounds come and the civilian pulls out a blaster and shoots them, or he runs away himself. Same thing in the Kinrath cave, the Kinrath can follow you even when you exit that cave area.

You previous suggestion (hint: bumping, brawling party members) was better than this latest one, ED'Oh; why don't you post that one instead?

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

havent read this for about a day but anyway...

Tie Defenders were used by more than just a single pilot. Yssane Isard took them and used 2 squadrons and had a factory to make them, 4 years after the main war.

I think that there shouldn't be so many people with Melee weapons, you hardly ever hear of using a melee and if you do it's always somthing you pull out when their back is turned, blasters and small virbo's plz. Also the lightsabers need to be the main weapon for any jedi. your npc's, once they become jedi need to be built around swinging that lightsaber.

And finially, I would like to be able to swing my lightsaber and hit anybody too close to me in a 70 degree arc.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I think that there shouldn't be so many people with Melee weapons, you hardly ever hear of using a melee and if you do it's always somthing you pull out when their back is turned, blasters and small virbo's plz. Also the lightsabers need to be the main weapon for any jedi. your npc's, once they become jedi need to be built around swinging that lightsaber.

And finially, I would like to be able to swing my lightsaber and hit anybody too close to me in a 70 degree arc.

Melee weapons are more common because Jedi are more common. It's much like how body armour was common until weapons technology rendered it obsolete.

If they(for example)used the NwN II engine I dont see any great problems in adapting the feats, such as cleave, great cleave, whirlwind attack etc.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I think new innovations to weapons would be good lets throw some decent weapons in like sith blades that either look different or actually have powers how bout a lightsaber trident and a double bladed lightsaber trident or even my favourite a bladed deathscythe.

Once agian better robes (robes with hoods) (robes with more upgrades) (no crappy colours) and for god sakes please some cool looking and also useful helmet/masks.

I think Bastilla should be running the Jedi academy on coruscant screw kotor 2's jedi they sucked like juhani. (w00t) I hope visas is dead for kotor 3 she had to be the worst of the characters couldn't beat the exile and could not even get her vengence by herself that is just so weak and pathetic. Also what if Kreia in all her insanity and pointless objectives killed juhani (YAY).

I find that having more jedi participants sucks keep the no of jedi small its more fun that way especially if your crew would seek to turn on you Mwuahhahahaha.

It would be kool also if you had to buy a ship to start off and there is like the Ebon Hawk and some other ship so you can choose to leave the Ebon Hawk. Or Maybe you could buy the new ship and due to some error the seller downloaded the contents of the navicomputer and gave you the Hawks contents for your new ship.

Dunno maybe we will have to be stuck with the hawk just to find revan or exile

I think what would be good is a padawan at coruscant who is in love and would give it all up for the love in the padawans life but due to a tragic event he/she gets killed so you leave the order pick up your ship from above head for korriban discover the secrets and burn trail for the outer rim. :) just speculation I dont mind on the story as long as it makes sense and flows like kotor 1

To the present developers of K2 and any future series IP developers:

It is plain to see that simple a cosmetic strap-on to enable cloaks with hoods in multiple colours is the most cost-efficient "quick win" for a segment of target audience; 100% of teenagers want to play with hoods (probably analogous to their RL sartorial habits [pun intended]).

This is an easy way to make a future game look like it has been improved with no effort and definitely no silly expenses on superfluous writers. :thumbsup:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Though the unmistakable scent of sarcasm coinciding with the topic regarding hoods has taken up residence in here, I must say I am all for hoods. It makes for atmosphere and should consume very little time in development. Just because most (even if not all) of us realise that it takes a bit more than that to make the game good, there is still no reason to dismiss the impact of such an introduction.

Let us take the Boy Bands of yesteryear for example. Does anyone believe they'd sell that many copies of their substandard albums if they weren't the lovable cuties they apparently were?

Or, better yet, compare it with your own real-life choice of clothes. You could technically wear any pair of trousers, and they'd fill their function. But you're much more likely to put on something you like and feel comfortable with both physically and mentally.

^Asinus asinorum in saecula saeculorum

OK, you do not have to eliminate the Ebon Hawk, but I would still prefer a smaller 2-seater ship for your pc, 1 other npc, and 1 external astromich droid slot(3 party standard). You also still have the same option of switching out party members as usual, but have the Ebon Hawk as a companion vessel. It can transport the rest of your npc's with Atton at the helm, and in some parts of the story you could split up for situational plots or simply be able to dock in opposite sides of any explorable area.

I want the smaller transport because the mini-games would be more exciting, if you didn't have the Ebon Hawk's invincible shields. Plus, I really want to buy upgrades and parts for a more jedi-like transport. You really eliminate the need for those extras if your pc is travelling on the Ebon Hawk, because...well, only a glitch will destroy you, lol.

2 transports could also open up the possiblity of the famous Millenium Falcon, er I mean Ebon Hawk, fly-in at the last second and save your arse cutscenes, with Han's, er I mean Atton's, smart-mouthed remarks!

I want the smaller transport because the mini-games would be more exciting, if you didn't have the Ebon Hawk's invincible shields.  Plus, I really want to buy upgrades and parts for a more jedi-like transport.  You really eliminate the need for those extras if your pc is travelling on the Ebon Hawk, because...well, only a glitch will destroy you, lol.

Not sure why you think the Ebon Hawk is this big indestructable flying machine. It's about the equivalent of the Millennium Falcon, and that was quite destructable. It was just Han's piloting that kept it in one piece.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I want the smaller transport because the mini-games would be more exciting, if you didn't have the Ebon Hawk's invincible shields.  Plus, I really want to buy upgrades and parts for a more jedi-like transport.  You really eliminate the need for those extras if your pc is travelling on the Ebon Hawk, because...well, only a glitch will destroy you, lol.

The mini games dont really have anything to do with how tough the EH is. But everything to do with some peoples attitudes to mini games in RPGs.

Some people were almost crying because they couldnt get beyond the mandatory shooter bit in KOTOR. Thats why they were made totally optional in KOTORII and the one time it wasnt optional you couldnt die anyway (on Peragus).

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]