Kotor 3: Ideas and Suggestions

I'd like to see a more rutheless villian. I'm tired of this "haha, you will die now, after hours of torture and plenty of time for you to think of how to escape" Instead of BAM! Lightsaber to the throat. :\

It's the first rule of pantomime villainy; the evil arch-nemesis must create an elaborate deathtrap for the hero to struggle in until the last-second escape and counter-attack that manages to kill them, even though the only purpose of creating such a trap is to give the baddie time to escape beyond reach.

If villains don't behave sillily then someone has to think and write, which has been prohibited under the KotOR Development Act.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

My own suggested planets?

Coruscant (beginning and finale)

Alderaan (a not so safe refuge...)

Sleheyron (Hutts and Exchange)

Myrkr (a jungle world which is Czerka's latest victim)

Khar Delba (now entering Sith space...)

Khar Shian (moon of Khar Delba, where Naga Sadow had a secret base)

Ziost (the Sith throneworld)

Coruscant (return for the grand finale that settles the war with the true Sith)

Wouldn't that list of planets ignore the fact that Revan and the Exile went into the Unknown Regions, though?

Personally, I was thinking it'd be more interesting if Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic III took the "Unknown Regions" opportunity to allow for the player to visit planets potentially never before even seen or spoken of in the rest of the Expanded Universe, rather than simply going to already-known worlds within the boundaries of the rest of the Expanded Universe's exploration.

My own suggested planets?

Coruscant (beginning and finale)

Alderaan (a not so safe refuge...)

Sleheyron (Hutts and Exchange)

Myrkr (a jungle world which is Czerka's latest victim)

Khar Delba (now entering Sith space...)

Khar Shian (moon of Khar Delba, where Naga Sadow had a secret base)

Ziost (the Sith throneworld)

Coruscant (return for the grand finale that settles the war with the true Sith)

Wouldn't that list of planets ignore the fact that Revan and the Exile went into the Unknown Regions, though?

Personally, I was thinking it'd be more interesting if Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic III took the "Unknown Regions" opportunity to allow for the player to visit planets potentially never before even seen or spoken of in the rest of the Expanded Universe, rather than simply going to already-known worlds within the boundaries of the rest of the Expanded Universe's exploration.

Agreed. The Sith planet should be new.

KOTOR 2 must be completed

Wouldn't they be known about after they had been visited, i.e. when the films (and a lot of the EU comics and novels) are set?

Well, "known about", maybe, but not necessarily spoken of or visited on any frequent basis. As I recall, flying through uncharted regions of space was said to be dangerous. So, even if characters like Revan and the Exile venture out there once, the worlds they visit might not exactly become hot tourist spots thereafter. Particularly true with Revan and the Exile, since their "war" has become one of relative shadow and secrecy. It wasn't as though they had a huge following of Galactic Republic troops and explorers going with them.

The "Unknown Planet" from the first game was located in the Unknown Regions, as I recall, just beyond the Outer Rim, but it wasn't as though anyone spoke about it in any novel or story set after.

Grand Admiral Thrawn ventured out into the Unknown Regions (I think for several years) and I don't think any of the planets he visited became common knowledge throughout the galaxy thereafter (not that there was much opportunity to sit down and chat with the man).

I wouldn't find it too implausible that planets visited in the Unknown Regions weren't any that were mentioned in stories set thereafter on the timeline.

yes thrawn was booted for several years.

Anyway, I find it odd that on the galactic map Ratakan was in the MIDDLE of the starfield. if it's supposed to be the outer rim wouldn't it be on the outside? or are they doing that for Asthetic reason?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

maybe a planet which you get dumped at because you may get captured. This planet should be a planet with very tough beasts where you unlikely would survive. It would be a step up from what we have seen in Kotor I and II so far.

I like this idea quite a lot, would you mind if I used it?

Heh, I gave you the advise to use it. Off course I wouldn't mind. It's better to work together to develop a great story, right?!

Master Vandar lives!

well the thing about very tough beasts is that when you arrive on a planet in kotor the beasties automatically change their level to suit yours. Imagine FF8's enemy system but each little zone has a different level that they stick to.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

well the thing about very tough beasts is that when you arrive on a planet in kotor the beasties automatically change their level to suit yours. Imagine FF8's enemy system but each little zone has a different level that they stick to.

Except none of them are remotely tough, even when they try to match your level. Attempting to balance based on the PC's level is necessary in non-linear games to an extent.

Yes yes, I am well aware of this :D

NWN did it too :lol:

Except none of them are remotely tough, even when they try to match your level.  Attempting to balance based on the PC's level is necessary in non-linear games to an extent.

You mostly need to fight things way above your level but less of them. Swarms are ok, but not in games like KOTOR where you can simply click the area attacks with no concern for your own party.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I think swarms should be used in certain circumstances, and a small number of tough units at other times.  It's all about variety.

As a general rule, I agree. But overall, I'd like to see fewer, tougher fights if there has to be combat. I don't think I'll get what I want though, because there seem to be a lot of people who think cutting through wave after wave of papier mache monsters is fun.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I think swarms should be used in certain circumstances, and a small number of tough units at other times.  It's all about variety.

Swarms dont have a function in KOTOR though. In games like IWD you used to have to find choke points so your weaker characters wouldnt get overun. In KOTOR there are no weak characters so no one needs protecting and the force powers make anything beneath your level fodder since it wont make its saves and wont have enough HPs to even get to you.

It could just be that the system is so flawed it cant be saved :lol:

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]