Your fondest RPG moment...

My favorite moment is RPGing happened when I killed a player character within 47 minutes of the start of a new campaign. It was ADnD 2e and I was running Return to the Keep on the Borderlands and the characters were a mix bag of primes and Sigil natives. The player was playing a wizard belong to the Taker faction and he decided not to listen to the natives when they saw a tower in the distance. Now, they were all 1st level characters mind you and this guy wanted to go to the tower. The Native PCs stated that no one has ever returned from that tower. It is death to go there. The party decided to do their mission and go to the caves.

The Taker Wizard went to the tower and noticed the door was open. He walked in, went up the stairs and came to a door. The door was locked so he decided to try to break it down by kicking it. Repeatedly.

This woke up the 20 hit die, 154 hit point House Mimic. Lets just say the Taker was lunch.

Harvey

My favorite moment is RPGing happened when I killed a player character within 47 minutes of the start of a new campaign.  It was ADnD 2e and I was running Return to the Keep on the Borderlands and the characters were a mix bag of primes and Sigil natives.  The player was playing a wizard belong to the Taker faction and he decided not to listen to the natives when they saw a tower in the distance.  Now, they were all 1st level characters mind you and this guy wanted to go to the tower.  The Native PCs stated that no one has ever returned from that tower.  It is death to go there.  The party decided to do their mission and go to the caves.

The Taker Wizard went to the tower and noticed the door was open.  He walked in, went up the stairs and came to a door.  The door was locked so he decided to try to break it down by kicking it.  Repeatedly.

This woke up the 20 hit die, 154 hit point House Mimic.  Lets just say the Taker was lunch.

I *hate* mimics. They really always seem to show up at the worst time possible.

"McDonald's taste damn good. I'd rtahe reat their wonderful food then the poisonous junk you server in your house that's for sure.

What's funny is I'm not fat. In fact, I'm skinny. Though I am as healthy as cna be. Outside of being very ugly, and the common cold once in the blue moon I simply don't get sick."

- Volourn, Slayer of Yrkoon!

"I want a Lightsaber named Mr. Zappy" -- Darque

"I'm going to call mine Darque. Then I can turn Darque on anytime I want." -- GhostofAnakin

Hmmmm I would have to say my fondest moment came while DMing a small group in the city of Westgate in the FR's.

There was a Halfling Rogue/Warrior 3/2, a human Warrior/Bard 3/2 and an Elven Ranger 5.

It all started when they were hired to be guards for a caravan going to Westgate and it was attacked by a group of thugs and assassins along the way. The assassins were of course after the merchant that hired them but during a valiant effort on the PC's part he was killed.

The merchants wife dealing with great remorse and anger then threw the PC's a bag of gold and are promised much more if they would hunt down and take revenge on the people responsible.

Upon arriving in Westgate the party manages to find a few shady folk and proceed to lay down some bribes and in turn they receive a tip leading them to a tavern of ill repute where they may find a greater store of info.

So they shuffle off to this bar and after a few thinly disguised (and rather loud I might add) inquiries, chairs slide out and a small gang is upon the PC's.

Now this fight is by no means a tough one for them as it is basically half a dozen lvl 2's and a lvl 3 to contend with and after the first round it was looking as you would guess with 3 of the thugs already down and a minor wound or two to the PC's.

Then the bottom fell out...the dreaded "1 roll" and not just one of the PC's was swept up by this unfortunate event, ALL THREE OF THEM ROLLED A 1!

Now I gotta tell ya's that at this point i'm having trouble breathing behind my very thinly protected DM screen because of the laughter overcoming me and the dice being flung at me.

Suffice it to say when i finally get my senses back (and the players running out of dice to throw of course :- ) and finish up the fight all 3 PC's wake up in a dark damp alley beat up, half naked and completely purged of all pridefull thoughts.

That was by far the most i ever laughed in a session over one single happening and to this day it is still referred to simply as "D-Day"

Thanks

Finny

****ALANSCHU INFLUENCE: INCREASED****

"Something's wrong here"

:ermm: :alanschu:

You used the Ninjaicon! :cool:

Ninjas are just totally sweet and awesome since they flip out and kill people ALL the time.

Clearly you have taste.

***JAGUARS4EVER INFLUENCE: INCREASED***

-----

As for my favortite RPG moment, hmm...

Well, there was that time I rolled about half a dozen natural twenty's in a row. I swear the die wasn't fixed. :-"

manthing2.jpg

Well, there was that time I rolled about half a dozen natural twenty's in a row. I swear the die wasn't fixed.  :blink:"

Statistically something like that is bound to happen on occasion, though half a dozen times is indeed unusual to say the least.

I once played a wizard who had just reached 5th level in D&D (Greyhawk) and begun casting fireballs. The second fireball he cast came up with all 6s on all five dice! :)

Our GM was so surprised he asked me to roll again just to see that I hadn't tricked him. Then he accepted the first roll ;)

Last weekend I was having a hard time with my d20... I kept rolling really low, and I started cursing at my dice. The guys were all, "No, you don't SWEAR at your dice! No wonder you keep getting bad rolls! You have to speak nicely to it!"

And to support what they were all saying, the GM kissed his d20 and said fondly, "Gimme a 20, baby!"

Sure enough... 20.

That hit hurt a LOT, too.

Now that I think about it, I'm not sure if it's really a "fond moment" for me, as my character got seriously injured and almost was knocked unconscious underwater, but it certainly was amusing at the time. :)

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

I had not seen that video before. It does indeed rock. I love that guys yell of "leeroy!" :thumbsup:

And of course, like every gung ho fool he gets his mates killed.

The chatter on the net during the attack is priceless. I may have to get WoW just so i can see stuff like that.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I nominate Leeroy for a really quick NPC role in the next Obs game.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.