Kotor 3: Ideas and Suggestions

as a new planet i would like to see Dagobah (yoda's homeplanet) where you somehow get a yoda specie as a NPC also i would like to see different lightsabremodels and if it would be to difficult to built a lightsabremodification tool into the game i would like to see something like the Ultimate Lightsabre Mod for KOtoR II.

as a new planet i would like to see Dagobah (yoda's homeplanet) where you somehow get a yoda specie as a NPC

About the "Yoda" species, you could think of Master Vandar.

There is only one small hint by Vrook (in the Jedi Enclave / Not in Koonda where he talked about Zhar and Dorak) saying that he went to Katarr but the other Jedi Masters also thought that Atris went to Katarr.

I would appreciate if Vandar would be an NPC in Kotor III but I have heard others saying that they wouldn't like that. That's their opinion. Hopefully he will be in Kotor III.

O and eh, Vandar didn't die when Revan went DS in Kotor I. He used his escape pod just like Revan / Carth / Bastila and some republic soldiers did on the Endar Spire. Battle Meditation isn't all that matters Bastila.

1. PC cannot be Revan or The Exile. By the end of either game both characters are rediculously powerful, especially The Exile, so playing a third game as them is just unreasonable.

But you don't know what happened to Revan or the Exile. What if they lost their connection to the Force? Where captured by the true sith who erased their memories and need to learn the force again or whatever the devolpers can come up with?!

Master Vandar lives!

Um, Hildie, have you ever read 1984 ?

Back On-Topic: please read Saberist: (<{POST_SNAPBACK}>)

I didn't read 1984, I know what's it about, a part from that....but when I saw things on the link I posted, well come on dude :thumbsup:

Well, if you can't be bothered to read one of the seminal philosophical works of the twentieth century, at least read the summary: 1984!

Animal Farm by the same author is a nice warm-up to 1984.

^Asinus asinorum in saecula saeculorum

as a new planet i would like to see Dagobah (yoda's homeplanet) where you somehow get a yoda specie as a NPC

About the "Yoda" species, you could think of Master Vandar.

There is only one small hint by Vrook (in the Jedi Enclave / Not in Koonda where he talked about Zhar and Dorak) saying that he went to Katarr but the other Jedi Masters also thought that Atris went to Katarr.

I would appreciate if Vandar would be an NPC in Kotor III but I have heard others saying that they wouldn't like that. That's their opinion. Hopefully he will be in Kotor III.

O and eh, Vandar didn't die when Revan went DS in Kotor I. He used his escape pod just like Revan / Carth / Bastila and some republic soldiers did on the Endar Spire. Battle Meditation isn't all that matters Bastila.

1. PC cannot be Revan or The Exile. By the end of either game both characters are rediculously powerful, especially The Exile, so playing a third game as them is just unreasonable.

But you don't know what happened to Revan or the Exile. What if they lost their connection to the Force? Where captured by the true sith who erased their memories and need to learn the force again or whatever the devolpers can come up with?!

Yes, but that's one of my points as well. I would be realyl disappointed if the developers of KOTOR III used the whole "erased memory" or "lost force connection" story line again. It's already been done twice that's enough. The next game has to be different.

I mean seriously, how lame would it be to start KOTOR III only to find out you character was....wait for the plot twist....REVAN, and you need to re-establish your connection to the force in order to stop the impending Sith threat.

Wait, that was the entire plot to the first KOTOR. :huh:

Hello everyone, I rarely post here, but would like to contribute to the ongoing KOTOR III discussion.  These are just a few things I think have to apply to the next game in order for it to not only complete the story set by the previous games, but also function as a solid RPG that makes sense.

Welcome.

1. PC cannot be Revan or The Exile.  By the end of either game both characters are rediculously powerful, especially The Exile, so playing a third game as them is just unreasonable.

Total agreement on my part, though we do need them in the game.

I also don't think making Revan and Exile NPC's is much of a problem.  There are simple ways to get around interacting with these two characters that are critical to the story, but all the customization allowed in the previous games shouldn't really affect how things play out in KOTOR III.

Yes. My own suggestion was to make them "semi-PCs", which means that they become optional main characters once you meet them. They wouldn't appear until rather far into the game, which makes their high-levels of the previous games approachable. Yes, they would lose some levels, but bringing them into the game is always going to be a problem, since people played them in all sorts of different ways with various class-options and so. So people will have to rebuild them in some way, if they are to appear at all. I find that to be the lesser of two evils. Maybe a comment about whether the were consulars, guardians, or sentinels should be available early in the game, when you will presumably set their gender and alignment. Sure, they might lose levels, particularly the Exile, but if they're both around level 16+ when you meet them, it really won't be a major problem.

2. A new intro is desperatley needed.  The beginning to KOTOR II was already too reminiscent of KOTOR I, so the whole waking up in a lost world with no memory thing has to be avoided.  In KOTOR III something very simple should be used such as the PC being a Jedi Padawan who spend all his/her life up till now training under a Jedi Master.  There is a "seamingly" simple backstory to the character, which is good, because I think KOTOR's story should be MORE about Revan and the True Sith/Rebuilding the Jedi Order than necessarily the PC's own story.

Seems a lot of us want to begin with a young padawan training under a master on Coruscant... It was my suggestion too, and I was scarcely the only one. And we all seem to hate the idea of yet another amnesic jedi...

3. New planets.  We need to see new planets.  Corescount (sp?) is a must.  The only old planet I'd like to see is Dantooine, as that is a location of major significance in both previous games.

Yeah, we really need Coruscant. I don't agree with Dantooine, though. It's probably the planet I want to see least of all (except, perhaps, Tatooine). We've now seen it twice in as many games, and it's a ruin anyway... I'd much rather see Alderaan, Myrkr, and Sleheyron. And I want to see the Sith worlds Khar Delba/Khar Shian and Ziost.

4. Keep the gameplay mechanics relatively the same.  The last thing the final chapter in this trilogy of games needs is to totally rework the basic gameplay.  Leave the combat the same, party interaction pretty much the same, etc.  Minor tweaking is certainly welcome though, along with new features as no one want to "play" the exact same game again.  The Influence system needs some fine tuning.  Either that or loose it all together.

Definitely. There has been much speculation about a new graphics engine, but to be honest I really don't care - I just want the plot to be solid and the game to be finished...

as a new planet i would like to see Dagobah (yoda's homeplanet) where you somehow get a yoda specie as a NPC also i would like to see different lightsabremodels and if it would be to difficult to built a lightsabremodification tool into the game i would like to see something like the Ultimate Lightsabre Mod for KOtoR II.

Dagobah isn't Yoda's homeplanet - it's just were he went into exile to hide from the Sith while the Empire ruled the galaxy. IIRC, the Thrawn trilogy suggests he went there because the 'place strong with the dark side' would hide his own light side presence, and so he would remain undetected by the Sith there (same for Obi-Wan on Tatooine, btw).

Yoda's (and Vandar's) species remains a mystery, as does their homeworld.

Dagobah isn't Yoda's homeplanet - it's just were he went into exile to hide from the Sith while the Empire ruled the galaxy. IIRC, the Thrawn trilogy suggests he went there because the 'place strong with the dark side' would hide his own light side presence, and so he would remain undetected by the Sith there (same for Obi-Wan on Tatooine, btw).

If the stuff in the Hand of Thrawn duology are to be believed, then it was some Dark Jedi master who landed on Dagobah and Yoda defeated him, but his dark side energy remained, helping mask Yoda. Or something like that. <_<

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Hiya, been a while since I have posted here.

I have a few ideas for the storyline of K3.

I think that you should start the game as a Jedi padawan 15 years after K2. Instead of going through the same tired "I have no memory or I lost my powers and crashed on this planet with these people I do not know and need to spend the first 3hrs of the game just getting to someplace where I can look at a light saber yadaa yadaa yadaa." By starting as a padwan you can train the new players that may be picking the game up for the first time in the basics of the game and give all of us that have played since 1 what we really want and that is a light saber from the start. The starting light saber can be just that. A training saber. It does a base damage and can not be upgraded. Your main char will be a paddy on the verge of his knight trials. The start of the game could consist of various Jedi training such as basic force power use and basic saber forms. The last part of your training could be going into some crystal cave and finding your force crystal and tuning it. Then crafting your saber. You can choose from 10 types of hilts and several possible color crystals. The hilt is a fixed part of you char from the start. The color crystals can still be looted/found etc... Throughout the game as well as the power ups. Once you have completed all of this you are ready for your knight trial.

You will be summoned to the council

Another one of my favourites. :cool:

For some reason; I never liked Animal Farm. Oh yes, I did get the meaning and intertextuality, but I never fancied it as clever as most deem it to be.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I think your ideas above are rather good.

Alright, I really didn't want to get into this yet, as my story isn't totally fleshed out or finished yet. But I'll just tell you guys the basic idea behind my "KOTOR III fantasy story" or whatever you want to call it.

It starts with your selected customized character in the chambers of a Jedi Master. Your young padawan is kneeling before your master, and it being "tested" on knowledge as part of your training. I'm assuming any good Jedi training would require knowledge history and past Jedi related events etc. so your master is asking you a series of questions about the past. He/she asked you about the mandalorian wars, the Jedi Civil Wat, Malek and Revan, The Exile and Telos and the reconstruction of Dantooine, and all that fun stuff. Here is the perfect opportunity to set up all the necessary events from the previous two games. Your answers to your masters questions will determine the outcomes of the previous games, similarly to the Atton Rand meeting in KOTOR II, although this would be much more obvious to new players of the game.

Anyway, the story... During your studies with your master, the Jedi Academy you are attending is attacked. I don't know where the Academy should be. Telos maybe? Not Coruscant though.

In the fight to save the Academy from this mysterious new attacker, your master comes to face the leader of this group, appearantly a Dark Jedi. Maybe a Sith Lord? You run out of your master's quarters drawing sabers with the rest of the students and masters present, trying to seek out your master. But just as they cmoe into view, you witness the final fight between your master and the Dark Jedi. Your master is killed. By now the enemy is beginning to retreat, seamingly having accomplished it's goal, although many of the Academy are spared.

Your shocked padawan is approached by the strange force-user who killed your master, kneeling down to your hight. Almost like a parent would to console a child. The conversation goes something like this:

Dark Jedi: "Do not fear me child. I mean you no harm. I am sorry for what happened to your master, but certain events are unavoidable. Yes, you are indeed a strong one youngling. You will become a great asset in the things to come. Listen closely. You must complete your training here. When you have learned all there is for you here, travel to Coruscant. Your destiny awaits you there. No doubt, things will become much clearer, not just for you, but for all the Jedi counsil, by the time you have left this place. Stay safe child."

The Dark Jedi leaves before the remaining masters at the Academy can reach the padawan. You can feel something very familiar about the mysterious Jedi. Not in a personal way, but the force tells you there is something very familiar about that person. But who is it???

Wait and see. :thumbsup:

Maybe I'll post some more later, but this is basically the intro I have in mind for a story. Eventually the PC will complete the training at the Academy, and maybe pick up a party member or two. With no true master guiding you, you leave the Academy when you feel ready. You feel a strange pull. You remember what the stranger said to you and travel to Coruscant. What awaits you there? Do you seek to fulfill your destiny, or do you seek revenge? And who exactly was it that killed your master? There's only one way to find out.

I think that you should start the game as a Jedi padawan 15 years after K2. Instead of going through the same tired "I have no memory or I lost my powers and crashed on this planet with these people I do not know and need to spend the first 3hrs of the game just getting to someplace where I can look at a light saber yadaa yadaa yadaa." By starting as a padwan you can train the new players that may be picking the game up for the first time in the basics of the game and give all of us that have played since 1 what we really want and that is a light saber from the start. The starting light saber can be just that. A training saber. It does a base damage and can not be upgraded. Your main char will be a paddy on the verge of his knight trials. The start of the game could consist of various Jedi training such as basic force power use and basic saber forms. The last part of your training could be going into some crystal cave and finding your force crystal and tuning it. Then crafting your saber. You can choose from 10 types of hilts and several possible color crystals. The hilt is a fixed part of you char from the start. The color crystals can still be looted/found etc... Throughout the game as well as the power ups. Once you have completed all of this you are ready for your knight trial.

All I wish for a story line for Kotor 3 is another sith uprising with Darth Traya as the leader of the of the sith (not the true sith) and that your PC is throw straight into the battlefield with Jedi Master e.g Visas Marr, Atton Rand and others.

After the war you take part in a few missions for the Jedi Council. While you are taking part in another  you accidentally come across the "True Sith"........

That's kind of hard to write for when Darth Traya (Kreia) gets killed in both the LS and DS ending of TSL.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I think that they should take this in the direction of something like pokemon. what i mean is that the pokemon games have two different versions for each story they come up with right? so i think they should make a light side version and a darkside version for kotor3. what version you choose is based on what side you chose revan and the exile to take and have the two versions of the story be completely different from eachother rather then having both sides intertwined as one story.

Actually it's a fairly good idea, I thought that you would want the NPC's to appear out of little airtight balls... and evolve.

Only problem is it would take all the choice out of the gameplay.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Another one of my favourites. :cool:

For some reason; I never liked Animal Farm. Oh yes, I did get the meaning and intertextuality, but I never fancied it as clever as most deem it to be.

Um, it's a very cute story, really.

And I really enjoy the weft and warp of the prima facie fable with the profound satircal social deconstruction. Still, it doesn't hold a candle to 1984; that has to be one of the best novels ever written.

All I wish for a story line for Kotor 3 is another sith uprising with Darth Traya as the leader of the of the sith (not the true sith) and that your PC is throw straight into the battlefield with Jedi Master e.g Visas Marr, Atton Rand and others.

After the war you take part in a few missions for the Jedi Council. While you are taking part in another  you accidentally come across the "True Sith"........

That's kind of hard to write for when Darth Traya (Kreia) gets killed in both the LS and DS ending of TSL.

Zombie Traya!

I think that they should take this in the direction of something like pokemon. what i mean is that the pokemon games have two different versions for each story they come up with right? so i think they should make a light side version and a darkside version for kotor3. what version you choose is based on what side you chose revan and the exile to take and have the two versions of the story be completely different from eachother rather then having both sides intertwined as one story.

Yes.

It starts with your selected customized character in the chambers of a Jedi Master.  Your young padawan is kneeling before your master, and it being "tested" on knowledge as part of your training.  I'm assuming any good Jedi training would require knowledge history and past Jedi related events etc. ... Here is the perfect opportunity to set up all the necessary events from the previous two games.  Your answers to your masters questions will determine the outcomes of the previous games, similarly to the Atton Rand meeting in KOTOR II, although this would be much more obvious to new players of the game.

This is a good idea that incorporates the

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Only problem is it would take all the choice out of the gameplay.

Perhaps, but you make your choice by which game you buy. People tend towards one type or the other although I expect the blue version to outsell the red in this case.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]