HAPPY! HAPPY! JOY! JOY!

Im 64 kilogram at 180cm so Im sort of on the opposite end.

183.5 cm and 61 kilos here. I think I've got you beat. I've got the metabolism of a ferret, and I'm also very fidgety. (research shows people who couldn't sit still if their live depended on it are probably skinny)

Anyone got advice on gaining weight besides such sillyness as eating more? I eat four meals a day and basically snack all day long, plus eat loads of fruit.

No, it's not a medical condition.

Give it as least two weeks, and if during those two weeks you break down and take the bus a few days, make sure to walk longer than you currently are. This will help the muscles remember what they were suppose to do in the first place.

True Neutral:

Mate, if I was like that I'd just carry right on with the beer and eating pies. And I would laugh a lot. Enjoy it. >_<

EDIT: I'm not like that, and am a chunky s.o.b., but eat pies, drink beer and laugh a lot anyway.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I am seventeen. I haven't actually talked to someone about nutrition but I figure I eat healthy enough. I eat plenty of vegetables and fruit, as well as meat. The only thing I don't do is butter my bread, since I consider butter to be quite filthy. I also eat more than most people I know do. They are astounded at my utter inability to gain weight.

183.5 cm and 61 kilos here. I think I've got you beat. I've got the metabolism of a ferret, and I'm also very fidgety. (research shows people who couldn't sit still if their live depended on it are probably skinny)

Anyone got advice on gaining weight besides such sillyness as eating more? I eat four meals a day and basically snack all day long, plus eat loads of fruit.

Yes, I saw a nutritionalist back in the 80s (before it was trendy), and I had the same complaint as you, Neutral.

Basically, remember the food pyramid at all times. Her advice to me was to add olive oil to salads and food in general. Olive oil is good because it is mono-unsaturated and can be eaten cold. Don't eat fried foods, heating oil chages its chemical composition (to polysaturated and worse, full of free radicals).

One of my favourite meals is pasta added to a plate of olive oil and tabasco (with salt and cracked pepper, to taste). Add half-a-dozen olives or some capers for some piquancy. (Not that I have a problem adding weight now, the metabolism tends to slow down after thirty. And my partner is a good cook.)

Oh, chilli is good for imcreasing your metabolism, so you might want to try it without.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I am seventeen. I haven't actually talked to someone about nutrition but I figure I eat healthy enough. I eat plenty of vegetables and fruit, as well as meat. The only thing I don't do is butter my bread, since I consider butter to be quite filthy. I also eat more than most people I know do. They are astounded at my utter inability to gain weight.

I was that way for the first 26 years of my life. I couldn't gain weight to save my life. Now suddenly I put on about 30-40 lbs. this year. Mind you I probably needed to put on about 20.

Use olive oil instead of butter. it's healthier, and tstes better.

Do what the Sumo Wrestlers do, eat a bowl of pasta and then have a nap; that'll add some pounds. (Recently heard that carbs make you sleepy, whereas protein wakes you up, too, for what its worth.)

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I used to run in combat dress five miles up and down the beach all of the time. That was on top of the normal work out regimine. I don't think you should worry about bulking up as it's almost certainly going to happen to you eventually anyhow. I've been this height, 6'2", and ranged in weight from 168 to 275 pounds. 200 is a good balance for me. I like having some muscle, but I don't much care for the spare tire I currently have. At 275, I even looked fat, which isn't true at 240. After all, clothes are great for hiding the pounds.

The beginning of the 30s killed me, but I've been retaking control over my physique of late. My doctors tell me my life depends on it. ...Bunch of dramatic bastards if you ask me.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

My brother was in an infantry division, and he used to "go bush" for six months of the year (and spent the other six months weight training twice a day), so he managed to yo-yo between musclebound and normal (very little food out on man

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I always thought Carbs keep your head sharp, and too much protein messes your body up(for example farting a lot).

TrueNeutral - I would suggest what Darth Flatus said: eat a lot of protein (no egg yoke though, high cholestero, kills you in the long runl), and do heavy weightlifting.

That's good and all but being healthy is less about what you eat and more about how much you eat and how much you work out. Keep doing what you're doing and if you aren't working out, work out!

I feel ashamed now about being so glib. Yes, it is more complex than just eating a lot, and I'd agree with what everyone has been saying. I also understand that ye might want to bulk out.

However, the root of your problem is that you feel bad about how you look, and I'd suggest you come to terms with your metabolism at the same time as you do what you can to alter it. It sounds to me as if you're unlikely to effect a huge change, and there's no sense in being unhappy about what you can't 'fix'.

As an aside from the weight issue, you could consider meditation as an aid to being more calm. I'm not one of those people who say it changes your life, but it's a handy life-skill, like being able to recite poetry or play the piano. Or kill people with post-it notes.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I'm 6'4" and 215 lbs, but around christmas I weighted 255. Just by changing my eating habits I was 210 in middle february. I try to work out more, and soon I'll start a martial arts training (don't know which yet, any suggestion?). I was thinking about kung fu or taekwondo. I need to add some muscle on me, I'm flabby.

56kg and 170cm here, on a diet of potatoes, bread, pasta, and chicken. I'm a carb burning machine, baby. :) :)

I laugh at you, so-called Neutral-True, and your silly Frrroo-its. Now go away or I shall-a taunt you a second time. :D

Actually, I'd like to gain some weight too, but I'd like to gain it as muscle, and due to my horrendous diet, I'm constantly paranoid that if I exercise more than a little I'll start gaining all that weight as fat, and turn from a small scrawny geek into a big huge overweight one with no friends.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

56kg and 170cm here, on a diet of potatoes, bread, pasta, and chicken.  I'm a carb burning machine, baby. ;):p

I laugh at you, so-called Neutral-True, and your silly Frrroo-its.  Now go away or I shall-a taunt you a second time. :D

Actually, I'd like to gain some weight too, but I'd like to gain it as muscle, and due to my horrendous diet, I'm constantly paranoid that if I exercise more than a little I'll start gaining all that weight as fat, and turn from a small scrawny geek into a big huge overweight one with no friends.

Gaining muscle mass is not easy. That's why there are loads of body-building books, videos and "magic formul

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

56kg and 170cm here, on a diet of potatoes, bread, pasta, and chicken.  I'm a carb burning machine, baby. :p :p

I laugh at you, so-called Neutral-True, and your silly Frrroo-its.  Now go away or I shall-a taunt you a second time. :D

Gaining muscle mass is not easy. That's why there are loads of body-building books, videos and "magic formul

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Having gone for both endurance and for mass, I can say that endurance traioning is far more fun. It also has the more useful side-effects in terms of making you feel healthier. Speaking purely from personal experience.

I have to add that in my experience of soldier-elites, like the paras (and others) they train for endurance.

Not to get all confused in the thread, but this is a human factor that could come more into fighting games. I mean fair play you can swing a six foot sword one handed, but can you carry it four hundred miles to teh Forbidden temple, and how long can you swing it before you get tired, and the filthy greenskins swarm you? this could add a serious strategic element to even simple fighting games.

-Elwood Blues

Having gone for both endurance and for mass, I can say that endurance traioning is far more fun. It also has the more useful side-effects in terms of making you feel healthier. Speaking purely from personal experience.

I have to add that in my experience of soldier-elites, like the paras (and others) they train for endurance.

Not to get all confused in the thread, but this is a human factor that could come more into fighting games. I mean fair play you can swing a six foot sword one handed, but can you carry it four hundred miles to teh Forbidden temple, and how long can you swing it before you get tired, and the filthy greenskins swarm you?  this could add a serious strategic element to even simple fighting games.

WTF?

Are you posting relevant stuff in WO-T ? What are you trying to do, ruin WO-T ? ;)

That would take years!  What do you think I am, motivated? :)

Yes, but you would start to see real results after a month, and people would notice a big difference after about three months.

Also, you begin to feel a lot better, which creates its own little "virtuous feedback cycle", so that you really enjoy getting fit, and achieving results.

It needn't take up as much time as you think: an hour of training four times a week is sufficient to make a big difference. Getting fit, I've cut two hours a night off my total sleeping time, making a net gain of one hour a day, for example.

:p

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I remember when I was 12 years old I was more then chubby, after 6 years of intensive rowing training it did miracles for me and beyond.

In my opinion rowing is one of the best ways for an individual to shape up, no mistake about it, I assure you.

Just want to tell the people who are trying to bulk up this: Arnold's bodyingbuilding techniques have major flaws. Arnold has the best genetic in the world, and his training methods are not conventional at all. Most professional bodybuilders find his techniques quite ineffective.

For example, to bulk up, high intensity training is much more effective than high volume training. Nobody else except Arnold can get those big biceps by doing only 60lb dumbbell curls.

So unless you feel your genes are just as good as Arnold's and I would suggest read some one else's bodybuilding manual.

Very tough on the back, though, so be careful.

Swimming is regarded as perhaps the best single activity (the water supports the body, whilst sapping the heat and massaging the internal organs as you swim).

Gotta love an exercise that compels you to finish on pain of death

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT