Install error - CRC

Hi All.

I too am having a install error. I get about 2 seconds in and I get the CRC error with a .bif file. Specifically the dialogs.bif, but I've had the same error with a couple others.

Now before you say it I have already changed the disk thinking it might be faulty. However no luck on the new one either.

Any thoughts? Could it be my graphics driver? I'm using the 4.2 catalyst driver for better performance with KOTOR 1, and am loath to up grade quite yet. (oh my card is an ATI 9600 128mb)

thanks

Either you got another bad disc, your optical drive is bad, or the sector on your hard drive is bad.

When installing, it is just reading files off the disc and copying them to your hard drive. Your video card drive hasn't come into play yet.

Still I'd recommend upgrading your drivers none the less. The Omega alternate ATI drivers are pretty good.

Either you got another bad disc, your optical drive is bad, or the sector on your hard drive is bad.

One of these is most likely the case. CRC errors usually mean somehwere during the process of copying, there's some corrupted data.

You should do a scan disk/chkdsk on your hard drive to check for errors. Also try running a memory test ( http://www.memtest86.com/ ) if you're still having problems.

Another thing to look at would be to check to see if something is wrong with the IDE cables inside your computer, but that probably isn't the cause.