The official late 80's eary 90's TV series thread

Yes, as a matter of fact. The show had to end however, when after some wacky hijinx Denver accidentally foils the plan to stop an incoming asteroid.

The eternal conundrum, to kill Gilligan and risk that his incompetence would have saved your life, or to preserve him and ensure he will ruin your escape.

Yes, as a matter of fact. The show had to end however, when after some wacky hijinx Denver accidentally foils the plan to stop an incoming asteroid.

The eternal conundrum, to kill Gilligan and risk that his incompetence would have saved your life, or to preserve him and ensure he will ruin your escape.

Oh ya I remember that episode, it "spilled over" into an episode of Quantum Leap that later "spilled over" into an episode of Herman's Head

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Was that the "Jumping the Shark" moment?
Sadly metadigital, that moment was when Denver jumped over a Megalodon shark on a stone motorcycle.

Oh ya I remember that episode, it "spilled over" into an episode of Quantum Leap that later "spilled over" into an episode of Herman's Head.

That was a good episode of Quantum Leap.

No-one remembers Benson. :'(

Benson DuBois? The Govenor's Chief of Staff, with Pete (the Press Secretary, later to play that boring alien mess sergeant in ST: Voyager), and Clayton Endicott III (who ended up as the shapeshifter in ST: DS9).

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

The thread was originally about Tropical/Action style shows.  Now it is just mentioning every TV show that aired in the 80's.

I do realise this. Not sure why you had to point this out as I saw shows like Benson being mentioned which isn't action nor a tropical show.

And I don't see Dr. Who as just an 80's show because it has spanned so any decades.

Seems irrelevant when people mention shows from the sixties like Gilligans Island. So the 80's, 90's reference seems to be irrelevant too.

Well the thread is about 80's and early 90's shows, with the first part covering tropical shows. I am pretty sure that remit was fullfilled (unless anyone can think of another show) so it is perfectly acceptable to widen the remit to other 80's and early 90's shows. Mr Barlast has kindly amended the thread title to reflect this fact.

I'm not sure Dr Who fits because it is a brtish sci fi show spanning five decades and it is still running.

I do realise this. Not sure why you had to point this out as I saw shows like Benson being mentioned which isn't action nor a tropical show.

Because you asked why Dr. Who hadn't been mentioned.

No, I didn't ask a question. I made a statement. If I had asked a question, it would have been something like, "Has Doctor Who been mentioned?"

Well the thread is about 80's and early 90's shows, with the first part covering tropical shows. I am pretty sure that remit was fullfilled (unless anyone can think of another show) so it is perfectly acceptable to widen the remit to other 80's and early 90's shows. Mr Barlast has kindly amended the thread title to reflect this fact.

I'm not sure Dr Who fits because it is a brtish sci fi show spanning five decades and it is still running.

It stopped in 1989 and has been revived after a decade. I don't see a problem with it being British or sci-fi and not mentioning it, since the thread title covers all genres.

Dr Who is NOT an 80's early 90's show.. I would classify it as a 70's show if anything

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Because you asked why Dr. Who hadn't been mentioned.

No, I didn't ask a question. I made a statement. If I had asked a question, it would have been something like, "Has Doctor Who been mentioned?"

Already moving up my list of favourite people.....

Regardless, you made a comment indicating the lack of Dr. Who, and he gave an explanation.