Most weird bug

Hi all,

Being a huge fan of KOTOR 1, I was eager to play KOTOR 2 and I just bought my copy last sunday when I upgrade my video card :D

Sad thing is: I reached TELOS and when I enter the Shuttle area, the game sometimes CRASH and REBOOT my machine. :( This doesnt happens everytime, but happens often (I'm still exploring the area since I just have time to play in the weekend). I did update the game but it keeps crashing-rebooting.

I'm also playing Battle for Middle Earth and this problem only happens with KOTOR2.

I search through the forums for something related and found nothing... any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hi all,

Being a huge fan of KOTOR 1, I was eager to play KOTOR 2 and I just bought my copy last sunday when I upgrade my video card  :D

Sad thing is: I reached TELOS and when I enter the Shuttle area, the game sometimes CRASH and REBOOT my machine. :lol: This doesnt happens everytime, but happens often (I'm still exploring the area since I just have time to play in the weekend). I did update the game but it keeps crashing-rebooting.

I'm also playing Battle for Middle Earth and this problem only happens with KOTOR2.

I search through the forums for something related and found nothing... any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Did you get the latest drivers for your video card, & did you download the patch for the game? :ermm:

(Dual-Boot)Windows XP Pro (32 - Bit) SP3 & Windows Vista Ultimate (SP 1) 64 Bit | Intel Dual Core 2 Quad 6600 @ 2.4 Ghz | 8 GB Corsair DDR 3 Ram 1600 mhz | GeForce 9600 GT 512 MB PCI Express X 3 SLI enabled | NVidia Forceware Drivers 181.22| EVGA nForce 790I-SLI Ultra MOBO | Thermalake 850 Watt PWR |

Thanks for the help in advance, folks.

Answering

- I have the lastest forceware instaled. My video card is xfx fx5200 128mgs-64 bits. And yes, as I said, the game is patched. I did formated my machine in order to install this new card, so I dont belive its a problem with formers drivers x new drivers. :cool:

- My motherboard is asus a7v333. I have it for 1 year and a half now and never had this problem (or any other) with any game before (KOTOR1 included). As I said, this only happens with KOTOR2 since I'm also playing Battle for Middle Earth and its running fine here. :blink:

Anyway, I played for one hour or so today and it didnt crashed-rebooted my machine. :) But I can say for sure this problem only happens while I'm at the Suttler area (cantina-market-etc)

You most likley have the same problem as me, where certain (ver few) areas make you game very crashable. I dont have it in the same are as you, but i do get it in a few other areas. It normally only lasts whilst a certain mission or cut-scene is running.

I wouldnt put it down to motherboards, not that i would rule it out entirley, it just seems a very wierd thing to be causing the problem. (i'm on an NF7-s).

My advice is to do a normal save in a new slot every 20 minutes or so, and a quick save every few minutes. I've noticed in the crashable areas that quick saves *sometimes* corrupt. I;ve only had it happen a couple of times, ao i wouldnt worry about it too much.

hopefully you shouldnt have any other problems with the game, as it stands, the crashing is a fairly minor one :blink:

Thanks a lot, Cactus. I will do as you said, since I was quicksaving my game :D Will do a normal save from now on.

I know that the crash-thing is a "lite" bug but what bothers me is the rebooting... I'm playing and "puf", the machine restarts. >_< Well, lets hope its a problem that only happens in Telos, since I didnt have any kind of problem while playing the Peragus "chapter".

Try this:

- Right click "My Computer", and hit Properties.

- Go into the Advanced tab, and hit the Settings button under "Startup and Recovery"

- Uncheck "Automatically Restart"

- Keep clicking OK until you get out.

• 1 month later...

Just finished the game this morning and sadly, the bug I reported was a most annoying thing. I tried what cal_01 suggested, but the problem (the game suddenly reboots my machine) kept coming.

It happened only in some areas:

- Shuttle area (telos)

- dock area, landing area (nar shaadar)

- cave (korriban)

- onderon (izis) - the only place safe was the market place

when it happened, it also currupted the last saved game.