God Of War

It's released here tommorow looks totally awsome but I need to know one thing before I rush out and buy it.

Just how platformy is it ? 'Cause jumping around platforms and falling to my death is not something I enjoy.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Is it on Bill-box by the way?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I've heard people saying its better than NJG because its more forgiving on the lower difficulties.

But if its like PoP then the jumping bits will drive me nuts without the sands of time rewind.

PS2 only. But if you have an Xbox you have NJG :cool:

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

It's not very much into jumping around mario style. what you do is cut your way through hords of enemies and then solve a few (somtimes very hard) puzzles. Often you have to move very fast, and the puzzles are fun. The first boss fight is the hydra and with that thing you have to smash it's head against your boats mast then stab the broken mast through the things eyesocket, Lots of blood, and some boobies.... see http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=146 for some antics related to the game early on.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Things I learned from God of War:

1) The ancient Greeks had more advanced technology than we have today.

2) In acient Greece, women never ever wear shirts. Or bras for that matter. :lol:

3) Lord Hades looks a lot like a tree.

It's a great game. Just be sure your reflexes are up to par or your going to get smacked around like a rag doll. Trust me, I know. :wub:

sig2.gif

I was ok with Ninja Gaiden after a bit of practice so I think I'll be ok.

Thanks very much definately pop out and get it tommorow.

Really now? If you come beat that blob thing that eats Rachel for me, I'll give you my copy of God of War. :D I hate that bloody thing.

sig2.gif

yeah in god of war you seel massive mammary's bouncing and jouncing all over the place, the creators wanted to be as anatomically correct as possible. their cyclops' were origionally going to have ****'s but they had to cut it (they actually say poor cyclops in the games extras) and the when you hurt the cyclops eanough you can stab it in the eye, that's always fun....

I got a copy this morning from Blockbuster. Then spent the rest of the day jumping through hoops to sell my car. So whatever is in the game is in for a serious arse kicking because by my standards I'm in a foul mood.

478327[/snapback]

I finished level 1 brilliant game thus far. I think I prefer it to NJG too. Dont have to focus so hard so I can enjoy it much more. The story character is just "da man"

It's totally viscreal perhaps the most viloent game I've seen. But it's not cartoon violence. When Kratos holds someone above his head and tears his limbs off it makes you wince.

The boss fight just blew me away (litterally right off the side of the ship). Brilliant stuff that isnt just about pushing buttons.

478327[/snapback]

I finished level 1 brilliant game thus far. I think I prefer it to NJG too. Dont have to focus so hard so I can enjoy it much more.

The combat is slower than Ninja Gaiden overall and button input is more forgiving. Also, enemies attack less often, so you don't need to block as much. Lastly, Kratos has a lot of attacks that strike all around him. Ryu's Dragon Sword techniques don't have many of those, which is why it's easy to get stabbed in the back.

I'm tempted to rent Ninja Gaiden again after i'm done with God of War.

Last time I played it , it was on the standard Xbox controller which I've never really gotten along with. Now I have a S type although I'm still much more intuative with a PS2 controller because it's the one I most commonly use.

478327[/snapback]

I love God of War. It is easily the prettiest game I've ever played on my PS2 and a shining example of how developers REALLY have evolved since the PS2 was released. I think the most impressive thing about that game is the fact that it never stutters. NEVER.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Has anyone beaten the Challenge of the Gods? I made it to Challenge 8, played for half an hour, and died at the very bloody end. Tried again, same thing happened. I turned my game off in a bit of a rage, only to realise I had just lost two hours worth of work. I haven't tried again for fear of losing my last shred of sanity.

sig2.gif

I tried, couldn't get past the first one (always hit rip the guy in half instead of toss him...)

I love God of War. It is easily the prettiest game I've ever played on my PS2 and a shining example of how developers REALLY have evolved since the PS2 was released. I think the most impressive thing about that game is the fact that it never stutters. NEVER.

It tears often, even in the first level. It's impressive that it holds 60 in some large environments, but it still tears a lot. It's not vsynched. Devil May Cry 3 holds its framerate a lot more consistently and doesn't tear as much. I can only hypothesize that it's mostly because the environments are a lot more confined.

Last time I played it , it was on the standard Xbox controller which I've never really gotten along with. Now I have a S type although I'm still much more intuative with a PS2 controller because it's the one I most commonly use.

After playing a variety of Xbox, PS2, and Gamecube games for the past year, I've come to love the S-controller.

I tried, couldn't get past the first one (always hit rip the guy in half instead of toss him...)

Here's what you do on that one: Break out the Sword of Artemis. Lure them over towards the edge then swing your sword like crazy. It won't damage them because of their shields, but it will knock them back and, with a little practice and some luck, right off the edge.

sig2.gif

It tears often, even in the first level.  It's impressive that it holds 60 in some large environments, but it still tears a lot.  It's not vsynched.  Devil May Cry 3 holds its framerate a lot more consistently and doesn't tear as much.  I can only hypothesize that it's mostly because the environments are a lot more confined.

To be honest, I never noticed the tearing, but since I lent my machine to my girlfriend's little sisters I can't check it right now. I trust you on that one though. But I'm pretty sure I never noticed any slowdowns or bad framerates, which is still impressive, considering the amount of action, movement and detail that's on the screen at once. Awesome game, if only I didn't suck so much at it.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

After playing a variety of Xbox, PS2, and Gamecube games for the past year, I've come to love the S-controller.

I found it a big improvement over the chunky style controller. Only played Destroy all Humans so far so I couldn't say I'm used to it yet.

478327[/snapback]

To be honest, I never noticed the tearing, but since I lent my machine to my girlfriend's little sisters I can't check it right now. I trust you on that one though. But I'm pretty sure I never noticed any slowdowns or bad framerates, which is still impressive, considering the amount of action, movement and detail that's on the screen at once. Awesome game, if only I didn't suck so much at it.

I also play it in 16:9 progressive scan, so I'm actually drawing more than someone playing it at a standard ratio.

I also play it in 16:9 progressive scan, so I'm actually drawing more than someone playing it at a standard ratio.

Color me stupid, but I didn't know the PS2 could put out a progressive scan picture. Both M$ and Nintendo have long held that as an advantage over the PS2. Am I missing something?