Explosion in London this morning

Diogo Ribeiro

I'm sorry, what did the West do in Balkans? Step in and save the Muslims from the Serbian genocide squads? What was the problem there?

Just from memory, some of the Western bombings in Belgrade - notably the TV station, which killed a dozen or so civilians - seemed to be deliberate targetting of civilians, or at least disregard of likely civilian casualties. There was a big argument over whether a TV station was a legitimate target. However, as Darth Flatus said, this is not really the place for a detailed discussion of this.

The BBC has quoted Italian radio saying there were 50+ fatalities. Not sure how they would know, but...

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Victims are victims regardless of social status, gender, ethnicity or political beliefs. Eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth policies do not bridge the gap between intolerance and differences between countries, they only worsen it. If the real concern is to create a worldwide awareness surrounding underpriviliged countries and their inhabitants, there are ways to do this. Terrorism, bloodshed, intolerance and flat out extremism are not such ways.

I concur.

Violence begets violence in an endless vicious cycle.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

well I gotta go to bed finially. I hope i can sleep for four hrs. cause that's all the time i have. Though i do have one question, if they can't prove it was one terrorist group or another why call it that? there is a chance (no matter how little) that it could have been a complete fluke in the 3 spots that they haven't confermed the bomb traces. who know's that first one might have just been an idiot trying to get himself a darwin, or it could have been somthing more sinister but i have to question the fact that Blair within a few hrs calls it a Terror attack, wouldn't it take more time to determine that fact or am i missing somthing because i don't have tv and bbc?

You're missing a lot.

There were timed explosions, at this stage it looks like the perpetrators were aiming for maximum disruption, not loss of life (no clear idea of why, yet).

It would have taken at least ten people just to set the bombs off; the first explosion diverted the people behind to the buses, where the first bus explosion went off.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Victims are victims regardless of social status, gender, ethnicity or political beliefs. Eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth policies do not bridge the gap between intolerance and differences between countries, they only worsen it. If the real concern is to create a worldwide awareness surrounding underpriviliged countries and their inhabitants, there are ways to do this. Terrorism, bloodshed, intolerance and flat out extremism are not such ways.

Agreed. And there's nothing unusual or naive about this statement - it's pure common sense.

agreed

an eye for an eye leaves the world blind :)

i just hope there aren't any more deaths. last i heard, there were 2 confirmed deaths

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

One eye-witness reported seeing an 'abandoned jumper' which then exploded. If that is a typical size, and the explosives are non military then fatalities per device should be fairly low.

I also just thought that this kind of thing is happening daily to the poor sods in Iraq. We should spare them a thought.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I guess this is the price West has to pay for decades of colonial domination and present invasion of alien popculture in the muslim countries. Arab people don't have to tolerate american warships in their sphere of influence and since they

cannot afford hi-tech military they react with terrorism becouse terrorism is a weapon of poor and opressed who desperately want to stop mighty bullies (like Irish in 19th century).

You brought this upon yourselves sweetums.

Undeniable proof to back Nur's statements

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I guess this is the price West has to pay for decades of colonial domination and present invasion of alien popculture in the muslim countries. Arab people don't have to tolerate american warships in their sphere of influence and since they

cannot afford hi-tech military they react with terrorism becouse terrorism is a weapon of poor and opressed who desperately want to stop mighty bullies (like Irish in 19th century).

You brought this upon yourselves sweetums.

Undeniable proof to back Nur's statements

My first laugh of the morning. Thanks, mate.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Kudos to you good sir.

"wasn't saying that UK's involvment in Iraq is the main reason, just one of them....

Osama threatened the UK that is going to get punished because of its actions, including the invasion of Iraq, if this was Al-Qaida or a group connected with them."

Eh. These terrorist attacks have nothing to do with Iraq. AQ, and their partners have targeted the West for years. Anyone who blames the Iraq War for AQ's actions are missing the big picture.

AQ has stated quite clearly that they ARE any anti democracy. They feel that democracy is too ocrrupt, and too sinful and not godly. In other words, the nonsense they spouse about the Iraq War is a red herring.

AQ's goal is to bring all Western nations - heck most Muslim nations as well - to their knees. Remember, even Kanada the country that seems to have a sterling reputation is on their hit list. Don't mke this about European or Amerikan imperialism or interverence pay back. Let's call it as it is - a vile group of power hungry people who abuse an otherwise good religion to brainwash others into believing they are just.

As for the attacks, my adolecenses to the victims, and to all of England. :)

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Australian news reports now saying UNCONFIRMED 50 dead,hundreds injured.

My condolences, sympathy and best wishes to all affected by this event, regardless of nationality or beliefs.

Why we should show respect to rich western victims of the terrorists? Did someone in the west really cared about victims of Yugoslavian War or Angola genocide? Your victims at least have chance for a medical treatment.

I'm sorry, what did the West do in Balkans? Step in and save the Muslims from the Serbian genocide squads? What was the problem there?

Are you sick, or just perverted?

[snip demented rant]

Hypocrite.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Hilarious. It usually goes like this:

• NATO/US get involved in some conflict: "WTF you think you're doing? Who died and made you the world's police? F'n yankees!"
  • NATO/US decide not to get involved: "FFS help us we're geting pwned by such and such where the hell are you when we need you?"

A rather hypocritical way of justifying one's bigotry and hate of the US.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

"Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee."

I have two sons in London. They called to say they are fine. But as I write this, I know there are other friends and family who aren't so lucky...

Humanity has suffered this day. I don't know if I will ever understand.

To anyone out there who is working to make things better, whether you think you are failing or succeeding, you have my thanks... and my hopes.

As I see it he was talking about the Yugoslavian war between 1991-1995 when you just sit back and watch us and the Bosnians get slaugtered by that crazy fu*k Milosevic because it was better in your interest to see one big country there rather then see many unstabile ones. What did the west do then? They've put arms embargo on us and the Bosnians leaving us defendless as we were and no chance of aquiring them, while on the other side there were the Serbs armed to the teeth - an obvious green light to the Serbs to proceed and when things got ugly the West came playing goody-goody.

You only "intervened" at the end of the war after 25 000 of us died and many more Bosnians.....

Intervention regarding Kosovo was just the perfect oppurtinity for the US to test their B-2's and their new toys, and to play global police...

And when the West says they care about the "third world" and their people only you suckers in the west buy that sh*t.

The UN (mainly consisting of US troops) went into Yugoslavia as peacekeepers offering relief. At the time, there were some 7 ethnic groups splitting up a nation in civil war, and it wasn't abundantly clear to outside forces who were the good and bad guys. In retrospect, Milosec was a galactic ****head.

But most countries don't want the US jumping in the middle of their civil wars, except when they do.

As it was posted earlier, no matter what course of action we take, we usually end up judged poorly because of it.

Dear God. I just woke up, I had no idea. This is terrible. My heart goes out to the victims and all affected by this atrocity. And it is an atrocity. Those people had nothing to do with war and did not deserve what has happened to them.

Please, to all you of you arguing over politics, can we set aside our differences for now? People are injured, some are dead. Perhaps mistakes have been made, but this is neither the time nor the place. Again, my hopes and prayers go out to the victims, not just in London, but around the world.

sig2.gif

Launch & all our other British friends: 

I sincerely hope you and your loved ones are safe and secure. 

/mourn

Dear God.  I just woke up, I had no idea.  This is terrible.  My heart goes out to the victims and all affected by this atrocity.

On behalf of everyone in the UK, thank you. :lol:

:wub:

And :lol: for numbers man.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Launch & all our other British friends: 

I sincerely hope you and your loved ones are safe and secure. 

/mourn

Dear God.  I just woke up, I had no idea.  This is terrible.  My heart goes out to the victims and all affected by this atrocity.

On behalf of everyone in the UK, thank you. :wub:

Ditto :lol:

[color=gray][i]OO-TINI![/i][/color]

My condolences to every one who suffered from this atrocity. I am sorry my words are hollow since I have no idea the immensity of their suffering, but nonetheless I hope the citizens of London can recover soon knowing that the whole world is with them and against terrorism.

Just want to point out that Bin Laden and his followers are not Muslims. In fact, they represent the exact opposite of the Islam. It truly pains my heart that those hypocrites would proclaim to be followers of Mohammed, who in his entire lifetime harbored Jews and Christians in his territory and had only defended them against pagans in his military career.

BBC details

Emergency Hotline: 0870 1566 344 (to check on friends and relatives that may be caught in the incidents: dial your international access code, the UK country code "44", and drop the leading "0", when calling international).

6 bombs, 4 trains, 2 buses, minimum 33 dead, so far.

:lol:

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT