Explosion in London this morning

Diogo Ribeiro

Well you defend murdering arabs by american and israeli troops so we are equal.

And it is funny to observe how you are trying to shut mouth of someone who

has different point of view. In real democracy I can have any point of view I want but in your democracy there are sanctities I can't touch (like in Islam).

You have just revealed yourself as an neo-conservative, expansionist american bigot. Thanks to people like you USA are so hated by majority of the humankind. Congratulations o:)

War is debateable, and unfortunate but it consists of one military attacking another military. Killing innocent civilians is seen as an international war crime, and is universally wrong. There is never an acceptable excuse for murdering civilians. The fact that you can not see a distinction between the two is pretty scary.

I'm all for free speech, but this forum is a private forum. Free speech doesn't apply here. As a private forum, it is subject to rules and regulations. Filters censor out f-bombs, inappropriate topics are deleted, and certain behavior is deemed to be inexcusable. The rules of this forum clearly stipulate that racist and discriminatory behavior will be treated with a zero-tolerance policy.

And for the record, every single political views test I have taken puts me at a liberal, or possibly a centrist.

The wife of one of my colleagues appears to have been injured. I may be obliged to absent myself lest I lose my temper. She is Indian, btw, so I'm not sure how she's responsible for any colonialsim, but if she survives I'll be sure to tell her she deserved it.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Al Qaeda:

Al Qaeda don't give a stuffed crust weasel whether we are in Iraq or not. They made an explicit aim of killing any and all persons civilian or military, who oppose them years ago. Read their own intentions. They have no lesser goal than a global Islamic Ummah (read religious fascism), and they believe they can get it through causing sufficient chaos and bringing down the Western Allies. They aren't interested in negotiation except where it spread discord and confusion.

I guess this is the price West has to pay for decades of colonial domination and present invasion of alien popculture in the muslim countries. Arab people don't have to tolerate american warships in their sphere of influence and since they

cannot afford hi-tech military they react with terrorism becouse terrorism is a weapon of poor and opressed who desperately want to stop mighty bullies (like Irish in 19th century).

You brought this upon yourselves sweetums.

Are you aware there are multiple innocent fatalities? I have been watching blanket tv news and listening to the radio as well; there are still a carriagefull of people (dead or alive) under Kings Cross station.

And you are trying to be santimontious? Your insensitivity is appalling.

You are not endearing yourself to me.

I'd shut up and show some respect for the dead, injured and people close to them.

o:) :angry:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Even if its true that these extremist terorist groups would not have existed unless the US had funded them during the Soviet-Afghanistan war, or that London probably would have been spared if the UK had not been so supportive of the US, its not the right time or place to say things like that.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I'll stop the bickering on my end, but my father in law is from England, and I have family in England as well. My wife is going nuts since she was just over there visiting family a few months ago and she can't get a hold of anyone.

It's just the matter of time when similar attacks are going to happen in Rome or Milano, you'll see.......

It is only a matter of time before Ender will denounce you to FBI for making threats o:)"

War is debateable, and unfortunate but it consists of one military attacking another military. Killing innocent civilians is seen as an international war crime, and is universally wrong. There is never an acceptable excuse for murdering civilians. The fact that you can not see a distinction between the two is pretty scary[...]The rules of this forum clearly stipulate that racist and discriminatory behavior will be treated with a zero-tolerance policy.

Yeah very unfortunate for 150.000 Iraqis who died due to using biological weapons by USA in 1991 or for 80.000 latinos who died in 1989 due to your peace intervention in Panama. And stop lying that I use racist arguments cause I only denounce your artificial country's criminal policy.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

I'll stop the bickering on my end, but my father in law is from England, and I have family in England as well.  My wife is going nuts since she was just over there visiting family a few months ago and she can't get a hold of anyone.

One mobile phone network announced that it was blocking ordinary calls in order to give priority to the emergency services. And one commentator said that sometimes in this kind of emergency the phone companies switch their transmitters off because mobiles can be used to trigger further bombs. I hope your wife's family is OK. o:)

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Let the flaming begin. Really you guy's this could have the same level of impact 9/11 did against the US for the UK

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Why we should show respect to rich western victims of the terrorists? Did someone in the west really cared about victims of Yugoslavian War or Angola genocide? Your victims at least have chance for a medical treatment.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

I'll stop the bickering on my end, but my father in law is from England, and I have family in England as well.  My wife is going nuts since she was just over there visiting family a few months ago and she can't get a hold of anyone.

Don't panic; tell your wife that the emergency response shut down the mobile phone network, as a matter of procedure (the last few terrorist attacks have used the mobile telephone network to detonate bomb remotely).

The networks are back up now, but there is still a large amount of pandemonium.

o:)

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

LONDON, England (CNN) -- Four explosions in London's transport system have killed at least two people and wounded dozens more in what UK Prime Minister Tony Blair said was an apparent terrorist attack.

More fatalities were sure to follow -- emergency services personnel told CNN that a rescue operation at Kings Cross station had successfully evacuated all survivors, leaving dead below ground "in the double digits."

Three of the blasts took place in the city's subway system and one more hit a double-decker bus, all at the height of rush hour.

International SOS, an international medical emergency service, reported that the police had found explosive traces in at least one of four confirmed blast locations.

Hospital officials have reported at least 160 wounded. London transit officials shut down the entire Underground and stopped buses in the central city district.

"We are dealing with large numbers of casualties," he said, "and we believe a number of fatalities."

Blair, in Scotland where he is hosting the G8 summit, told reporters he would leave the summit for a "face to face" report in London and then return later in the evening.

"It's reasonably clear there have been a series of terrorist attacks in London," Blair said. "There are obviously casualties, both people that have died and peole that are seriously injured.

Blair said it was "also reasonably clear" that the attacks were timed to coincide with the opening of the summit.

"It's particularly barbaric that this has happened on a day when people are meeting to try to help the problems of proverty in Africa and the long-term problems with the environment," he said. (Full text)

A White House spokesman said President Bush is aware of the explosions and had been in briefings with Blair all morning.

Despite calls from officials to stay home, however, Londoners were on the streets except in areas where they were barred by police.

Police cordoned off areas around six stations in and around the city's center and financial area and brought in sniffer dogs to check the areas.

Telephone traffic -- particularly by cell phone -- was nearly impossible. London's largest cellular provider, Vodaphone, said it had devoted much of its network to emergency services, causing the problems with subscribers.

London's police chief said the explosions, which began at about 8:50 a.m. (3:50 a.m. ET), certainly appeared coordinated.

One man, with blood streaming down the left side of his face from a wound on his temple, said he didn't "want to live through it again."

"I was in the front carriage and people were severely injured there," he said, dispassionately, adding that his train had been in the tunnel between Kings Cross and Russell Square. "I heard, but I don't know, that people were hurt worse further back. "Some people were very calm, others very panicky."

"There was a very loud bang, the lights went out, the carriage filled with smoke," he said. "We were all thrown forward."

Another man, clearly shaken by his experience, described being on a smoke-filled carriage on the same train, he and his fellow passengers afraid to try to leave the train.

"We were all trapped like sardines waiting to die," said Angelo Power. "I honestly thought I was going to die, as did everyone else."

A police spokesman urged Londoners to "stay where you are."

"There's no way to travel around London at the moment," he said.

"There is a London emergency plan," he said. "It has been put into effect. It is being coordinated by the Metropolitan Police, and that's about all I can say at the moment."

Scotland Yard sent out a notice saying that "public transport in London will be affected in the next few days."

Claire Burroughs, spokeswoman for St Mary's Hospital in central London, told CNN the hospital was on "major incident alert." Four patients were critically injured, eight were seriously injured and 14 others were being treated for minor injuries, she said.

"The types of injuries we are seeing include limb damage, burns, cuts, breaks, head injuries and chest problems due to smoke inhalation," Burroughs said.

London Hospital said it received 95 patients, most with minor injuries. Ten, however were listed in serious condition and seven in critical condition as well as "numerous with significant orthopedic injuries requiring immediate surgery."

CNN cameraman Oran O'Reilly said he has seen seven of the city's famed double-decker buses as well as police cars and ambulances arriving with casualties.

Another hospital told CNN it had taken in 40 wounded.

British Home Secretary Charles Clarke said the explosions took place between Russell Square and Kings Cross Underground; near the Moorgate, Aldgate and Liverpool Street stations Underground; and the Edgware Road station.

The fourth explosion on a bus just outside Tavistock Hotel.

London Metropolitan Police, British Transport Police and London's fire brigade are investigating, according to Scotland Yard.

O'Reilly, who was at Aldgate station, saw passengers coming out of it with signs of smoke inhalation -- black smudges around their mouths and noses.

"They're pushing people away from the tube (train) station," O'Reilly said. "Police are telling us to evacuate the street."

Also at Aldgate, CNN producer Roger Clark said he had seen people with blood running down their faces, with many others looking stunned.

An eyewitness who was on a train told Clark the car in front of him exploded and then the the train tunnel filed with smoke.

Separately, the London Fire Service said it was responding to a report of an explosion on a bus at Russell Square. Chamberlin heard a loud explosion in central London. Witnesses told him they saw a heavily damaged double-decker bus.

That's the most recent from cnn

Well, it seems that Charles Clark has confirmed that there have been four terrorist attacks...

Not to mention there have been more confirmed fatalities from Edgware Road...

And Hildegard, stop trying to incite an argument... its not big nor is it clever

[color=gray][i]OO-TINI![/i][/color]

Hildegard it's not collateral damage when you are aiming at the civilians in the first place! Or are you suggesting the terrorists wanted to blow up Horse Guards, and missed?

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Really you guy's this could have the same level of impact 9/11 did against the US for the UK

It won't be as severe. September 11 was the first direct attack on the US, but London has seen many terrorist attacks, and the fatalities won't be anything like as many (we hope :) ).

@Nur: If you're a terrorist group that wants to attack rich Westerners, the London transport system is a very strange choice of target. I guarantee that the list of casualties will include many poor people and many foreign nationals, of all skin colours and religions.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Victims are victims regardless of social status, gender, ethnicity or political beliefs. Eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth policies do not bridge the gap between intolerance and differences between countries, they only worsen it. If the real concern is to create a worldwide awareness surrounding underpriviliged countries and their inhabitants, there are ways to do this. Terrorism, bloodshed, intolerance and flat out extremism are not such ways.

Victims are victims regardless of social status, gender, ethnicity or political beliefs. Eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth policies do not bridge the gap between intolerance and differences between countries, they only worsen it. If the real concern is to create a worldwide awareness surrounding underpriviliged countries and their inhabitants, there are ways to do this. Terrorism, bloodshed, intolerance and flat out extremism are not such ways.

Hear hear.

-Elwood Blues

well ladies and gents it got mentioned (only mentioned) on my radio station at 5:26 am in Calif

Agreed.

Why we should show respect to rich western victims of the terrorists? Did someone in the west really cared about victims of Yugoslavian War or Angola genocide? Your victims at least have chance for a medical treatment.

I'm sorry, what did the West do in Balkans? Step in and save the Muslims from the Serbian genocide squads? What was the problem there?

I see and innocent civilians are acceptable targets for military action, are they?

So you are condemning "the West" for attrocities, yet defending terrorists?

Are you sick, or just perverted?

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I'd shut up and show some respect for the dead, injured and people close to them.

:)  :angry:

The same respect you "showed" to civilans from Middle East, Vietnam, Nikaragwa......... that the western goverments killed......oh yeah I forgot they are "coleteral damage".

Who the hell are you to cast judgement?

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

That's my 'Player :)

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

well I gotta go to bed finially. I hope i can sleep for four hrs. cause that's all the time i have. Though i do have one question, if they can't prove it was one terrorist group or another why call it that? there is a chance (no matter how little) that it could have been a complete fluke in the 3 spots that they haven't confermed the bomb traces. who know's that first one might have just been an idiot trying to get himself a darwin, or it could have been somthing more sinister but i have to question the fact that Blair within a few hrs calls it a Terror attack, wouldn't it take more time to determine that fact or am i missing somthing because i don't have tv and bbc?

Mother Theresa was not as nice as Role-Player. The myth of Mother Theresa is far sweeter than the reality. Which is a shame. But the myth inspires people nonetheless, so no bad, IMO.

I believe we all should dream of perfect peace and tolerance, however often we are obliged to compromise our actions by reality. Just as we should dream of a world free from disease, however much we must allow for it not happening.

EDIT: Sorry, that was a pretty cheap shot. I will now return to my usual cynical exterior.

-Elwood Blues