Explosion in London this morning

Diogo Ribeiro

No matter the cause, the reason, or those responsible for it:

My condolences go out to all affected by the explosions.

I know there will be a large handful of Americans that may not even here about it or even care, but I personally will be glued to the TV at least for a while.

Cheers, mate. only one person I know affected, so far, but not clear what happened to them yet. >_<

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

If you disbelieve EVERYTHING the Grand Monkey says then you are cutting off your nose to spite your face.

I'm not saying you have to take my word for it. Go on out and have a hunt around for Islamist literature. A lot of it has been translated into English. Read transcripts of 'Promotional' material found in arrests of terrorist suspects. Have a look at the "Encyclopaedia of the Afghan Jihad", a slim 7,000 page volume on how to be a terrorist and feel better about yourself.

By western allies I mean the West as Al Qaeda see it. The Grand Old Crusading nations. Like Britain, the US, France... Norway, Holland......... Basically anyone who might object to the rise of a religious fascist super-state.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Al Qaeda:

Al Qaeda don't give a stuffed crust weasel whether we are in Iraq or not. They made an explicit aim of killing any and all persons civilian or military, who oppose them years ago. Read their own intentions. They have no lesser goal than a global Islamic Ummah (read religious fascism), and they believe they can get it through causing sufficient chaos and bringing down the Western Allies. They aren't interested in negotiation except where it spread discord and confusion.

I guess this is the price West has to pay for decades of colonial domination and present invasion of alien popculture in the muslim countries. Arab people don't have to tolerate american warships in their sphere of influence and since they

cannot afford hi-tech military they react with terrorism becouse terrorism is a weapon of poor and opressed who desperately want to stop mighty bullies (like Irish in 19th century).

You brought this upon yourselves sweetums.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Al-Quaida has no common goal because it doesnt exist as an organisation, it is a name given by the US to a multitude of more or less independant groups. Al-Zawahiri & co were quick to jump on that idea because it made them seem much more powerful than they were/are.

London was targeted because/to:

A. Disrupt the G8 meeting and the publicity that such an act would give, and the psychological effects of said publicity

B. Britain is the US strongest partner in what the jihaddists percieve as a crusade against Islam

C. Its a major world city with a very vulnerable public transit system

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

So you'd be happy if Africans stared attacking Muslims for all the slave trading that used to go on?

Quit mouthing platitudes, and go on down to London. I''m sure that's all the victims need to hear right now. "I'm terribly sorry, madam, but..."

~~

The BBC website has rolling coverage, and also has web feed for the radio programs. For free.

-Elwood Blues

Muslim slave trade was insignificant when compared to giant slave industry that western jews started in the early modern era. Becouse according to afroamerican scientists (and many others) they were major players in transatlantic slave trade and that's why they're so hated by afroamericans today. Your "elightened Jews". o:)

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

SOCRATES:

This is ridiculous but go on.

Obviously your marine brain is out of arguments.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Hmmm. A revisionist historian who believes democracy is alien to Islam, and believes we 'deserved' the London attacks. Ladies and gentlemen, say Hi to Nur. Nur is an Islamist.

*waves*

-Elwood Blues

No I'm an atheist. But I think your past actions started organizations like Al Qeda so stop crying and take responsibility.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

No normal person ever read history and said "Wow, this really seems to have sucked. In fact it makes me so mad i'm going to go out and blow people up." Abnormal people become terrorists and use history as an excuse for their desires.

Actual terrorists generally are either sociopathically indifferent to suffering, megalomaniacs, or have a change of heart after a few operations. I've met and interviewed several, in case book learning won't cut the mustard.

-Elwood Blues

No I'm an atheist. But I think your past actions started organizations like Al Qeda so stop crying and take responsibility.

No one is responsible for the actions of others as you cannot control the actions of others. Britain is responsible for their acts, not the acts of terrorists. Al Quaeda needs to take responsibility for their actions.

I called to your attention how insensitive it is to defend murder, and you continue to do so. I think that is really beyond ****ed up.

You blast Americans, call Marines a bunch of rapists, say most evil people are white, most racists are Americans, most Jews are racist, and that American, Jewish and British civilians deserve to be murdered.

If that isn't the rhetoric of a fundamentalist hate-monger, I don't know what is. I seriously hope you are banned from these forums.

You might want to check the forum rules:

Discrimination: Obsidian has a zero-tolerance policy with regard to racial, ethnic, gender, religious, disablement, and/or sexually discriminating remarks.

Harassment: We ask that the users of this board treat one another with respect, even when opinions differ. Personal attacks that are intended to cause unwanted attention, embarrassment, or harm will not be tolerated. In addition, Obsidian does not tolerate disrespectful and/or slanderous posts about its competitors, developers and publishers. Such posts will be subject to editing or deleting, with its posters censured or banned.

I would just like to make a tiny point... those who are part of the Al-Qaeda are not muslims... they're extremists... just like the Ku Klux Klan are extremists... so please when using the term muslim or Islam when referring to them do so by using inverted commas...

Thanks o:)

[color=gray][i]OO-TINI![/i][/color]

I don't want to see him banned. he can stay here and get ignored as long as he likes. Rather that than he was elsewhere confusing the impressionable.

And Hildegard, you're being weird again. I never accused you of being an Islamist and we blatantly don't agree.

EDIT: Darth is quite right. We don't call the IRA or Loyalists Christian terrorists. I've tried to make the distinction by saying Islamist. I hope I was clear.

-Elwood Blues

I just went out to the newsagents for something, and saw all the newspapers lying in a row, with colourful front page pictures of yesterday's celebrations of the Olympics win. It was a surreal and rather emotional moment. Has there ever been a city that went from such a high to such a low in the space of twenty-four hours?

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I would just like to make a tiny point... those who are part of the Al-Qaeda are not muslims... they're extremists... just like the Ku Klux Klan are extremists... so please when using the term muslim or Islam when referring to them do so by using inverted commas...

Thanks  o:)

Very good point.

I prefer to call fundamentalists fundamentalists, and terrorists terrorists. Don't judge an entire group by the horrid acts of a few.

No one is responsible for the actions of others as you cannot control the actions of others.  Britain is responsible for their acts, not the acts of terrorists.  Al Quaeda needs to take responsibility for their actions.

I called to your attention how insensitive it is to defend murder, and you continue to do so.  I think that is really beyond ****ed up.

You blast Americans, call Marines a bunch of rapists, say most evil people are white, most racists are Americans, most Jews are racist, and that American, Jewish and British civilians deserve to be murdered.

If that isn't the rhetoric of a fundamentalist hate-monger, I don't know what is.  I seriously hope you are banned from these forums.

You might want to check the forum rules:

Discrimination: Obsidian has a zero-tolerance policy with regard to racial, ethnic, gender, religious, disablement, and/or sexually discriminating remarks.

Harassment: We ask that the users of this board treat one another with respect, even when opinions differ. Personal attacks that are intended to cause unwanted attention, embarrassment, or harm will not be tolerated. In addition, Obsidian does not tolerate disrespectful and/or slanderous posts about its competitors, developers and publishers. Such posts will be subject to editing or deleting, with its posters censured or banned.

Well you defend murdering arabs by american and israeli troops so we are equal.

And it is funny to observe how you are trying to shut mouth of someone who

has different point of view. In real democracy I can have any point of view I want but in your democracy there are sanctities I can't touch (like in Islam o:) ).

As for you quoting obsidian rules I still see no connection to my political talk.

I've never offended anyone directly and never any group. Only accusing some groups of being imperial or racist (which is well documented btw). So obviously you are trying to abuse obsidian rules.

You have just revealed yourself as an neo-conservative, expansionist american bigot. Thanks to people like you USA are so hated by majority of the humankind. Congratulations :thumbsup:

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Has there ever been a city that went from such a high to such a low in the space of twenty-four hours?

New Orleans after Mardi Gras? o:)

-Elwood Blues

Could you try to keep this civil? I'm trying to read here, you know.

This thread has all the marks of a flmawar gathering steam. Please, people.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds