Can't upgrade personal crystal

I have a problem guys, and if this question was answered in the past I apologize, just to lazy to search.

I can't seem to upgrade my personal crystal, every time I talk to Kreia about it she says the same thing but nothing else. I got it upgraded in previous games but only 3 times max. I know the whole drill of coming to her without the crystal and than she focuses it and than you reassemble etc.......Apparentl you can upgraded it 8 times and thats what i tried to do here but I've never upgraded it even once for my currentl game. I did use the infinite exp cheat and I'm up at level 40 something. Maybe this is why I can't upgrade it I don't know. And I'm not gonna be using the lightsaber glitch in this game either. I'm trying to keep everything legit, except for the awesome infinite exp of course lol. I'd appreciate if someone could shed some light on this, and I hope this is the right forum, it's kind of a spoiler is it not?

When you first find the crystal, it already matches your current level / alignment. If you were already at the maximum (where the crystal description says "blinding bright light" or something similar, then it's already maxed out.

The same thing happened to me on my last KOTOR2 game.

At some point I couldn't upgrade my crystal, but it wasn't at maximum, because I used the editor to check it's level (it was only at level 5). I was only able to increase it to level 9 by cheating with the editor. :blink:"

I believe this happened because I altered my experience points and my attributes with the editor also, LOL , but I'm not shure. Perhaps the game "thought" I had strong enough attributes and wasn't necessary to increase the power of the crystal. :blink:

Does anyone has a thought?

So let me get this strait.

For example, you're around level 25, and your personal crystal has been upgraded three times.

If you do the infinite hissis spawn and get up to level 40 or something, and then go back to Kreia to get the personal crystal upgraded, it will allow you to upgrade in proportion to the levels you gained?

Or does it assume it has already maxed itself out, and wont allow you??

If you do the infinite hissis spawn and get up to level 40 or something, and then go back to Kreia to get the personal crystal upgraded, it will allow you to upgrade in proportion to the levels you gained?

No.

The way it works, is that the moment you find your pet crystal, it will automatically be adjusted to match your current level and alignment. Any further adjustments (by talking with Kreia) will result in her adjusting the crystal to match your current level / alignment in a similar manner. There are no incremental steps along the way.

Thus, if you were just starting out, and the crystal was opague (weakest), didn't talk with Kreia until you achieved a high enough level (say, you were L40), and then talked to her, she would ajust the crystal to match the power accordingly (in your case, as a L40, which should max out the crystal).

There is no need to make any more adjustments to the crystal once you've done this, unless you significantly shifted your alignment and want those crystal's alignment characteristics instead.

Ask her "what can you tell me about the <insert name> crystal?"

If it matches your level/alignment she'll say "should your powers increase or your resolve change,speak to me again."

If you've gained XP and/or LS/DS points she tell's you to remove it then show it to her to adjust the stats.

You can ask her at any time as long as there's a workbench nearby(T3 is useful for this sort of thing).

master of my domain

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.