Computer Engineering

Hi Everyone. I'm John, currently 16 and I'm studying here in the Philippines. Yeah, weird country to study in, but hey, whatever works ^^. I'm a first year college student studying at the University of San Carlos. Im taking computer engineering (which is 5 years), and I just wanted to know if a computer engineer would have any use in the gaming industry. I knew that taking this course it would focus mostly on making and doing computers. Howeverm I'm majoring in Software Engineering so I wanted to know if I could get a job as a developer someday. If anyone can give me some tips or whatever, I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance :D

Er, that's about becoming a designer, which sort of a different field.

I see your reading comprehension is high. Yes, it was predominantly about game designers, but there were some good general tips, from a known leader in the industry, specifically giving advice.

6. Game development is a very team-oriented process, so we

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Hi Everyone. I'm John, currently 16 and I'm studying here in the Philippines. Yeah, weird country to study in, but hey, whatever works ^^. I'm a first year college student studying at the University of San Carlos. Im taking computer engineering (which is 5 years), and I just wanted to know if a computer engineer would have any use in the gaming industry. I knew that taking this course it would focus mostly on making and doing computers. Howeverm I'm majoring in Software Engineering so I wanted to know if I could get a job as a developer someday. If anyone can give me some tips or whatever, I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance  :D

Maybe your reading comprehension is not the best.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Hi Everyone. I'm John, currently 16 and I'm studying here in the Philippines. Yeah, weird country to study in, but hey, whatever works ^^. I'm a first year college student studying at the University of San Carlos. Im taking computer engineering (which is 5 years), and I just wanted to know if a computer engineer would have any use in the gaming industry. I knew that taking this course it would focus mostly on making and doing computers. Howeverm I'm majoring in Software Engineering so I wanted to know if I could get a job as a developer someday. If anyone can give me some tips or whatever, I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance  :D

Maybe your reading comprehension is not the best.

Obviously :thumbsup:

Wow, thanks for all of the tips guys! Though, we don't need to be argueing here, hehe. Anyway, do you guys have any more interesting material to look at about Computer Engineering and the game industry? Wish I could hear from a real developer, but I guess it isn't that easy to get a hold of one, haha. Tried searching google, but all I get is useless information and/or information that I've heard of before.

Also, I'm worried that my English won't meet up to "Job" standards, especially as a Developer someday. Is there anyway to take advanced online courses on the English subject or something? I've taken 9th grade english, then moved to the Philippines and got bumped all the way to college, so I'm kind of creeped out that I might be missing a lot of things.

I know this is a little off topic, but all help is appreciated.