War of the Worlds

I wouldn't say I liked the film, but t my favourite parts were when the aliens were slaughtering people and destroying everything....other then that, things were boring, especially the "family crisis melodrama" parts.

Yes, he is. You can CLEARLY recognize his face when he's killing Mellish. Knowing how he wasn't able to do it before and it cost Mellish his life is THE driving force that pushes Upham to shoot him afterall now. If you can't recognize him, you have an eye problem.

No, theyre different people. The one who knifes that guy is a Waffen-SS soldier while the other one is Heer(regular army). Steamboat willie is played by J

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Thank you Kaftan.

I had just checked on my DVD, and they clearly are different. Apparently some places have him creditted as Mac Steinmeier.

Here's a website that has a comparison:

http://www.sproe.com/s/steamboat-comparison.html

I would say the "driving force" behind shooting Steamboat Willie is because while Upham was hiding, he had a perfect vantage point of seeing Willie join the battle and shoot Captain Miller on the Bridge. He probably wasn't too pleased to seem him shoot Captain Miller, a man Upham seemed to respect.

Im not going to bother with this one, its just a damn rape of the original concept. And that damn dirty Hubbologist.. I mean Scientologist psycho Cruise aint exactly my cup of tea.

Everyone loves Orson Welle's radio adaptation which completely changed the book into a radio news program.

Spielburg was far more faithful to the book than I guessed he would be. And while I hate Scientology, and Tom Cruise these days, it didn't detract from the real star of this film, ILM.

I don't understand why some people (Not pointing any fingers) will refuse to go see a certain movie, even if it's good, just because of an actor's religion or other thing not related to the movie...I say enjoy it for what it is, and forget about "reality" for 2 hours :blink: