KotOR II Movie/Music Patch Coming Soon

Probably because most games reviewers don't actually play the game to the finish before writing their reviews, and most of the major flaws with Knights of the Old Republic 2 don't start appearing until 3/4 of the way through.

Most reviews of the game I've seen where I live, in the UK, place the game around 80%, because of the poor quality movies and odd glitching with some graphics cards. I don't think I read a single review which mentioned the ending of the game.

Well,  there could be a really good answer:

1. They were not expecting to be quoted by GameBanshee.

2. GameBanshee is just trying to start trouble.

3. The article was created to force the patch release.

4. Morgan really did say those things, and Lucas Arts has not come through yet.

1. I told John I would be quoting him to help alleviate the number of emails we get about the patch. For whatever reason, many people think that we're officially involved with KotOR II and we receive several emails each week wondering when the music/movie patch will be released. John let us know that the patch was ready and could be released as early as the following week so that we could announce it to our visitors.

2. We were never trying to start "trouble." If you ran a site devoted to KotOR II and a developer told you the patch was close to release, wouldn't you want to let your site's community know about it?

3. While we do get a considerable amount of traffic by KotOR fans, I doubt anyone who has any say about when the patch will be released would be influenced by a news item on our site.

4. This is most likely the case, but there is no way of knowing for sure.

Administrator of GameBanshee

Coverage for many RPGs, including Star Wars: KotOR II, Neverwinter Nights 2, and Alpha Protocol

Guest MacleodCorp
Well,  there could be a really good answer:

1. They were not expecting to be quoted by GameBanshee.

2. GameBanshee is just trying to start trouble.

3. The article was created to force the patch release.

4. Morgan really did say those things, and Lucas Arts has not come through yet.

1. I told John I would be quoting him to help alleviate the number of emails we get about the patch. For whatever reason, many people think that we're officially involved with KotOR II and we receive several emails each week wondering when the music/movie patch will be released. John let us know that the patch was ready and could be released as early as the following week so that we could announce it to our visitors.

2. We were never trying to start "trouble." If you ran a site devoted to KotOR II and a developer told you the patch was close to release, wouldn't you want to let your site's community know about it?

3. While we do get a considerable amount of traffic by KotOR fans, I doubt anyone who has any say about when the patch will be released would be influenced by a news item on our site.

4. This is most likely the case, but there is no way of knowing for sure.

Well, there is your answers! At least BuckGB takes the time to give his side of the story. ;) Thanks BuckGB!

John let us know that the patch was ready and could be released as early as the following week so that we could announce it to our visitors.

Deja Vu.

Wow, that looks familiar, that would be the exact same thing he told us two weeks before this article...

Why does he keep stating so, if it can't be made through?

That really doesn't help to keep the fanbase..., and results in thoughts as "liars" and such, not good for a companies rep.

Well, anyways, thanks BuckGB for telling us about...

I think we should propose to Obsidian to leak the patch on a P2P network. They would do this and then say on their webpage something like "OMFG, a hacker entered our network and stole us the KotOR II's music & movie patch, now it's available to everyone in [insert the name of whatever P2P network here] !!!".

Then we'll be sure to have the patch before Duke Nukem Forever.

I think we should propose to Obsidian to leak the patch on a P2P network. They would do this and then say on their webpage something like "OMFG, a hacker entered our network and stole us the KotOR II's music & movie patch, now it's available to everyone in [insert the name of whatever P2P network here] !!!".

Then we'll be sure to have the patch before Duke Nukem Forever.

Obsidian would be pretty crazy to do that. They'd probably be breaking their contract with LucasArts, and even if not, they would get a reputation for going behind their publisher's back which does no good to a developer. While the faults over the ending and the cut content have been difficult, one thing that Obsidian has done very smartly and successfully is that their public position and LucasArts' have been identical, and neither side has turned on the other, publicly or, I suspect, privately. That won't have hurt Obsidian's reputation at all.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Nope, and they probably would if they had anything useful to tell us. I don't think it's in their hands. If you feel like banging your head against a brick wall, you could email LucasArts.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

The last action notified to us from OE was when crazy.joe went off to find some answers ... and he hasn't been heard from since, and it's been over three weeks ... :ph34r:

Devs/Mods going to oblivion after discussing the music/movies-patch, seems like this patch was never intended by Lucasarts to be released.

Seems like a KOTORgate! <_<

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Exactly.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Guest MacleodCorp
Havent checked the forums in a long long time... Figured this patch had to be out by now and would check...  Wow just wow.....

Yeah sad, did anyone OE respond to this thread?

Nope, and they probably would if they had anything useful to tell us.  I don't think it's in their hands.  If you feel like banging your head against a brick wall, you could email LucasArts.

They have seen my posts and decided to walk away from the thread. I have that type of online personality, which makes people reluctant to answer... :)

Eh well...I guess we're still waiting then, although I think everyone is waiting more for the Restoration Mod rather than the high-content patch. Don't get me wrong, I would love that hi-qual. patch and it will certaintly bring some credit back to LA/Obsidian.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

Guest MacleodCorp
:thumbsup:" :p" ...Ninteen pages of posts in a thread, nineteen pages of posts. Place a post about the music and sound patch in the thread, and now 20 pages of posts in a thread. la la la la la la.... :lol:" :lol:"