KotOR II Movie/Music Patch Coming Soon

:)

Keep at it. I'm sure you two go far with getting someone to answer.

Musopticon

I spoke too harshly. I'm sorry. There are, of course, times when things are very frustrating. Times when nothing seems to help. I too resort to sarcasm (and have here in this forum) but its not the best solution. In the complex, real world, things are rarely simple. It doesn't necessarily boil down to who's right and who's wrong.

Companies spend a great deal of money on public relations because it IS important to communicate. Even if a company can't fix every problem, it's important to communicate that they do try and they do care about the customer. If a company just throws up their hands and says "f*** all of you", its a sure path to disaster. I don't think OE has done that and just wanted to warn you (too strongly, I fear) that IMO you might, unintentionally, be giving ppl a wrong impression

Probably should have kept my mouth shut.

Nah, no problem. I understand that some hate might be in the air dues to otuhright muteness of Obsidian's feedback on the subject of patches, or whatever on that matter. Most people buy games hoping to get their money's worth. You have to note though that giving some support to the game and then going to other projects isn't that huge crime in the biz. It's afterall all about the money, especially with Obs being such a new company. Getting game out as fast as can, with it working with most rigs is a commemorable achievement. Contrary to the popular belief; the people who read 'net news sites and forums are a minority. So those few hundred thousand who bought KotOR 2 on xbox last christmas probably have never heard of content patches or restoration projects. The few moning fans on some remote internet board don't matter to a company struggling with quarter years a whole lot, when so many, seemingly staisfied buyers have already opened their wallet.

Most game companies don't even note their fans, not to mention talk with them like Obs has done in the past. That's what first got me to these forums; a lead designer was making dev diary-like threads about the main new features. Other than new, better graphics. For dear god; I remember a thread about the Echani and how would they be portrayed in the game. And what about Akari, Ferret, Morgan, Urquhart? Some new members might not know how much part, compared with for example the much-fabled Bioware nowadays, the devs have taken with the forums and fans, but seeing hate-filled posts, threads and polls irritates me ever so slightly.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

No, it's not. Then again; why did you take it as a promise? Afterall; they had two prjects going on at the time and probably hardly any time.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

No, it's not. Then again; why did you take it as a promise? Afterall; they had two prjects going on at the time and probably hardly any time.

No Excuse for something already finished anyways...

We took it as a promise because it was one. It was said to be in 1.0B (read the patch fix-list) and then they came saying it was seperated for size-matters and would be up in a day or 2...

Now THAT is a promise...

No.

kirottu said:

See for yourself. Things said about the Content Patch by John Morgan:

The "High Quality movies" are too big for this patch and are going to be put into their own patch which should be up in just a day or two (everything's done, just need to build them).

Actually as previously stated, the music and movies were too big to include in this patch and will be released in a second patch in a few days.

We're done with that btw... just has to go through the bureaucracy/QA and all that fun stuff...

complete SILENCE all after that

"just has to go through the bureaucracy/QA and all that fun stuff... "

There's your answer.

kirottu said:

Poor jack.

kirottu said:

Yeah. Too few jacks around nowadays. And who is to blame?

kirottu said:

"just has to go through the bureaucracy/QA and all that fun stuff... "

There's your answer.

From 24 April.

No progress since then. Seems a bit odd...

They could atleast say:

1) Was an issue

2) LA is being a Jackass and delaying it for no known reason, we haven't heard about it ourselves in the 2(+) months (just a bit more polite)

Which would just be one post (takes about 2 min, including loading forums/finding topic) and would be welcomed by many...

May give them a bit of a Rep-boost too (they need it now)...

And (obvious) then we know WTF is going on...

I'm waiting and hoping someone of OE will say something.

If they don't, I'm going to be be very mad, because there will no patch, and because I didn't know the reason.

Just a short message it's delayed, or something else, that would help a lot.

'Gamebanshee Network' is apart of 'UGO', and they get their information from other sites. Therefore, this information is unreliable. I would wait until the source says soomething or a moderator. From my experience with 'UGO'. they have been very unreliable. Unless a moderator, admin, or the source Lucasarts or Obsidian says something, I would not go by a third party source!

They are also part of the group, which FilePlanet is apart of, and they steal mods from their original source, and then distribute them.

Within the botom left corner of the site, there is a section where a person can send in news. Therefore, they upload news that most likely is false.

Wait until Lucas Arts or Obsidian Ent. says something. I would think they would post a statement on their own sites first. Allways check your sources.

Please make sure you have your facts straight before you make a presumptuous post like this. GameBanshee is not owned or affiliated with UGO, other than the fact that I serve their ads like a vast majority of other entertainment sites. Aside from ad serving, they have no involvement with my website.

Secondly, FilePlanet is owned by GameSpy, who has been purchased by IGN Entertainment. I'm not sure what this "group" is that you're talking about, but neither UGO or GameBanshee are affiliated with FilePlanet in any way.

Finally, the information I posted about the content patch did not come from another site or from an anonymous submission - it came from a direct chat that I personally had with John.

Administrator of GameBanshee

Coverage for many RPGs, including Star Wars: KotOR II, Neverwinter Nights 2, and Alpha Protocol

I guess better late than never...

Seriously though, what the hell is going on that it took so long to get a simple update like that?

Also, what is the status on another bug fix patch? Is one even being worked on?

olaf

Buggy Games keeo people interested... it's a little known fact, but when people buy something, and it has a few kinks, they would rather spend months trying anything to get it fixed than simply getting off their ass and take it back to the store... It's true, and LA know's it...

Everyone does it because budgets keep escalating on projects, and people cram developer time in, with little time for proper beta-testing. The less they have to pay to develop the game, the better.

But particularly buggy games are going to generate negative buzz, and may kill sales. You say it creates interest, but I don't think in a fashion that generates revenue.

Everyone does it because budgets keep escalating on projects, and people cram developer time in, with little time for proper beta-testing.  The less they have to pay to develop the game, the better.

But particularly buggy games are going to generate negative buzz, and may kill sales.  You say it creates interest, but I don't think in a fashion that generates revenue.

Also they be hireing Stars to do voice acting work (that's in litigation tho) and gamers have become extremly impatient concerning waiting for the next new game in their favorite line or from their favorite dev. Everybody want's Hideo Kojima to put out MGS4 faster because they like how it looks (by the way has anybody seen the little demo they put together for e3? great stuff) but Hideo, because he control his own company, is able to tell the fans to shove off and wait. Other newer dev's can't do this otherwise people will say they are taking an inordanante amount of time to do somthing that they (the fans) could have done by now. Also games can run too long in development when a creator tries to get his complete vision into a game. then people start to get snarky about everything and try to whine at the company enough so that it's finished. thus our dear developers have to walk a tightrope between enough and too much. Though for some games/dev's too much is not eanough, VALVE I'M LOOKING AT YOU!

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Guest MacleodCorp
Please make sure you have your facts straight before you make a presumptuous post like this.  GameBanshee is not owned or affiliated with UGO, other than the fact that I serve their ads like a vast majority of other entertainment sites.  Aside from ad serving, they have no involvement with my website.

Secondly, FilePlanet is owned by GameSpy, who has been purchased by IGN Entertainment.  I'm not sure what this "group" is that you're talking about, but neither UGO or GameBanshee are affiliated with FilePlanet in any way.

Finally, the information I posted about the content patch did not come from another site or from an anonymous submission - it came from a direct chat that I personally had with John.

Why do both sites have a 'UGO' symbol on them? Both FilePlanet and GameBanshee have a 'UGO' symbol on all of the pages. What is this?

Second, you used the words "MY SITE", does this mean it is a personal site?

Third. what makes you an authority about the gaming industry?

Fourth, if you are a professional company, and your website is not a personal site, do you allways talk to people who have an upinion, which is based upon possible fact!

Yeah, I just checked your website, and you are pretty much nobody important. You have no authority over the game industry. I think I will wait untill the source actually says something before I believe you guys.

Obsidian Ent. and LucasArts are the sources to this game, and GameBanshee is an 'Entertainment Company', which just deals with gossip!

Asking GameBanshee about ObsidianEnt. and Lucas Arts is like asking someone without a degree in Buisness about buisness. Remember, I and others here are customers of Obsidian Ent. and Lucas Arts not GameBanshee; therefore, I will question your authority as I see fit... But, I will do it in the respect of other visitors.