Nobody loves Disciple :(

Ummm.. Actually I LIKE disciple. I think he's a great character. (No don't laugh or throw rotten fruit), but the fact of the matter is I'm attracted to 'nice guys.'

No, I don't think he's gay. Di is just a friendly dedicated guy. Frankly, I'm really glad to see more than one option for staight women.

So yeah, I'm a Di fan. Atton has his attractions too... But Di is number 1 for me.

Naava

And he's not for no use, I found him to be a perfect tank (if you don't play DS and have Hanharr, of course), somewhat compensating for your party's overall lack of tough characters. He's also the easiest one to convert to a Jedi.

he's disliked because he's so Holyer than thou. Also his voice just grates on me. and his personality is just plain screwy

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Can you tell me why nobody on this board seems to like Disciple, and everyone wants to picture him as an idiot, a clown or a gay?

I like him, and he's a really useful character. I posted about that before, but it's been a while. Mical's got 'mad skillz,' for one, and is one of the only people from the PC's past that can be counted on to help.

Not only is he a tank, but he can heal you, recover your force points, AND serve as a lab station. Nevermind that he's the only one that figures out what the hell is going on (even if Kreia makes him forget)!

I like Atton, too, but he's just not as handy.

It's not Disciple's fault his teeth are too big for his chin! :D

Cloris

I like Atton, too, but he's just not as handy.

I'm not sure why that made me laugh. Disciple must feel so... used! :lol:

So to sum things up:

Disciple: useful and nice

Atton: not as useful, but snarky and hot (:thumbsup:)

I actually hated Disciple for my first two or three games... but then I warmed up to him and started to really appreciate him. Like I said in the romance thread, he's just misunderstood (and needs dental surgery).

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

Ummm.. Actually I LIKE disciple. I think he's a great character. (No don't laugh or throw rotten fruit), but the fact of the matter is I'm attracted to 'nice guys.'

I didn't think girls like you even existed! Well, I've never met one, anyway.

imo he adds more to the story then handmaiden does, i never understood why people hate on him also

I couldn't stand the Handmaiden. "I'm sad because I can't date the cute guy I like without getting in trouble. Oh screw the promise I made, I want cute boyfriend NOW!!! *throws tantrum*" Maybe that's not her whole story, but at that point I was too bored with her to care about the rest.

sig2.gif

I've loved Di pretty much since I started coming here. He did annoy me for about the first 10 hours or so but after that he grew on me in leaps and bounds so....now....*shrug

I understand why he's made fun of tho... heh

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I never really liked Disciple because he seemed too martyr-Hercules-sacrifice-all-cliche-hero that every girl is suppoesd to love. But when you put up a messed up scoundrel guy in there, lots of people like him better. Thus, in simplistic math (!!!)...

Atton > Disciple

...IMO. :p

I remember wishing I went to Dantooine last in my very first playthrough as a female. <_<

signature2.jpg

Fanfics:

KotOR II: After the Credits Rolled: Read

Force Sight: Read

Other:

Gaming Blog: Read

I remember wishing I went to Dantooine last in my very first playthrough as a female.  <_<

i remember wishing that Disciple will die in the Atton vs Disciple cutscene :p

Now that would've been cut... except I would've gone through the process of learning to mod just to add that back in. >_<

signature2.jpg

Fanfics:

KotOR II: After the Credits Rolled: Read

Force Sight: Read

Other:

Gaming Blog: Read

The Disciple was pretty good as a character. The only reason I'm not too high on him is because you have to play as a female PC to get him in your party and I'm not partial to doing that. <_<

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I liked the contrast between Disciple's optimism and Atton's fatalism.  Sure Disciple is annoying, but Atton can be too.

As a DSer, you should have been given the option to turn them on each other at a specific moment.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)