KOTOR 3 Whishlist

I liked a lot of stuff about KOTOR 1 and 2. Having my decisions affect the what happens in the game was realy cool, as was being able to battle a lot of enemies at once. I have high hopes for KOTOR 3, so I realy hope that whoever is devoloping it reads this post.

Graphics: Too many games concentrate on making things look realy detailed. For #3 I would rather have realy cool looking backgrounds rendered in real time than an ultra detailed character model and static picture for a background. A good example of how cool this looks can be seen in Alan Wake below. I want to feel like Im somewhere epic and huge, having a picture for a skybox is just ugly and outdated.

Combat: For gameplay I'd love to go "Darth Vader" on someone and fling random heavy objects at them. I would also like to force shove enemies off a cliff, or rip the weapons out of their hands. In terms of visuals It would be awesome to be able to cut some guys hand off, or even decapitate them. Have a wall be blasted to rubble, cooler death animations, and just make combat seem more destructive. In most games the only thing lasers, bullets, or whatever seems to affect is enemies, you could blast a small plant all you want but the damn thing is invincible. In Kotor 3 I want that plant to burn to a crisp.

Lightsabers: For lightsaber battles Id love to see something that looks like it might be from a movie (not the cr@!!y prequels though). As in actual choreographed moves, guys parrying, hitting, and dodgin in-sync, instead of just looking like they are fighting entirely other people that you cant see.

Whishes: I don't think these will get put in even if every member of the dev team reads this post and thinks its great, but I can dream right?

First up, how about a full on, online pod-racing game like Episode 1 Racer? I loved that game and think an updated version with online play would rock!

Pazaak Online anyone? Maybe linked to the racing thing. You could earn credits by winning races in pod-racing to ugrade you pod, and you could also win credits by betting in multplayer games of Pazaak.

Campaign Multiplayer would rule! I have no idea how it would be possible, but something like co-op would be realy cool.

post-3821-1120549585_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the forums.

I'm glad you like KOTOR and decided to come here and post.

However, you may note this area is for discussion on KOTOR:2. In the main discussion area there is a thread specifically for KOTOR:3 suggestions.

All Knights of the Old Republic III threads will be closed, deleted, or moved to Other Games: Computer and Console. If you wish to discuss KIII, please post in the many Obsidian General Threads or see the below thread:

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=34861

Welcome. Wonder where the big green dragon has gone, haven't seen him in a very long time...

... Recovering from a severe case of Spamoplasmosis.

I'm still scared of links... :lol:

Come over to the Darkside....errr Darkside. :ermm:

If by Darkside you mean virus-ridden flame war, I'd rather not. ;)

Smart. :thumbsup:

As for K3, one thing I really want to see is a dramatic reduction in loading screens. They were bad in K1, they got worse in K2. It seemed like everywhere I went there was a loading screen. If they can dramatically cut that back (and it is possible), it would really smoothen gameplay and remove some frustration.

Doors in Kotor 3 should definitely go 'whish' when you open them - either that or sigh with satisfaction as in Hitchhiker's Guide.

And open & close as fast as the control room door in ANH, where Luke leaves the droids to go and recue the princess.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Lightsabers: For lightsaber battles Id love to see something that looks like it might be from a movie (not the cr@!!y prequels though).

I stopped reading right there. You want lightsaber battles to look like movie ones, but not the prequels? You know, the lightsaber fights in kotor1 and 2 are pretty much like OB1 vs Vader in ep 4.

Plus, hating on Ep 1-3 is stupid, and something people do just to act like they know what they are talking about. Dont hate.

Plus, hating on Ep 1-3 is stupid, and something people do just to act like they know what they are talking about. Dont hate.

Not necessarily, he may really not like them. There's this thing called an opinion, and believe it or not, you're not the only one who has one. :ermm:

sig2.gif

awwwwww didn't post a linky to me? i'm very surprised. people say i spam more than Eddo and Jodo put together.......

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

... Recovering from a severe case of Spamoplasmosis.

By the way, tombofsoldier, in English we spell "wish" with just the single aitch.  :thumbsup:

meta,i'm 18 and i don't act like a 10 year old like you do, and your probably older than i am, so heres some advice:GROW UP! :blink:

I take it maths isn't your best subject :rolleyes: If you were born in 1985 you'd be 20 :thumbsup:

Unless of ourse,you're a middle-aged paedophile :shifty: pretending to be a teenager to groom your next targets :rolleyes:

PS This: :rolleyes: is quite irritating :rolleyes:

master of my domain

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.

awwwwww didn't post a linky to me? i'm very surprised. people say i spam more than Eddo and Jodo put together.......

Yes, but your (albeit appallingly spelt and punctuated) posts are at least in the realm of discussion and even occassionally meritorious; same too with Ed'Oh (to a lesser extent, but I do beleive he is trying to be funny); Jodo, OTOH, is just posting meretricious dribble punctuated with " :blink: ".

:rolleyes:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

to meta:Math leads to the Darkside,Math leads to anger,Math leads hate, Math leads to suffering :p  :blink:

No, it's supposed to be "Math leads to the Darkside; the Darkside leads to [insert something hilarious]; [insert something hilarious] leads to [insert something even more hilarious]..." and so forth.

^Asinus asinorum in saecula saeculorum

that's the stupidest thing I've ever read. Maybe some people just don't like them because....they suck? :blink:

that's the stupidest thing I've ever read. Maybe some people just don't like them because....they suck? :blink:

If that's the stupidest thing you've ever read, you must not have browsed this forum for very long.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)