Alignment visuals and NPC conversations

If dark side jedi's and sith get paleskin and yellow eyes with veins showing, why don't really good aligned characters get a certain visual characteristics, perhaps light glowing blue eyes or pimplefree skin or something...

And is there by any chance a certain master-apprentice conversation in the game, like the ones obi wan and anakin had, teacher instructing pupil or sharing wisdom...

To be honest, I think the physical mutations of the dark side went a little too far. I think there should be some minor physical changes, but grey skin and yellow eyes with bulging veins is just WAY overdone.

Then I guess you won't like what they've done with KOTOR 2, I mean look at Darth Sion, he looks like a crumbled cookie...who knows, maybe that was the source of inspiration :lol:

Well, his physical appearance is a part of his character. Look at Malak, his skin appears perfectly fine, albeit with Sith tattoos tacked on, but it's fine naturally as far as I can see. As for that jaw, I doubt that the dark side made it fall off. That aspect of his character was up to the player's imagination.

Bandon is a good example. This guy is dark side for sure, but he doesn't look remotely grotesque.

It's so cliched to have "evil" characters appear ugly, it would be great to have a "pretty" character act evil. Heck, it would definitely add more value to the evil choices the character makes. It would demonstrate the innate evil the character is capable of. Like Obsidian said, they wanted the dark side to be more devious and scheming this time around instead of Bioware's schoolyard bully. Doing so would be a great approach. This would be especially good for female characters.

Perhaps you can have the hair turn white, or you may make the character more pale, but I wouldn't do anything as to change eye color or decomposing skin. Look for example at a drow female (for the lack of a better example), that would be a good start.

Edit: Provided additional opinion and suggestions.

Just a thought...with the introduction of Darth Sion and all...perhaps they'll let us go "epic" as well, I always get bummed out when I find a NPC who is better than me...I want to have an unique look too...not just another average Joe looking character with nice clothing, but really some physical traits that no one else has...like Darth Sion with his cracked body or glowing eyes...auras...robotic arm like Luke Skywalker, ocular implants, whatever...anything would be cool...why do the villains get all the goodies...same with darth Malak...

Well, his physical appearance is a part of his character. Look at Malak, his skin appears perfectly fine, albeit with Sith tattoos tacked on, but it's fine naturally as far as I can see. As for that jaw, I doubt that the dark side made it fall off. That aspect of his character was up to the player's imagination.

Bandon is a good example. This guy is dark side for sure, but he doesn't look remotely grotesque.

It's so cliched to have "evil" characters appear ugly, it would be great to have a "pretty" character act evil. Heck, it would definitely add more value to the evil choices the character makes. It would demonstrate the innate evil the character is capable of. Like Obsidian said, they wanted the dark side to be more devious and scheming this time around instead of Bioware's schoolyard bully. Doing so would be a great approach. This would be especially good for female characters.

Perhaps you can have the hair turn white, or you may make the character more pale, but I wouldn't do anything as to change eye color or decomposing skin. Look for example at a drow female (for the lack of a better example), that would be a good start.

The Valsharess was pretty original still...with her armor (that no other matron mother has)....

If dark side jedi's and sith get paleskin and yellow eyes with veins showing, why don't really good aligned characters get a certain visual characteristics, perhaps light glowing blue eyes or pimplefree skin or something...

Because it wasn't like that in the movies?

To be honest, I think the physical mutations of the dark side went a little too far. I think there should be some minor physical changes, but grey skin and yellow eyes with bulging veins is just WAY overdone.

i thought that was cool as fcuk, if im playing an evil mofo, i want to look the part :ph34r:

Just a thought...with the introduction of Darth Sion and all...perhaps they'll let us go "epic" as well, I always get bummed out when I find a NPC who is better than me...I want to have an unique look too...not just another average Joe looking character with nice clothing, but really some physical traits that no one else has...like Darth Sion with his cracked body or glowing eyes...auras...robotic arm like Luke Skywalker, ocular implants, whatever...anything would be cool...why do the villains get all the goodies...same with darth Malak...

agreed ;)

Wasn't Palpatine, the emperor, all undead looking...you know, greenish skin, all cracking and what not with red eyes (or yellow, i cant really remember). Vader was the same way, injuries alone dont make u all pale and weird looking like that...right? Anyway, I agree with the main point, there should be some type of visual notification if the PC is LS, after all, its pretty drastic when your DS.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Agreed. Nasty looks were good, and not WAY undone, but the "good doggie, good! Here is your cookie" light siders really deserve some charismatic look. I want to say "cool!" when I look at my character.

I've seen (and also killed) mephistoteles in NWN:HotU. So nothing is way too impossible for me. It was absurd, even for an epic character to kill a demon prince. It. was. way. too. Absurd.

But the EXP was good ;)

I would like to see some visual evidence of being a lightsider, not sure what though, subtle would be good.

TripleRRR

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.

I would like to see some visual evidence of being a lightsider, not sure what though, subtle would be good.

TripleRRR

look at the new trailer again! the light jedi woman (forgot her name) who joins your party, her eyes are glowing white, maybe thats what will happen to the pc if they are light to the extreme :)

i heard something about being able to have glowing red eyes or something like that when you are fully DS, cant remember where i heard it or if it was just a rumour up there with the black lightsaber ;) can anyone specify? in? out? rumour? bull****?

I think that for LS female more beatifull(nice face,maybe a bit make up) and for male more handsome(shaved,combed) changes would be great.

They should have noble appearance , you should be able to recognize a LS character from miles away, not by looking into their force powers or aligment gauge.