• Elder Scrolls games
    • Deus Ex I and II
    • KOTOR I and II
    • Civilization games
    • Command and Conquer games
    • Zelda games
    • Chrono Trigger/Chrono Cross
    • Ultima I and II

I'm so not going to answer this. How can you compare e.g Zelda and C&C? Make poll for games of certain genre.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I am deeply offended by the inclusion of the bastardized sequel known as Invisible War together with the original.

And no, Topaz Quasar has the Poll Master title... for eternity. Sorry.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

True. Quasar is unbeatable.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Guest Mistress

Dungeon Keeper is not in this poll. As such, I reject it and hmph.

(from the list...which is a fairly odd and tricky to compare mix, I have probably enjoyed the Civ games the most over the years).

What's missing:

Fallout 1

Fallout 2

Icewind Dale 1

Icewind Dale 2

Planescape Torment

Baldur's Gate 1

Baldur's Gate 2

Arcanum

Ultima 7

Septerra Core :ph34r:

System Shock 1

System Shock 2

Gothic

LSL series

Monkey Island series

Space Quest Series

Indiana Jones series

Sanitarium

Grim Fandango

The Dig

King's Quest

Guilty Gear X

GG XX

And the list goes on and on....

Thief!

kirottu said:

Or we march through the mountains of spam. Again.

kirottu said:

Why  Ultima I and II?

They're hardly the highlight of the series....

Unless you mean  Ultima Underworld I and II...

Ultima I ... hmmm *scratches head* I don't recall it, that must be Akalabeth, surely? And that was circa 1982 ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

The origional C&C's were good. Then with the advent of Tiberian Sun the franchise Bellyflopped. The Newest Incarnation isn't even a Command and Conquer. It has absolutly no similarity's byond the name.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I'm gonna go with the fanboy-ish response since a)I do like the KOTOR games and b)the other games on the list aren't really that interesting to me.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Meh. None of my top three or four games are on the list, and comparing those that are on the list is impossible.

Comparing, for example, a historically important RTS series (C&C) to a single-player FPS (HL2) and and an elaborated multiplayer mod using the same engine (CS Source)? How does one begin to compare?

In other burning questions this day, which is better?

(1) The Battle of Waterloo, an irate German mime named Hans and the colour vermillion.

or

(2) Machiavelli's The Prince, dermatological self-examination and the half-life of Carbon-14.

But seriously, not only are these games selected from genres with entirely different goals, many of the options on this list contain, within a single option, both great and terrible games from multiple, distinct genres.

Comparing groups of often dissimilar games, both successful and unsuccessful, with other groups of often dissimilar games of equally variable quality? Huh?

(1) The Battle of Waterloo, an irate German mime named Hans and the colour vermillion.

The Battle of Waterloo wasn't a great battle, and vermillion isn't nearly as great as saffron. So clearly, Hans is the winner here.

(2) Machiavelli's The Prince, dermatological self-examination and the half-life of Carbon-14.
I prefer The Little Prince over The Prince, and self-examination is more fun on other parts of the body. Again, clearly we have a victor in the half-life of Carbon-14.