Are u gonna see the Passion?

Craftsman

In the name of Allah the Compassionate and the Merciful,

Yes, I will go so see this excellent film by the Mr. Gibson, even though I do not speak a shred of Latin [it is a barbarian tongue]. It is one of the few films that portray how evil the race that bred Zion can be at times.

Allah Akhbar!

The movie is controversial enough that I'll probably go and see it when (and if) it shows up over here.

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.

I heard the flogging scene goes on for more than 10 minutes.

And it probably will come to a city near you... it's playing on ~2800 screens (almost as much as The Last Samurai and Master and Commander)

the jeebus phreaks are going nuts, I'm sure

here's one, she thinks god made this movie

Oh Jimmy, you were so funny.

Don't let me down.

From habit he lifts his watch; it shows him its blank face.

Zero hour, Snowman thinks. Time to go.

I'm going to see it, and I can't get why the violence is disturbing everybody. If you saw Kill Bill, or the Scarface reissue, or damn near any other movie in the last few years, you should be immune to sights of bloodshed & cruelty. :p I'm real curious to see what the buzz is about, plus I've never heard Aramaic.

That's an excellent point, Vladek. People are getting so upset about The Passion because you shouldn't blame all the Jews for something a small minority of them did some 2000 years ago (not that, from what I've read, the movie implies any such thing). But these same people feel its perfectly acceptable to blame Gibson for his father's evil opinions. That's called having your cake and eating it.

I've read that in the movie, Pilate doesn't want to kill Jesus, but Jewish clerics convince him to. Several times, I've read this.

Yes, the Jewish priests did want him dead. So did the Romans. He was advocating politicaly dangerous things. No one knows how the decision to have him crucified was reached. "The Passion" has decided to blame it on the Jewish clergy. Those friendly Roman fellas wouldn't have crucified some guy just for proclaiming himself the son of god and king of the jews. Oh, wait, they crucified people for stealing bread...

EDIT : and in response to the original topic, yes I'm probably going to go see it. If it pulls in enough dough, Mel might make a sequel.

Jesus 2 : Easter's Over, Baby

Oh Jimmy, you were so funny.

Don't let me down.

From habit he lifts his watch; it shows him its blank face.

Zero hour, Snowman thinks. Time to go.

That's an excellent point, Vladek.  People are getting so upset about The Passion because you shouldn't blame all the Jews for something a small minority of them did some 2000 years ago (not that, from what I've read, the movie implies any such thing).  But these same people feel its perfectly acceptable to blame Gibson for his father's evil opinions.  That's called having your cake and eating it.

I have no desire to blame Gibson for his father's opinions, and find it upsetting that some people think it's okay to do so. I blame him slightly for not condemning those "opinions" and just saying "oh, dad's kinda silly to say the Holocaust never happened." I blame him more for being a stupid **** (scroll down to the Playboy interview).

I am following my fish.

A temporary home for stranded ML'ers

Well i mean if its as historically acurate as possible then i don't see how it is offensive to jews, if thats how it happened, cos in a way you can see where they're coming from, if someone claims to be sent by god now days people shun them, look at Waco, i'm not saying those nutta's were right but its the same kinda situation, what if 2000 years from now people believe that their way was the right way?

People should just accept that others have different views to them that may or may not be right. I just find it odd sometimes how some people are really defensive, i mean if someone takes the piss out of me cos i'm English or cos i'm white then i really don't mind, i find it funny how people from the US seem to think we all drink sipping tea in our county estates :blink:

Wow, that's.. Well,... I mean my God. It sounds to me that (especially in the part dealing wih women) he's trying to justify some of the "quirks" of the Catholic Church to himself. It's all fine and dandy to preach tradition but when it becomes a serious problem to the advancement of the church, you need to question it.

Now I'd really like to meet him. Just to talk, see if he really comes across as he does in the interview. If so, I'd give him a good punch in the face, maybe it'll knock something back into place. <_<

Mel used to be addicted to drugs. Now he's turned to wacky religious fundamentalism to solve his personality problems. Same old thing.

No, I will not be going to see "The Passion". Beyond how dumb and anti-Semitic it looks to be, I'm sure it would offend my historical sensibilities terribly. In fact, since it shows nails being hammered into hands on crosses, it loses me right there. That's what people in the Middle Ages, who had lost all knowledge of human anatomy, thought the Romans did. Nails went through the WRIST, not the hand.