Best Games Ever

A crappy one (I suck at listing my comp specs in detail).

HOWEVER, I did meet the recommended specs (not required, but recommended). Which should have been enough to run the game properly. But the game ran as poorly as if I didn't even meet the required specs.

Please don't say "just buy more RAM" or I'll be forced to castrate you.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I tried everything that was recommended on the unofficial/official Bloodlines forum tech help.

I just happened to be one of the people who got hosed by Troika going out of business and never being able to make a fix to the stability issues (not just game bugs, but performance type stuff).

The ironic thing is I didn't even really encounter any major bugs, not even that game stopper that everyone complained about. Mine was performance and stability issues only.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

It fixed several bugs but lacked the essential fix, the memory leak fix.

Buy more RAM, problem solved.

n00b :thumbsup:

I'm tempted to flame but... feh. I no longer care.

I'm tempted to point out I was being silly and was being sarcastic, but... feh. I no longer care.

My favourite game ever would have to be Dungeon Keeper. 

*nods* I must agree...that was going to be my answer but you beat me to it. :D

I tend to rate 'best game' by how much I enjoyed it and how much I played it. Doesn't matter if it wasn't the greatest game...or the most intelligent...or whatever...if I played it to death and obsessed over it for whatever reason, and still occasionally pull it out years later, it's the best game to me.

So along those lines..in order:

DungeonKeeper1

Caesar3

Diablo1

Strange how I like RPG's quite a bit (with or without lots of dialogue), and I've played quite a few and loved most of 'em, but despite that, none of them are on my all-time favorite/best lists. I find they don't have re-playabilty for me - I play them like mad for 2-3 months than never touch em again.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I tried everything that was recommended on the unofficial/official Bloodlines forum tech help.

I just happened to be one of the people who got hosed by Troika going out of business and never being able to make a fix to the stability issues (not just game bugs, but performance type stuff).

The ironic thing is I didn't even really encounter any major bugs, not even that game stopper that everyone complained about.  Mine was performance and stability issues only.

I think Activision kept them around just long enough to release their patch.

They announced they were closing their doors pretty much the next day.

Guest Fishboot

Whoever it was that said that Bloodlines had terrible endings, I just finished it, and I disagree.

The endgame (which I include in the concept of endings) was a little bit dull outside of the boss fights, since I wasn't that into mowing through tons and tons of humans (using my newbie-build Gangrel with 5 points of Protean - the fodder enemies were easy but slow) but the boss fights themselves were pretty good and very challenging - the Chinese worm thing in particular (I had luckily thought to spend all of my money on blood bags before initiating the endgame and had to burn absolutely all of them except for one Elder Vitae on the worm thing). There were a few mysteries I never figured out (Was anyone familiar with what the Sheriff was supposed to be? Something out of the PnP game?) and I suspect I accidentally picked the most satisfying ending, but my experience was pretty darn good.

The only non-technical problems I had with the game were the turn towards heavy duty combat-wombat style gaming about halfway through when the first half had been extremely talky and short on hack 'n slash, and some poor sequences -

The boring warrens thing, the difficulty-free hack towards the end, and a few pacing problems

The game had a lot of great action and emotion set pieces - the Ocean Hotel thing was very creepy, as was the Malkavian psychologist's house, the interaction with your ghoul was great (I felt so guilty when she tried to give me her college loan check that I sent her off), the plaguebearers bit, the sincerely frightening "run away from the werewolf" sequence, and probably some more I'm forgetting. It was also extremely funny, with several dialog options making me break out in giggles.

I'll probably start a second game with a "see all dialog options" character before I shell out for another game. I wasn't particularly phased when Troika went under but it really hits home after I've seen how attuned my tastes are to their style.

I'm tempted to point out I was being silly and was being sarcastic, but... feh. I no longer care.

You should work on your sarcasm.

(snip)

:ermm:

The Sheriff is supposedly a Nagloper - a Clan native to Africa. He can transform into a Chiropteran Behemoth which is a Vicissitude ability, and is seen using Animalism against the Sabbat thugs. The Chiropteran Behemoth is out of proportion for game purposes probably and I don't think the sort of teleportation he uses is a PnP ability, but it's cool anyway.

There are five different endings, so yes, I'd recommend you make at least another playthrough. And since this time you sent the ghoul girl away, try keeping her around next time.

Good stuff.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

You should work on your ability to be a human being.. so whatever. :ermm:

You should work on your ability to be a human being.. so whatever. >_<

Would you two just kiss and make up already? It's an obvious schoolboy/schoolgirl crush going on.

You should work on your ability to be a human being.. so whatever. >_<

Would you two just kiss and make up already? It's an obvious schoolboy/schoolgirl crush going on.

I think they should both work on thier ability to be human beings.

Am I right fellas? I mean, am I right?

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Would you two just kiss and make up already?  It's an obvious schoolboy/schoolgirl crush going on.

But that would break Nur's heart! :'(

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Hmm. I anticipate a malicious comeback regardless of my answer, so I'll just masterfully dodge the issue and turn this nice thread into your typical politics spamfest to divert the attention.

"So, what's your take on US foreign policy?"

:thumbsup:"