Best Games Ever

Actually,I found it much easier.

I could never play MW in 1st person.

Really? wow :thumbsup:

I couldn't ever get my character to connect correctly, especially versus those dog things and those flying pterodactly things.

I just switched to 1st person and played Morrowind as a FPS. :)

In fact I even had machine guns :thumbsup:

I could never hit Cliffracers with a bow and arrow, even when I was aiming dead center. Don't ask me why.

3rd person was fine. The real secret to mastering MW combat was clicking the box that said "Always use best attack".

Thankfully, combat is different in Oblivion, and will be more like Jade Empire. Now, if the AI is better than Jade Empire (some early reviews are really impressed with the AI), then maybe I won't fall asleep playing the game.

Morrowind was so hilariously broken that it wasn't funny. On the one hand, the game was easy as hell, and one the other hand, it was also extremely easy to get very, very powerful. In the end, my mage didn't really bother with spells and such and just hacked everything into tiny fish-bits with the Crescent.

Some other character I made I powerleveled my enchant skill and then got the vampiric ring. 200-300 life/sta taken per second for ten seconds at a ridiculously low charge cost due to enchanting skill = madness.

Seriously. Morrowind is the only game I've ever played where you don't have to powerlevel to own anything and everything without any effort at all.

"McDonald's taste damn good. I'd rtahe reat their wonderful food then the poisonous junk you server in your house that's for sure.

What's funny is I'm not fat. In fact, I'm skinny. Though I am as healthy as cna be. Outside of being very ugly, and the common cold once in the blue moon I simply don't get sick."

- Volourn, Slayer of Yrkoon!

"I want a Lightsaber named Mr. Zappy" -- Darque

"I'm going to call mine Darque. Then I can turn Darque on anytime I want." -- GhostofAnakin

Let's see... things I made.

I had a belt of permanent levitation, waterbreathing and Light 10' (I think I named it Angel's Wings)

With the boots of blinding speed you can find you can levitate so fast you can cross the island in about 5 minutes :p ZOOOOOOOOOOM

I also made a full set of low leveled health regeneration/stamina regeneration clothes. In melee I healed faster than anything could hurt me.

That spell spamming lich was a different story though.

I also am fond of Steel Daggers enchanted with a low level attack spell. With a big enough soul gem you can have about 50-100 shots... and each one fires at the speed of a mouse click... I think of them as my UZIs :D

I was also big on Alchemy... which was even worse.

By making potions to enhance your INT to make even better potions you could make enhancement potions that lasted litterally hours.

I reaaaaaaaaaaaaaally hope Oblivion is more balanced.

Well, yeah :D

But challenge is fun too :shifty:

I mean I made my first UZIs at first level :p

Only 15 shots a piece with low soulgems, but still :D

Of course cliffracers are an unfair advantage for the computer. <_<

So I guess it balances out. :cool:

UZIs.

I explained it earlier :p

Take a low value weapon (like a steel dagger... steel daggers are best actually)

Slap a soul gem on it and enchant it with a low powered damage health enchantment. (like 2-4 points of damage per hit)

You can fire spells from items at the speed of your mouse clicking.

So you can unload a LOT of damage VERY quickly.

Like firing a submachinegun :)

Hahahaha.

My enchantments were always additional damage to my melee attack...never ranged.

My Daikatana did like an extra 75 damage in every element, or something goofy like that.

I remember fighting a guy in a duel in Vivec just after getting the sword, and I killed him in a single attack :p

Coupled with that 95% concealment ring that you get off that guy that tricks you into going to the bottom of a lake thing or whatever and they try robbing you, I was pretty scary :D

If there was ever the possibility of me not winning the fight, I just used that ring and beat the crap out of the guy since he couldn't react.

The ring was rather goofy :p

Still, I can imagine the buzz about a duel between me and their toughest guy, and the anti-climax of us rushing each other, me swinging, and him dying :)

:)

I think I did a dual once.

With the head of the Mage's Guild.

I had my wings on so I flew to the ceiling and was going to drop 100' area 100 damage fireballs on him... only to find he had flew up with me and started whacking me with his staff :p

So I just turned invisible (I wasn't a melee type) and waited....

His spell wore off and he fell to the ground... splat :lol:

:p

I'm thinking on reinstalling it...but I don't really have the time.

I never did finish it, because I got distracted and when I came back I had no idea wtf I was doing (journal mode sucked).

The last time I played it though I was working nights at a local restaurant and wasn't going to school, so I'd get home from work at like 3 AM and play until 7 or so :)

Oh! Oh!

If you reinstall get all the patches :p The newest one GREATLY improves the journal :)

Or was that an upgrade from Bloodmoon....

I can't remember :lol:

Something upgraded the journal though, big time.

I heard there was a patch that upgraded the Journal.

Man, I'm going to have to raid my parent's place some day. Apparently there's a way to get Ultima VII working awesome on new computers, someone wants to play some Close Combat 3 with me, AND Morrowind is still there.

I think I know where the map is still :p

Would you recommend the expansions? Although it's hard to find them in stores now anyways, so I probably won't bother.

If you get the expansions... just get the game of the year version (has morrowind and both expansions)

I think it costs the same as one expansion by itself.

As for the expansions, the first one (can't remember the name) was ok

Bloodmoon looked VERY cool :) I like wintery stuff. But I never finished it.

Actually I never beat the main quest in Morrowind now that I think about it... there's just so much stuff to do and I kept getting sidetracked :p

It is a pretty big world.

I wonder if Oblivion is going to have a more robust conversation design in Oblivion.

As much as I find the one word responses usable....I prefer full on dialog options personally. But I guess I can just make up whatever sentence I want when I pick the single word :p