Best Games Ever

Hehe, I was like 4 when I first played it.

I didn't play the game properly though.  I always found it more fun to trap the bad guys than to collect the lodestones.

I was five.

My parents bought me an Apple IIe for my birthday because they couldn't afford anything better at the time.

I think I managed to get to level twenty or something, then all the bad guys started going at ludicrous speed, and I always got caught. :lol:

If you go looking for a copy of it Ender, get it on an Apple IIe Emulator.

There's an updated 3D version of it by Broderbund (?) floating around that totally sucks a fatty.

LOL! :lol:

<squeaky voice>Prepare ship.......AHEM

Prepare ship, for ludicrous speed. Close all the shops in the mall, cancel the three ring circus, tie down all animals in the zoo!

I heard Mel was considering making a prequel spoof called Spaceballs 0.5

Hehe, I was like 4 when I first played it.

I didn't play the game properly though.  I always found it more fun to trap the bad guys than to collect the lodestones.

I was five.

My parents bought me an Apple IIe for my birthday because they couldn't afford anything better at the time.

I think I managed to get to level twenty or something, then all the bad guys started going at ludicrous speed, and I always got caught. :wub:

If you go looking for a copy of it Ender, get it on an Apple IIe Emulator.

There's an updated 3D version of it by Broderbund (?) floating around that totally sucks a fatty.

Ah, thanks for that sweet memory!

IIRC they even transferred it, holis bolis, to the arcade; I remember playing a sit-down machine of it (and it wasn't cheap). That and Choplifter! (their exclamation mark, not mine: I thought it was okay, but not worth it's own proprietary punctuation).

That's what I had for my first computer, the Apple //e: 6502 8 bit processor goodness. Great machine. I remember the ludicrous copy protection schemes they invented to (attempt to) prevent piracy, which were a dismal failure.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I never liked Choplifter....perhaps because I sucked at it. There didn't seem to be a way to rescue the other buildings unless you went and crashed into it to set it on fire :rolleyes:

There was a similar game though, called Rescue Raiders. I still love that game even today. You were in a helicpoter with guided missiles, bombs, and machine guns (that later are replaced with air to ground missiles...very devastating).

You slowly accumulated money, with which you could buy tanks, engineers (that could repair AA guns, infantry (useful for taking little base installations), Demolition trucks (the only thing that could take out the enemy base and win the level). And an anti-aircraft jeep that would shoot down the enemy helicopter. Both sides were equal (in terms of units), so it was just a lot of fun :lol:

And it was all played from the same side scroller perspective that Choplifter! had :)

I thought that Bethesda just released an Elder Scroll's 10th annivesary collection a while back.

I don't know if they did this, however, I do know they are temporarily releasing a full, free version of The Elder Scrolls: Arena. More info about their 10th anniversary here, and the download page for Arena is here.

I thought that Bethesda just released an Elder Scroll's 10th annivesary collection a while back.

I don't know if they did this, however, I do know they are temporarily releasing a full, free version of The Elder Scrolls: Arena. More info about their 10th anniversary here, and the download page for Arena is here.

Thats another one I have up in the attic, and DaggerFall.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I'll outbid you in no time :)

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

My current favorites.

Burnout 3 Takedown...just pure fun

Soul Calibur 2...more fun

MGS3 Snake Eater

I bought a used PS2 recently, and those are the games I am playing now.

I have FFX too, but I can't seem to like it. The whole thing seems tedious and it's annoying getting interrupted by monsters every 5 seconds. I'm just at the part before you go battle SIN and well the story just doesn't seem that intriguing. I used to love playing through FF games 5,6,7,8, are the ones I've played but X just didn't do it for me. Maybe my tastes have changed.

All time favorites.

BG series

Planescape Torment

Jedi Knight Series

Half Life...looking forward to the expansion

Prince of Persia series, both old and new except for the 3D one.

Icewind Dale series

Romance of the Three Kingdoms Series..playing 10 right now and damn they upped the difficulty a bit

Kotor series

Divine Divinity...I really tried to like Beyond Divinity but couldn't

Beyond Good and Evil

Metal Gear Solid Series

Starcraft...when are they gonna do a sequel?

Diablo series

Contra series

Ninja Gaiden Series, 1 and 2 were awesome, 3 was meh, haven't played the Xbox one

Double Dragon 2

Strider for Sega Genesis...that game totally blew me away.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade Game

Battletoads for NES. I loved this game.

Super Mario 64

There are probable more that I can't think of right now.

Go and have it then. I think I'm satisfied with Arcanum anyway. :thumbsup:

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

My current favorites.

(snip)

Double Dragon 2

Strider for Sega Genesis...that game totally blew me away.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade Game

Battletoads for NES. I loved this game.

Super Mario 64

There are probable more that I can't think of right now.

Strider... Now that was one AWESOME game.

image002.gifLancer